Recent Topics

Ads

combat questions

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: combat questions

Post#11 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:07 pm

nalgol wrote:just some questions

can a dot tick be blocked / disrupted?
can a dot tick critt?
can dot ticks be reduced by resistances?

i will add some more if i got new one

-Every initial hit can be defense against
-every dot damage get reduced only by TOUGH, this is a common mistake resistence to no work on dot, this is way dot damage are so low
-every thick have the chance to tick and all tick togheter are considering being a single hit for the purpose of buff that active proc ( so actualy a dot+ ticks count as being 2 hit)
-Not all dot cannot be defended, there are 2 or 3 that can be disrupted, parryed but i think it's a bug, look inevitable doom from slayer for exemple; it's an explosion that can be parried...... so for common purpose we can tell no there are no parryed or disruptable tick

Due to magic dot remember that disrupt work even behind charcater (360 degree) so every magical dot always have chance to be disrupted
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Azarael

Post#12 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Tesq wrote:-every dot damage get reduced only by TOUGH, this is a common mistake resistence to no work on dot, this is way dot damage are so low
Resistances aren't factored into the live alpha, and that makes very little sense. Resistances are a multiplicative modifier, not a subtractive one, so if you get hit by a DoT which ticks for 10 and your Spirit Resistance is 10%, you'll be hit for 9. If you get hit by a nuke for 200 with the same resistance, you'll be hit for 180. I don't see why this would have been made any other way, because factor-based resistance doesn't affect DoTs any differently to any other spell, and I can't find any external source to confirm it either.

Tesq

Post#13 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Azarael wrote:
Tesq wrote:-every dot damage get reduced only by TOUGH, this is a common mistake resistence to no work on dot, this is way dot damage are so low
Resistances aren't factored into the live alpha, and that makes very little sense. Resistances are a multiplicative modifier, not a subtractive one, so if you get hit by a DoT which ticks for 10 and your Spirit Resistance is 10%, you'll be hit for 9. If you get hit by a nuke for 200 with the same resistance, you'll be hit for 180. I don't see why this would have been made any other way, because factor-based resistance doesn't affect DoTs any differently to any other spell, and I can't find any external source to confirm it either.
and still dot work in this way.....i do no chose it, i'm only telling you how dot work, i tested it.... i pretty much test every way to lower damage in game so far,they work in this way cos dot is a damage to your body that have alredy bypassed your resistences, it get reduced only by your toughness, it's the only way it was on official and i've tested it increasing and lowering my resistence vs a bw dot and damage didn't change
This is why AM dot where very strong in 1.4.0
About resistence not been active in alpha the same for tough using both will alredy destroy the low damage that dot do, well if you want do that put dot damage reduced by resistence and tough and what was actualy the only way to kill chosen and kobs will go to hell... and i speak on 1 vs partys, better for me :D
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Azarael

Post#14 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Can you prove it? Because what you're saying to me right now is ridiculous from not only the perspective of simplicity and need, but it also means that the labelling of DoTs as Corporeal, Elemental and Spiritual damage is POINTLESS if they're not affected by those resistances.

In short, I'm calling bullshit.

EDIT: Toughness is capped and I'm sure you know that. It is limited in mitigation to neutralizing the attacking stat's bonus - just like on every other skill. So no, DoTs aren't affected any more badly than any other skill.
Last edited by Azarael on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#15 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Azarael wrote:Can you prove it?
can you prove it im wrong?

is not bullshit dot have lower damage, resistence work as direct damage and you mistake again there aren't not only magic dot are you triyng to tell me that bleeding damage, get reduced by armor?

Armor and resistence are % damage reduction and work only o direct hit, toughness work on every hit in game this is your justification case close.
Otherwise
Magical dot will get reduced by tough and then resistence
pshisycal dot will get reduced only by tough

this make no sense , i have more exeprience with def stat, i def a damint keep vs 2 party, i test it better than you all def stats, i was much pretty best turtle tank on destru KN, so i can be pointless on other things but not about how defensive meccanic work :P
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Azarael

Post#16 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:44 pm

I don't need to. What you're suggesting goes against consistency for no apparent reason and it also provides no explanation for why DoTs are listed with Elemental, Corporeal and Spiritual damagetypes if they're not affected by those resistances. A source dating from 30th October, 2010, http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/10/30 ... ive-stats/ , states explicitly that DoTs are affected by resistance. If it changed, you will be able to show me a clear patch log in which the change is documented.
When choosing which statistic to stack defensively, it is easiest to think of the difference between MR and TOU as defense against magical DoTs (toughness) and defense against magical nukes (MR). Keep in mind, though, that MR also reduces damage from magical DoTs but soft-caps out at a much lower percentage than either armor or toughness (i.e., 30%, or 750 raw stat).
If you can demonstrate that I'm wrong, I'll be happy to admit it.
Last edited by Azarael on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tesq

Post#17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Azarael wrote:I don't need to. What you're suggesting goes against consistency for no apparent reason and it also provides no explanation for why DoTs are listed with Elemental, Corporeal and Spiritual damagetypes if they're not affected by those resistances. A source dating from the beginning of the game, http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/10/30 ... ive-stats/ , states explicitly that DoTs are affected by resistance. If it changed, you will be able to show me a clear patch log in which the change is documented.
When choosing which statistic to stack defensively, it is easiest to think of the difference between MR and TOU as defense against magical DoTs (toughness) and defense against magical nukes (MR). Keep in mind, though, that MR also reduces damage from magical DoTs but soft-caps out at a much lower percentage than either armor or toughness (i.e., 30%, or 750 raw stat).
Who the hell wrote it? there isn't even his name linked to a role in war world, thats simply wrong, a lot of thing you found on internet are wrong or changed, btw i alredy told what i know if you prefer in this way just better for def tank, hope ppl not gona cry when dok, chosen,kobs and wp will be unkilleable

And no need to make you change mind just try it and what suit better the current state o game can be used.

I remember well, just like auto facing ......i told it from the begging it was present in game ....and like 70% ppl never relize it, when they used to play it in war........ then a second bug report spoke about that..................and i found a link refering to news of 2006 about official dev spoke about it...not this crap online page you post that can been wrote by anyone.

and still you are telling us this

Phys damage dot = mitigated only by toug
Resistence damage dot = mitigated by tough + resistence

And THIS make no sense, it's like i told a common error like think tough reuced damage after armor or resistence reduction, or like cripple strike stack with challenge.....
You spoke about logic but if i wear armor and get hit,first armor should lower the hit then my tough should being enter in action and prevent further damage, but is not in this way on war, it's a dev decision deal with it.
Common sense have nothing to do with combat formula, warhammer tabletop both 40k and fantasy meccanic and rule work in this way.

Azarael

Post#18 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:13 pm

and i found a link refering to news of 2006 about official dev spoke about it...not this crap online page you post that can been wrote by anyone.
Feel free to share the goods rather than throwing insults and anecdotes. Also, WAR was released in 2008!

I never said a thing about physical DoTs ignoring armor...
link wrote:Ditto on resist and armor debuffs. I can verify (on SH and Mara) that DoTs applied while someone is armor debuffed continue to tick for the debuffed value even after the debuff wears off or is purged.
http://kos-gaming.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9693

You can easily rationalise a DoT that causes bleeding as being mitigated because the initial strike which caused the bleeding was weakened by the armor.

Again - show me a changelog or source which supports your statement. I will happily back down in that case.
Last edited by Azarael on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:48 pm

The link is refered to auto facing nothing to do with resistence and oh about link have you realised that your link do not concern what we are talking here? read all the conversation they are talk about another issue that have nothing to about how dot damage work.
The fact that you do not talk about armor is the prove that you don't consider all in 1 global view and you fail. Stop tell me i have insulted you cos i havent unless told someone he's wrong is considered throw insult
And you should stop took what you see write around as true , nalg wrote it would appera not is 100% in this way if nto what the hell would this topic needed for?
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Post#20 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Ditto on resist and armor debuffs. I can verify (on SH and Mara) that DoTs applied while someone is armor debuffed continue to tick for the debuffed value even after the debuff wears off or is purged.
DoTs applied while someone is armor debuffed continue to tick for the debuffed value even after the debuff wears off or is purged.
I cannot make this any more clear for you than this. They talk in that link about how DoTs are affected by armor, because they're reporting how DoTs use the debuffed armor value even after an armor debuff has worn off.

Given that a decision has been made on the matter, and that you seem incapable of offering any actual evidence, I will not respond to you further.
Last edited by Azarael on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.