Recent Topics

Ads

Is crafting broken?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nosirah

Is crafting broken?

Post#1 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:12 pm

I just started playing again and I got to the first town with crafting. The problem is that I think that their dialogue is broken and I can't craft anything. I know you're working on more important things such as PvP and stability, but crafting is a nice subtlety that I enjoyed. Let me know that status when you get the chance.

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Is crafting broken?

Post#2 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Crafting works well enough. You talk to the crafters to learn the skill, and then you use it from your abilities window or drag it into a hotbar. If you picked the wrong skill and need to change it, you type

/say .respec Gathering
or
/say .respec Crafting

Nosirah

Post#3 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:44 am

I right clicked on a Butcher and automatically learned the skill with no extra dialogue other than the introduction. I spoke to the other crafters and only got the introductory dialogue. I'll try resetting and see what happens. If it doesn't work, I'll include screenshots.

EDIT: Thank you btw for teaching me how to reset it :)

Mael

Post#4 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:30 am

There is no dialogue at present, you simply click and learn silently. It's the same from all the crafting trainers. You can check which crafting skills you have learnt in your "V" window...

Also, when opening up the Tali or Apo windows sometimes you need to open them twice to get it to actually show your leaned skill level. It often, in my experience anyway, opens up showing 0 skill level until I open it a second time.
Maelsorc 40/34 On sabbatical until sanity returns
Maelsmash 40/31 Ditto.