Recent Topics

Ads

[DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
soulcoffin

Re: [DISCUSSION] - Upcoming EC 6v6 Scenario

Post#111 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks I edited my post. Just trying to get a feel of the roles that are out there.
SOULCOFFIN

Ads
RyanMakara

Post#112 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:56 pm

soulcoffin wrote:Hello Penril,

Please explain your role within the RoR team. I did not find you on the list of the current team.

Thanks

(NM I got my answer > Those members of the community who have the Balance Forum Moderator usergroup are here to enforce the rules of this particular subforum, and were appointed for their ability and willingness to perform that function. Their usergroup does not mean that their opinions on balance are considered more valuable than those of anyone else within this subforum. It means only that they have the ability to issue infractions and bans within this area, and directives issued by them are to be respected.)
His rank means nothing yet, as the balance forums will open once T4 is released and actually requires balance discussions. I value his opinion just as much as that of a regular player (that knows stuff and/or is involved with the 6 man scenario playstyle).

RyanMakara

Post#113 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Euan wrote:Yo can we get the exact same scenario for pugs only without a wall? Thanks.
Sadly, this isn't possible, as the EC scenario instancing for both 12v12 and 6v6 use the same base zone in which the wall would be placed, if we decided to place it.

Gobtar

Post#114 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Oi Penril, Iz friendly, if you are up to it maybe we can 6v6 some time, I think it will be a good time <3

What did you guys think of my suggestion about having no walls...but treating getting kicked off as a "out of bounds" port and putting you back at spawn. (Live used to do this with some of the dangerous territories areas) Have the drop high enough that jumping off would kill you though,

I think removing a character from the fight for 5-10 seconds is fairly powerful... you keep the fun of punting, without it being stupidly cheesy.

soulcoffin

Post#115 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:03 pm

G'Day RyanMakara,

I did not ask him that for that purpose. I merely wanted to understand roles of the team and since I am
new to RoR I thought it a good time to ask.

Thanks
SOULCOFFIN

Euan
Suspended

Post#116 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:06 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
Euan wrote:Yo can we get the exact same scenario for pugs only without a wall? Thanks.
Sadly, this isn't possible, as the EC scenario instancing for both 12v12 and 6v6 use the same base zone in which the wall would be placed, if we decided to place it.
Can we get the scenario for pug vs pug only, at least?
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

peterthepan3

Post#117 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Seems like unnecessary effort, imo. Doesn't negate from the fact that you would 100% NEED x/y tank in order to be competitive.

Euan - why not take that up in another thread?

Penril

Post#118 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Gobtar wrote:Oi Penril, Iz friendly, if you are up to it maybe we can 6v6 some time, I think it will be a good time <3

What did you guys think of my suggestion about having no walls...but treating getting kicked off as a "out of bounds" port and putting you back at spawn. (Live used to do this with some of the dangerous territories areas) Have the drop high enough that jumping off would kill you though,

I think removing a character from the fight for 5-10 seconds is fairly powerful... you keep the fun of punting, without it being stupidly cheesy.
Sure. We play tuesdays and fridays NA time, destro. Maybe we can set something up. As for your suggestion, i think it is a good middle ground and i can accept it.

@peter: BO and SM can do quite well there. I have seen several AoE punts get rid of 2-3 guys. You just need to setup the punt more than you would with the other tanks. Have a groupmate hug the rails on the edge and, when enemies chase him, punt them away. Or have someone use RD and act like bait. Not as effective as a BG superpunt, but immensely satisfying when you manage to punt 2-3.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#119 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:20 pm

No 6man worth their weight in salt will succumb to an AoE punt. The same, however, cannot be said for the superpunts which can be made to work from any angle on that map. But meh.

Penril

Post#120 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:26 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:No 6man worth their weight in salt will succumb to an AoE punt. The same, however, cannot be said for the superpunts which can be made to work from any angle on that map. But meh.
Idk, some get cocky and fall for simple tricks like that one :lol:

And you can always avoid getting punted if you hug the braziers or walls. In this case you can bring a SM/BO for all the other benefits they bring.