Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Genisaurus
Former Staff

[FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Post#1 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 am

With the last patch, we made several changes to the health of doors at a keep, the damage that rams deal, and the health of all siege weapons. Accordingly, I would like to collect some feedback from the community regarding these changes.

Please share your experiences with keep sieges, and try to cover the following points:

1. Did the doors take too long to destroy? Were they too easy?
2. Did you find using cannons on the door to be a solid strategy, particularly for MDPS or tanks who can't fit on the ram?
3. Did you find that cannons were too hard to destroy? Too easy?
4. Does the 3min cooldown on deploying an oil or ram seem like too long? too short?
5. As a defender, do you feel like recapturing BOs adds enough regeneration to be an effective strategy?
6. Do you feel like you had enough time to reach a besieged keep to defend it?

Please try to refrain from complaining about the following known issues:
- Keep Siege vendors are not at every keep for every faction, and do not respawn correctly
- Keep guards will pull through walls.
- AoE cannons (and perhaps Direct Damage cannons) deal lower damage than ideal.

Ads
imhappy

Re: [FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Post#2 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:12 am

My opinions

1. By far to long, and not to easy at ALL due to the Oil nuking half a wb instantly. (with heals in all partys)
2. Not sure but i put up a cannon and it seemed not really to work on the door (no numbers shown) also i did not chec logg. (so i might be a fool)
3. diddet hit one.
4. I found the 3min CD to be very smooth (lets us know when to move back after a oil drops) if we are smart.
5. as a attacker i bearly noticed that they capped stuff (and they did)
6. not many order showed up (not the highest populated hour)

Personal note : add more bags, if a keep takes this long meaning most people will not even be able to join in on a full keep take when server is packed (unless zerging happens) if both sides are fightin for the def/atk a keep will most likley take up to two hours (that is with proper BO capping)

Feedback from Centurio

Avoceti

Post#3 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:09 am

Either the seige weps aren't putting out enough damage or the doors are too strong , far too long to take a door down .
The oil is too strong it one shots tanks .
The cooldowns seem fine .
Cannons help but don't know what damage they are doing .
Takes about an hour to take a keep so plenty of time for anyone to defend .

Gachimuchi

Post#4 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:21 am

A ram by itself can't out-damage the regen provided by 1 BO.

Rams on live atleast used to take 1% of the door per swing, if not 2%. They're incredibly weak at the moment.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

markoko

Post#5 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:48 am

Two days ago in T3 (yes, there is life in T3!), we took Talabecland keep without Ram (Ram doesnt work on this keep). There was a hard assault from order with oil on us, replacing the oil over and over after the 3min countdown. At first, everyone in front of the door (lets say 10 people) died. Then, we became more carefull. At the end, we where able to manage the oil quite well even if it hurts hard! So I would personnaly keep the oil as it is now. Its costy, and therefore it needs to be powerfull.

Also, the fact that oil is so powerfull makes us communicate more. Tanks must pay attention to the chat, healers and distant must have an eye on the oil and talk.
The biggest weakness of WAR Live was the lack of communication, so lets do all we can to avoid this.

Rams are not working on Talabecland keep, it says "too far from door" or "ram is already in place" (or something similar, I don't remember the exact wording).

To me, the biggest problem are the rewards. If you concentrate and fight at a keep for 1h and more, if there is no more XP's when taking BO's, then you need a good reward at the end. Today, Bags are bugged, and reward is not as good as defending a keep. Also you kill less people when attacking than defending, again, less rewarding.

Oh, and thank's for asking! :) Thank's for the patch, and thank's for the amazing work you're doing.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:45 am

markoko wrote:Two days ago in T3 (yes, there is life in T3!), we took Talabecland keep without Ram (Ram doesnt work on this keep).
Rams are not working on Talabecland keep, it says "too far from door" or "ram is already in place" (or something similar, I don't remember the exact wording).
Can you still not place rams at the keep right now? This is a feedback thread for the latest patch, don't confuse us by brining up bugs that were fixed in it :lol:

NectaneboII
Banned

Post#7 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:27 am

Yesterday , before patch , deployed 5 cannons on outer , ( not sure if cannons work in inner doors )
and a ram on inner . 18 people mostly tanks and a few dps , managed to get the outer to , roughly , 65 % in a span of 15 mins or so , deploying cannons is the original way sieges were fought and yes it works . Oil is dealing to much damage and to my understanding it is a very unbalanced siege feature . The time that is required for capture is fine , it provides ample time for all that wish to be involved , to march towards keeps , sieges , bos , etc .Rams deal good damage to Doors .
Overall , the sieges seem to be working , same can not be said about the rewards for participating in them , saldy

Tesq

Post#8 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:36 am

1-door regen
i wanna be clear it's bad for the siege; just a moment of diverted attention and you can loose a huge ammount of time if not have all the door refilled.
My suggestion would be remove regen but keep hp door as high as you can, i am really aginst the door regen unless keep is out of combat

2-ram
rams doing too low damages as someone said but they need to be balanced with regen
-ram damage over time must= all flag regen on door at least so that only player attacks pass out and time to get keep get crazy (and not impossosible always give the choise).
-if you will choose to remove regen ram need to do lower damage as it's now and i would go for this one

3-oil
you need to make it block able dodgeable but still doing raw damages

4-flags
for attack the keep with this system is rather difficult when you enter in the last enemy zone, cos due the locking system in the same moment you loose all flag zone lock and having you no keep you can only stay flag by flag trying to capture all it would rather help if capped flag stay that way at the begginning or the the regen would be changed to not be influenced by flag you own so that you jsut requrie 2-3 flag to atk keep rather than have a double condition which make last zone attack impossible.

5-siege weapons npc

move them in warcamp as pre 1.4.0, the npc inside keep was only to buy wood o repair door
Last edited by Tesq on Fri May 20, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
maddox911

Post#9 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:00 pm

I would say ram needs a bit more HP as well as some damage buff, currently oil kinda oneshots it, on live you could have tanks tanking the oil and repairing the ram constantly and back then the door was getting spammed by way stronger aoe abilities than we have here.

Sieging is really discouraging, especialy for meele if oil does this much damage. You also shouldnt just lose ram to single shot, it should take defenders to push out to destroy it imo.

Shadowgurke

Post#10 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:09 pm

the oil seemed fine. Once Oil absorption ability gets implemented it should be even less of an issue. My tank did not get oneshot although I did some significant damage. But after 3 times (in a random WB, mind you) people called out Oil being deployed, tanks rushed back and rdps destroeyed the oil.