Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Smilingdeath

Re: [FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Post#111 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Make the oil damage everyone that it hits if you want realism.

Then again we are playing Warhammer after all, so no realism needed ):

Ads
iapetus

Post#112 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:19 pm

Luicetarro wrote:
iapetus wrote:You cannot expect to bathe in boiling oil while you knock on the keep doors; if you do, you deserve to be one-shotted. If you are thinking, "well that is the way it was on live..." well that is just more of that presumption to believe that the RoR developers are bound to how it was on live.
Not to fight with you about it, but you don't take a direct hit from a canon, only loosing 1/5 of your HP, happily walking away from that. Still that's the case as well. It's about balancing, not realism.

Oil should pressure the healer, pressure the front-team, but not one-shotting everyone near. If you expect only the ram-team to be at the door, you'll see the defender walking out of the front-door, while under the protection of the oil-AoE, destroying the operating-team, the ram and run back though the door, smiling.

That doesn't sound balanced to me, to be honest.

And Devs aim to be as close to live as possible, with balancing-tweaks. Stated like that in the balancing-forum.
Not at all; I love a spirited debate!
And I agree with you about the cannons. They should do more damage to players and oil, especially given the damage oil does and the inability of range to target the oil dumper on the outer gate. Look if/when they get deflection worked out, I think we are going to find this business oil one-shotting whole teams over with, and all you will be left with are the knuckleheads who either cannot watch their buff indicator or shouldn't be under there anyway(and I have been guilty of both these things).

If cannons produce enough damage and oil comes down faster with a 3min respawn(when it works), we might find there will not be sufficient time for defenders to push out, kill ram team, and kill ram, not with impunity; balance is not always achieved on the front end. And aiming to be as close to live as possible is not the same as being bound by it; moreover, live was an ever evolving animal just like RoR.
It's just a game folks; don't take it so seriously, really. After all, it's just Tom and Jerry bashing each other over the head with different various heavy objects. They're just cartoons. 8-)

sam6699

Post#113 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:27 am

Hello, my feedback :
I know it's not easy to adjust the life of door keek, ram, aud oil.

In fact, we realized yesterday evening (bug?) that the door of the castle destru of Praag was really too long has to kill. 1 hour for door 1, the ram took too much damage of oil and they did not hold that 1 minute. We have to put 20 rams and the door was only at 75%.
This way of playing, is not a rentertainment, not fun and is discouraging, :(
We left the fort and to continue to make roaming.

PLZ, make something for the doors, return us the pleasure of playing :) , and that we can make another thing that roaming.

greetings

Mael

Post#114 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:10 am

FYI. Anytime I log in now I hardly ever see any open groups in oRvR T4 now, and never taking keeps any more to test this out & provide feedback. However, I suspect you guys already know this.
Maelsorc 40/34 On sabbatical until sanity returns
Maelsmash 40/31 Ditto.

Tesq

Post#115 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:56 pm

it would be this way until the next patch,

Test stuff and fedback it patch by patch seems the way i gona handle t4 until it will be in better shelter.

navis

Post#116 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Feedback so far, I think I like the difficulty (of main doors) in keeps currently. I think a T4 keep should be a 3 warband job. This brings to mind the thought of the philosophy of Keeps, as well.
The option is either
1) balance the keep doors and overall difficulty so that 3 warband are required to take the keep in a reasonable allotment of time
2) make the difficulty scalable so that gameplay can still happen, for example, 1 party offense vs keep.

personally I like #1.

Dresden
Banned

Post#117 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:10 am

navis wrote:Feedback so far, I think I like the difficulty (of main doors) in keeps currently. I think a T4 keep should be a 3 warband job. This brings to mind the thought of the philosophy of Keeps, as well.
The option is either
1) balance the keep doors and overall difficulty so that 3 warband are required to take the keep in a reasonable allotment of time
2) make the difficulty scalable so that gameplay can still happen, for example, 1 party offense vs keep.

personally I like #1.
Navis do you WANT to get slapped?!
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Harddrive

Post#118 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:16 am

1. Siege weapons could stand to see their damage doubled. Keep sieges take too long as is. I would like to see siege weapons do far more damage. I think if players go up against the door without siege they deserve to have a long wait, but even with a ram and cannons it still takes too long.

2. Oil needs to be toned down. It should do a lot of damage, but it should not one shot people. When you are hitting the door there is virtually nothing you can do to get out of the way in time when oil is poored the first time and that is just too much. Lower oil damage by 50%.

3. Either allow BO's to give xp and rr again or buff RR and XP from keeps. Personally, i hate that BO's give you nothing now and would love to see their gains restored. If you are absolutely opposed to this, then double the XP and RR you recieve when you flip a keep. It just feels lackluster to me now. We get nothing flipping all the BOs in the area, spend 30+ minutes on the keep and then get 1200 RR and 20k xp for it....It is hardly worth it.

Ads
Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#119 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:17 pm

1. Siege weapons could stand to see their damage doubled. Keep sieges take too long as is. I would like to see siege weapons do far more damage. I think if players go up against the door without siege they deserve to have a long wait, but even with a ram and cannons it still takes too long.
Maybe Ram slightly higher damage yeah.
2. Oil needs to be toned down. It should do a lot of damage, but it should not one shot people. When you are hitting the door there is virtually nothing you can do to get out of the way in time when oil is poored the first time and that is just too much. Lower oil damage by 50%.
Totally agree with that.Cutting it down to 50% is the best solution.So it would take 2 shots from oil or when you get hit by oil = -50% health + tick(-25% health overtime) but no Instant-kill
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Gerv
Banned

Post#120 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Totally agree with that.Cutting it down to 50% is the best solution.So it would take 2 shots from oil or when you get hit by oil = -50% health + tick(-25% health overtime) but no Instant-kill

I completely disagree, with a 50% cut, in t4, 4.5k damage every few (not exactly sure on the cool-down on pouring the oil) is not a large volume for healers to restore. At 50% damage all it would be is a simple delay, 75% of current damage, that is something I can get behind.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.