Recent Topics

Ads

Five reasons why empty BOs giving rewards is better for ORvR

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dalgrimar

Re: Five reasons why empty BOs giving rewards is better for

Post#11 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:It's crazy. We had a system that rewarded BO participation a month ago. We had that system for YEARS. And It sucked. And it did not promote fighting. And entire zergs just camped empty BOs for the rewards. Do you not remember that? Do you think everything is going to change just because?
This system does encourage fighting tho?
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ads
Dalgrimar

Post#12 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:16 pm

Abolition wrote:
Dalgrimar wrote:
Dont understand why the devs dont just use the RvR system of last 2 years of Age of Reckoning.
Because the resource carrier system was **** horrid.
I never really did pve or whatever in RvR so cant remember.
All i remember is that RvR allways was active and currently in RoR it isnt.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:21 pm

bloodi wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:i miss when scens would contribute to the campaign :(
Yeah it was great back then when to lock a zone you had to win scenarios and the other faction just didnt join them at all and you got no scenarios and no zone lock.

Fun times.
good groups did queue to prevent people from winning certain scenarios, actually :))

Shadowgurke

Post#14 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Dalgrimar wrote: This system does encourage fighting tho?
Does it? It encourages taking BOs. Empty BOs. So people will just tap all 4 BOs and switch zones and we are back to zone trading.

Grobbok

Post#15 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:
Does it? It encourages taking BOs. Empty BOs. So people will just tap all 4 BOs and switch zones and we are back to zone trading.
you can always go there and try to stop em from taking BOs
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Shadowgurke

Post#16 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Grobbok wrote: you can always go there and try to stop em from taking BOs
Because that worked so well in the first iteration of the RvR system :|

How are you going to stop 2 order WBs tapping BOs in Praag when 2 Destro WBs are busy taking them in Eataine?

redzus

Post#17 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:10 pm

I jsut want to drop one thing in here why i Think there should not be any reward for BO's.

On Live we had the situation that people started circle raiding, with 2 warbands + each side avoiding any combat but run in circles tapping BO's.

Which is why i love this mechanic atm with no reward.

As you can see in the actually up to date Patch notes People will be rewarded if they defend a Bo against a attack and kill certain people, to protect it.

Personal i believe its better to have organized people defend a place for a reward while a keep gets assaulted, instead of a circle raid.

JoeMamAz

Post#18 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:17 pm

I prefer the old system, as much as people say it "didn't encourage fighting" I saw a hell of a lot more fighting than I do now.

Ads
Druin
Former Staff

Post#19 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:29 pm

The rewards for taking empty BOs were removed for now because it just led to more and more semi-afk players following the zerg to leech free exp/ rr/ inf.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Azarael

Post#20 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:33 pm

This is what I'd like to call the pioneer problem. You need an incentive to get into the lakes to fight. The problem with giving BO rewards is that this doesn't incentivize people to fight, it incentivizes them to farm BOs for free stuff. This is not something we would like to see.

The challenge set before you all, and I freely admit that this isn't something we fully resolved in the next RvR system, is to come up with incentives or penalties, of any kind, which encourage players to enter the RvR zone - either of their own accord, or in response to another realm's attack. It goes without saying that this would be trivially simple to do with ideal conditions (one account per player, realm lock) in that you would first set an active threshold for zones (number of players present on one side before BOs would give rewards), prevent players from activating another zone barring exceptional circumstances of population, and then punish players with low to no RvR participation relative to total playtime if a zone was lost, thus allowing full rewards for any take provided enough players were actually available and refusing combat to fight, pity rewards for losing, and preventing the enemy from simply deciding to take another zone's BOs.

That is a punishment based element, however. What I'm mainly interested in is valid gameplay design for RvR lakes which handles lower population and encourages more players to join, and I wish anyone seriously considering this good luck when this system cannot be purely reward-based given that R40/RR40 players with full Annihilator will have no need of rewards.