Texture Normal Mapping

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Orkfaeller
Posts: 3

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#11 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Okey, please feel free to ignore or delete this if its completely the wrong place to bring this up but -

I was looking into messing around with WAR's textures myself, but I'm a bit lost were to start exactly. ó ò

You know, where do I find them, how do I extract them or convert them into format to work with. And if its possible to re-oackage and load them.

Maybe one of you guys got a link to a write up, some tips or something. I've worked on some stuff in the past, but this is new ground for me.

Thank you.

Ads
User avatar
PartizanRUS
Posts: 594

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#12 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:22 pm

Devs can neither confirm nor deny normal mapping for War engine ? It looks this way.
Orkfaeller wrote:Okey, please feel free to ignore or delete this if its completely the wrong place to bring this up but -
I was looking into messing around with WAR's textures myself, but I'm a bit lost were to start exactly. ó ò
You know, where do I find them, how do I extract them or convert them into format to work with. And if its possible to re-oackage and load them.
You shouldn't mess with them. It could lead to the dark side :]
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
Sildur
Posts: 130
Contact:

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#13 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:21 am

Well if someone managed to dump the shaders I might be able to work something out.

Real time bump and parallax mapping in minecraft with a 512x512 texture pack:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PartizanRUS
Posts: 594

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#14 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:53 am

Sildur wrote:Well if someone managed to dump the shaders I might be able to work something out.

Real time bump and parallax mapping in minecraft with a 512x512 texture pack:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
We don't have any specifications and info yet. I guess devs don't want to share it.
All I found is 1 simple tangent normal map in textures so far, idk if its even work.
Bump- and cubemapping would be more than enough. Main point is to enable them for characters.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
ImageImageImage Image

User avatar
Sildur
Posts: 130
Contact:

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#15 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Managed to extract the shaders of the game. They have alot unused code for bump, specular and parallax mapping in it.
Image

User avatar
Razielhell
Former Staff
Posts: 1214
Contact:

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#16 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Sildur wrote:Managed to extract the shaders of the game. They have alot unused code for bump, specular and parallax mapping in it.
:o :o **Cool pictures.
Image
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

User avatar
saupreusse
Posts: 1798

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#17 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 pm

yeah sildur is like the internet celebrity when it comes to shaders :D
the biggest german youtuber uses his shaders,too ^^
Sildur maybe i can tell you more in the future, right now we dont have the tools to implement such features.

User avatar
Sildur
Posts: 130
Contact:

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#18 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Yeah, I enabled it code wise for testing, but it won't do much without the heightmap and normal map textures.
Also that code is so inefficient, so many if and else statements, code all over the place #include functions everywhere, it hurts.
Image

Ads
User avatar
Vayra
Posts: 310

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#19 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Sildur wrote:Yeah, I enabled it code wise for testing, but it won't do much without the heightmap and normal map textures.
Also that code is so inefficient, so many if and else statements, code all over the place #include functions everywhere, it hurts.
Yes, the WAR code is a real mess. It was IIRC a big part of the reason for slow updates to the game since most of the folks who wrote this messy spaghetti code were long gone from the company by release.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Aven
Posts: 44

Re: Texture Normal Mapping

Post#20 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Well, unfortunately WAR was one of those game that was 'in development hell'.

IIRC they started from scratch twice or thrice.
Avenflar, Zealot, Athel Loren, RR Icompletelyforgotbynow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests