Recent Topics

Ads

Grudge and Hate

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nico1618

Grudge and Hate

Post#1 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:23 am

Hello,

by comparing the Ironbreaker and Blackguard classes (they seem to be the mirror-class of each other) i have seen, that they have a strong (in my opinion) difference in their mechanic.

Both classes use grudge/hate for their abilities, by consuming it or by profiting from a high level; this they do in the same amount (so it seems to me while playing both).
Regarding their abilities and tactics, there are differences, but i think its now not the time for such balancing on the level of abilities and tactics. More or less they seems equal in there (while i think Blackguards are a little better because of self-healing, but thats just my opinion).

Whats imo is a hard difference is the mechanic of generating grude/hate:
1. BG and IB generate grudge/hate by being hit (not exactly in the same way, but imo in an equal way).
2. Both generate g/h, when their companion is being hit.
3. BG generate hate, when they hit an enemy. IB do this only, if they sacrafice a tactic-slot.

So my question is: Is there a good reason for this difference under point 3?
I think, the class-mechanics should be equal, because the whole class-balance bases on the fundamental class-mechanic. Because of Point 3 i think, that this is not only a difference between the two classes, but a relation of advantage and disadvantage.
So i think, the basic mechanic of BG and IB should be equalized, if there is no good reason for this difference. I can´t see a good reason, so the question is: Do you know a good reason for upholding this difference?

Thank you for staying friendly while answering :)
And excuse my language-misstakes (i fear my english sounds quite german...).

Ads
murmelon

Re: Grudge and Hate

Post#2 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:43 am

Are you kidding?
Look here -http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=ib; and find skills with "IMPROVES WITH GRUDGE"

kok

Post#3 » Tue May 31, 2016 6:44 am

Cause they are not exactly a "mirror" class
BG skill cost more hate
BG damage don't scale with hate like IB
BG lack IB's access to CC
And etc etc etc
If you wanted everything to be equal, maybe you should balance these as well.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

Azarael

Post#4 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:19 am

Balance topic outside of the balance forum and a poor one at that, which takes the mechanics in isolation without regard to the rest of the classes.

Wait until the balance forum opens for general usage.