Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] The Tier 4 Sets

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Genisaurus
Former Staff

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] The Tier 4 Sets

Post#1 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:00 pm

I said I would release this information several days ago, but had not had the time to compile my data.

Here are the stats for the sets that will be available with the release of Tier 4.

You can see what the Mercenary sets will look like here, courtesy of Torque. You can see what the other sets look like with a cursory Google search.

This spreadsheet includes Ruin, a redesigned Annihilator, and the Mercenary set. Ruin has an item level of 37, and is available from PQ gold bags. It is intended to be a stepping stone between Devastator and Annihilator gear, which both have item levels of 40. Unlike Annihilator and Mercenary, Ruin has undergone virtually no changes, nor will it in the near future.

You may also notice that the 5-piece bonus on all sets have been changed from "+2 to Path of _____ abilities" to +1. This is because we are changing the way those bonuses work:
Genisaurus wrote:Previously, this bonus was applied to the "level" of all of the abilities in the affected tree. This would increase the tooltips of those abilities accordingly. For example, a level 40 Swordmaster, with 0 mastery points invested in the Path of Khaine mastery path would use Path of Khaine abilities with level 25 tooltips. If that Swordmaster equipped something that gave him, "+2 to all Path of Khaine abilities," he would use all Path of Khaine abilities with level 27 tooltips.

In many cases this is extremely lackluster, because bonus levels are always a "last-piece bonus," so they require a full set of gear to acquire. Moreover, the tooltip values scale differently for every ability. Some abilities might only gain 3 damage in two levels, some might gain 20. On average, this is about equal to maybe +40 melee/healing/ranged/magic power, and only for 1/3 of your abilities
Instead, these bonuses will give you a free mastery point in the indicated tree. This point is already spent by default, and is lost if you lose the set bonus (and any abilities you no longer qualify for without it will be lost). This is best demonstrated in the below video:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Let me answer some questions right away:

1. I want to wear X, but I don't want to spec in this tree. Can you just make the bonus a free mastery point instead?

No.

2. I like this bonus better than X/Y/Z on another set. Can you replace X on that set with a bonus mastery point?

No.

3. I don't want to have to wear 5-piece Annihilator for this, can you switch it with the 2/3/4-piece bonus?

No.

Ads
StormX2
Game Master

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] The Tier 4 Sets

Post#2 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:04 pm

<3

Lileldys

Post#3 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Is WL sets mixed up, Anni is defensive, and Merc is offensive?
Edit: And slayer.
Edit2: I figured it out, Anni is ORvR designed, Merc Sc designed
Last edited by Lileldys on Tue May 03, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vayra

Post#4 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Sweet bonuses, would've loved to see a bit more crit, but I'm happy :D

No changes to Bloodlord I assume since it's not mentioned?
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

bobthehero

Post#5 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Oh boy, I sure hope emblems become easier to get, because that mercenary set looks awfully tempting.

Where are the pictures of the sets, again?
Bobthehero: Level 40 Greatsword of the Blazing Sun RR43

Marsares

Post#6 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:16 pm

Lileldys wrote:Is WL sets mixed up, Anni is defensive, and Merc is offensive?
Edit: And slayer.
Was wondering the same. As it currently stands, for the WL you'll have to grind scenarios ad infinitum for the offensive set and the scenario weapon. Good thing I quite like scenarios, but it'll be an awful lot of them.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Vayra

Post#7 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Looks the same for Sorc, anni more def and merc offensive.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Lileldys

Post#8 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 pm

I figured it out, and edited my post.
Anni for ORvR, Merc for SCs

Ads
mistgun

Post#9 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Why is there no block in new ani sets for tanks? only in ruin sets, isnt ani suppose to be better? I would think block is best for a closer to end game def set rather then so much parry or crit reduction. Unless block works differently now then it did on live? Or is that being saved for end game sets down the line? just wondering. Either way good job with the sets!.
Last edited by mistgun on Tue May 03, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanii

Post#10 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Any particular reason for shamans and zealots still having intelligence on their healing sets ( and DoKs having their offensive stats fully converted to healing/def stats) ? At least converting is an option for runies and zealots but the other 2 have close to no benefit from it.

p.s. rly nice job on the +skill lvl in sets !
<Pxl> <Luewee> <Fhc> and many many more!
[Deep and Dry] - Order
[Dark Omen] - Destruction