Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
iapetus

Re: [FEEDBACK] On The Times Involved in Keep Sieges

Post#101 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:05 am

1. Did the doors take too long to destroy? Were they too easy?

Doors now come down in good order; not too fast, not too hard.(respawn bug with oil and ram tend to draw things out but you'll work that out, confidence is high)

2. Did you find using cannons on the door to be a solid strategy, particularly for MDPS or tanks who can't fit on the ram?

If one can afford it. Cannons are expensive, as they should be. Loosening the purse strings on the economy should, over time, alleviate the hit to the pocket book players are currently taking to aquire them.

3. Did you find that cannons were too hard to destroy? Too easy?

If at first you don't succeed, more force may be required; I think I heard/read that somewhere before. Cannons go down fine.

4. Does the 3min cooldown on deploying an oil or ram seem like too long? too short?

N/A: was bugged.

NOTE: playing from SW. NA. I notice the oil tends to drop on players before, or at the same time, as it appears; I like to think that it's just because of where im playing from. Perhaps a short cast time on oil deployment might allow outliers like myself to catch up?

5. As a defender, do you feel like recapturing BOs adds enough regeneration to be an effective strategy?

See previous response on this. The answer hasn't changed.

6. Do you feel like you had enough time to reach a besieged keep to defend it?

Straight and simple. Yes.

A final note on oil: I've read a number of posts complaining that oil damage is too high; respectfully, I must disagree. Oil damage is fine; indeed, it could be a little higher. What we as players are lacking, are the tools to manage oil damage. Rams should provide some oil protection to players operating it; in addition, tanks could use an oil deflection buff, something like this:

Oil Deflection: 5% reduced damage from oil, affects up to 6 players within 5ft (non-stackable)

Oil Deflection: 2% reduced damage from oil, affects up to 6 players within 5ft(stackable x4 Max)

The effect can be random(provided affected player is not already buffed) or restricted to the tanks party; also, this buff might go well as a proc on a weapon or armor piece/set.
It's just a game folks; don't take it so seriously, really. After all, it's just Tom and Jerry bashing each other over the head with different various heavy objects. They're just cartoons. 8-)

Ads
Tesq

Post#102 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:13 am

iapetus wrote:
Oil Deflection: 5% reduced damage from oil, affects up to 6 players within 5ft (non-stackable)

Oil Deflection: 2% reduced damage from oil, affects up to 6 players within 5ft(stackable x4 Max)

The effect can be random(provided affected player is not already buffed) or restricted to the tanks party; also, this buff might go well as a proc on a weapon or armor piece/set.

ye let's reduced oil damage by 5% so instead being oneshoot bad we get oneshoot nicely....

do you even do some math? 3k x tick -5%

3000/100x95= 2850x tick

3/4 tick = 8550/11.400 (they hit 9x ppl......)

oil damages need to not be raw /or be proportionally / or be reduced + stop being a dot.

Scrilian

Post#103 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Did another keep siege test. Oil and ram now don't reset after killed, filed report. That being sad keeps are still nearly impossible to take because pugs are very discouraged to siege and only appear to leach super easy defense bags.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

iapetus

Post#104 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Tesq wrote:
iapetus wrote:

ye let's reduced oil damage by 5% so instead being oneshoot bad we get oneshoot nicely....

do you even do some math? 3k x tick -5%

3000/100x95= 2850x tick

3/4 tick = 8550/11.400 (they hit 9x ppl......)

oil damages need to not be raw /or be proportionally / or be reduced + stop being a dot.

[facepalm]

Dude, CALM DOWN! It is an example, you silly goose; the numbers are only there to indicate that one buff is of higher value than the other. I could have just as easily gone with X and Y, but then I would have had to explain that X is greater than Y because Y is on a stackable buff and X is not. I will leave it at that and forego the snarky comment about your primary language and reading skills.
It's just a game folks; don't take it so seriously, really. After all, it's just Tom and Jerry bashing each other over the head with different various heavy objects. They're just cartoons. 8-)

Tesq

Post#105 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:38 pm

iapetus wrote:A final note on oil: I've read a number of posts complaining that oil damage is too high; respectfully, I must disagree. Oil damage is fine; indeed, it could be a little higher. What we as players are lacking, are the tools to manage oil damage. Rams should provide some oil protection to players operating it; in addition, tanks could use an oil deflection buff, something like this:

iapetus wrote: Dude, CALM DOWN! It is an example, you silly goose; the numbers are only there to indicate that one buff is of higher value than the other. I could have just as easily gone with X and Y, but then I would have had to explain that X is greater than Y because Y is on a stackable buff and X is not. I will leave it at that and forego the snarky comment about your primary language and reading skills.
no you said:
1 oil damages are fine
2- they could even need to be increased (litteray you said they could be higer i read it in this way sy)
3- we just lack tools to reduce those damages

and then made a bad feedback wihout tell about how may damages get taken ( 9k-12k for info) why they are fine(they aren't) and how they get done (they are like a dot now 3-4 sec).
Moreover you just throw some random % for damage reduction with out even tell why they are fine ( dont use the card of the exemple, exemple mean the final behaviour should be around what you wrote not totally different and for what i show you an around 5% damage reduction it still not enough and wont change nothing to oil damages also considering that it's a dot and you get fully all those ticks which mean your healers need to heal ya around 10k+ in 4 sec and again in other 4 sec after oil reload for other 4 sec in this way until oil get down with out any break or rec.

Smilingdeath

Post#106 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Perhaps make a change that the outer oil is destroyed once the outer door is destroyed and will not reappear until the outer door is back up.

navis

Post#107 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:03 pm

iapetus wrote: A final note on oil: I've read a number of posts complaining that oil damage is too high; respectfully, I must disagree. Oil damage is fine; indeed, it could be a little higher. What we as players are lacking, are the tools to manage oil damage. Rams should provide some oil protection to players operating it; in addition, tanks could use an oil deflection buff, something like this:
I think that corporeal is meant to mitigate Oil damage.

iapetus

Post#108 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:58 pm

Tesq,

You, I think, presume too much. I am presenting a concept, not a fleshed out skill/ability/spell whatever you want to call it. I do not presume to know the numbers on damage better than the developers do; therefore, they really have no place in the presentation except as an indication of percentage value based on effect stackability. Nor, do I presume to tell the developers how that damage should be applied; indeed, those details are and should be their(the developers) sole province and I would certainly expect to see much different numbers on actual(as opposed to conceptual) implementation.

You cannot expect to bathe in boiling oil while you knock on the keep doors; if you do, you deserve to be one-shotted. If you are thinking, "well that is the way it was on live..." well that is just more of that presumption to believe that the RoR developers are bound to how it was on live.

Finally, you appear to presume that the post in question was meant for/written to you. I assure you, it was not; however, as you are permitted and even encouraged to post freely, thank you for your opinion, and support!

Ads
iapetus

Post#109 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:15 pm

navis wrote:
iapetus wrote: A final note on oil: I've read a number of posts complaining that oil damage is too high; respectfully, I must disagree. Oil damage is fine; indeed, it could be a little higher. What we as players are lacking, are the tools to manage oil damage. Rams should provide some oil protection to players operating it; in addition, tanks could use an oil deflection buff, something like this:
I think that corporeal is meant to mitigate Oil damage.
Even if it does, I don't think one could ever get the resist high enough for effective oil protection, though.

Luicetarro

Post#110 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:20 pm

iapetus wrote:You cannot expect to bathe in boiling oil while you knock on the keep doors; if you do, you deserve to be one-shotted. If you are thinking, "well that is the way it was on live..." well that is just more of that presumption to believe that the RoR developers are bound to how it was on live.
Not to fight with you about it, but you don't take a direct hit from a canon, only loosing 1/5 of your HP, happily walking away from that. Still that's the case as well. It's about balancing, not realism.

Oil should pressure the healer, pressure the front-team, but not one-shotting everyone near. If you expect only the ram-team to be at the door, you'll see the defender walking out of the front-door, while under the protection of the oil-AoE, destroying the operating-team, the ram and run back though the door, smiling.

That doesn't sound balanced to me, to be honest.

And Devs aim to be as close to live as possible, with balancing-tweaks. Stated like that in the balancing-forum.