Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] The Tier 4 Sets

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Toldavf

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] The Tier 4 Sets

Post#11 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Marauder sets have a few typos.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Post#12 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Genisaurus wrote:This spreadsheet includes Ruin, a redesigned Annihilator, and the Mercenary set. Ruin has an item level of 37, and is available from PQ gold bags. It is intended to be a stepping stone between Devastator and Annihilator gear, which both have item levels of 40. Unlike Annihilator and Mercenary, Ruin has undergone virtually no changes, nor will it in the near future.

Geni, you are awesome. That said, I just want to confirm what I am seeing.

Current Annihilator = LIVE set correct?

New Annihilator = What the Annihilator set will be come T4. So really the "Current" column means next to nothing except to serve as a "baseline" for those who wonder how its changed from live?

Mercenary gear will be the "SC" gear while Annihilator will be the "RVR" sets. I think I have that much straight.

Ruin will be from PQ Gold bags as an inbetween set. Will this let you pick which piece you get? Because if not, seems like not many people will get this set... let alone use it...

Are these set bonuses "set in stone"?

Thanks for all you do!
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#13 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Liledys had it right - the general split is not between offensive/defensive sets, but something suited for large-scale combat vs. small. I am not obligated to follow the same split pattern I did with Devastator/Duelist, and for those who disagree, I will kindly point you to the difference between Conq and Invader sets for the AM.
mistgun wrote:Why is there no block in new ani sets for tanks? only in ruin sets, isnt ani suppose to be better? I would think block is best for a closer to end game def set rather then so much parry or crit reduction. Unless block works differently now then it did on live? Or is that being saved for end game sets down the line? just wondering. Either way good job with the sets!.
For tanks, Ruin is the defensive set, Merc is the offensive set, and Anni is the mix. For Annihilator designs, I tried to stay closer to the original blend for some classes than I did with Devastator. As a hybrid set, block is wasted on 2H tanks that want to play defensively, whereas parry is not. Parry is also useful to S&B tanks that want to play offensively. Both apply to guard damage.
sanii wrote:Any particular reason for shamans and zealots still having intelligence on their healing sets ( and DoKs having their offensive stats fully converted to healing/def stats) ? At least converting is an option for runies and zealots but the other 2 have close to no benefit from it.

p.s. rly nice job on the +skill lvl in sets !
Designing around the terrible RP/ZE mechanic is a pain in the ass, and cloth healers in general already don't suffer from MAD. Getting rid of intelligence completely on their sets would result in them having absurdly high Willpower for the item level, and would create an obligation to continue the trend for Conqueror, Invader, and Warlord. As-is, they already get virtually the same Willpower from the new Annihilator and an untouched Conqueror set.
th3gatekeeper wrote:Current Annihilator = LIVE set correct?

New Annihilator = What the Annihilator set will be come T4. So really the "Current" column means next to nothing except to serve as a "baseline" for those who wonder how its changed from live?
Correct.
th3gatekeeper wrote:Will this let you pick which piece you get? Because if not, seems like not many people will get this set... let alone use it...
PQs will not let you pick the piece - it will be determined randomly. You will have to do a few to get the full set, just like live. If nobody uses them, then oh well - it'll be just like live.
th3gatekeeper wrote:Are these set bonuses "set in stone"?
95%. I will admit that my understanding of some classes is not as great as others, so I'm open to critique. But I'm also flat out ignoring demands to switch the focus for the sets, because people want to spec one way but don't want to play the associated game type - which will be a majority of the complaints, I know.

th3gatekeeper

Post#14 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Genisaurus wrote:Liledys had it right - the general split is not between offensive/defensive sets, but something suited for large-scale combat vs. small. I am not obligated to follow the same split pattern I did with Devastator/Duelist, and for those who disagree, I will kindly point you to the difference between Conq and Invader sets for the AM.

+ SNIPPED
Sweet! And I like the thought process, Kudos!

Oh! Thought of one last question (promise).

Will gloves/Boots drop in SCs/RvR? Or are we buying the FULL set :P
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#15 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:59 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:
Genisaurus wrote:Liledys had it right - the general split is not between offensive/defensive sets, but something suited for large-scale combat vs. small. I am not obligated to follow the same split pattern I did with Devastator/Duelist, and for those who disagree, I will kindly point you to the difference between Conq and Invader sets for the AM.

+ SNIPPED

Gloves and boots will continue to drop.

th3gatekeeper

Post#16 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote:

+ SNIPPED

Gloves and boots will continue to drop.
Ka-BOOM! AWEEEESOME!
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Toldavf

Post#17 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:07 pm

What level of currency will we be using officers?
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#18 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Hopefully PQs will get more interesting...
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Ads
Ktana

Post#19 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:13 pm

I have a question. Why you decided to leave in place corporeal resist set bonus for order classes (like Rune Priest, Warrior Priest) and not change it to spirit resist (like we have on devastator/duelist)?
DoK have elemental and Zealot have corporeal resist bonus on their t4 set which is usefull against BW. While corp resist almost useless on order side.

Desidus

Post#20 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:27 pm

Ktana wrote:I have a question. Why you decided to leave in place corporeal resist set bonus for order classes (like Rune Priest, Warrior Priest) and not change it to spirit resist (like we have on devastator/duelist)?
DoK have elemental and Zealot have corporeal resist bonus on their t4 set which is usefull against BW. While corp resist almost useless on order side.

Destro Bias Confirmed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: