Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Career Builder

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Turino

Re: RoR Career Builder

Post#81 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:16 pm

I'll probably give the career builder a bit of love over the next week or two in terms of UI. I've got a bit of a todo list from previous requests but please shout if you have any suggestions.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#82 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:04 am

Turino wrote:Long overdue skills update complete!

Apologies for the delay with this one. I've traced all the Careers updates since January (via patch notes) and tried my best to update as accurately as I can but there are bound to be one or two mistakes (and omissions!). Please let me know if this is the case.

If someone could give me the details of the new BG ability "Get Down!" that would be awesome. I'll need all the usual jazz e.g. cooldown, AP cost, incant time, base damage, description. And a new icon if there is one (using the deprecated Blades of Ruin for now).

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit out of touch with the game from a personal pov. Not been doing any gaming at all for last 6-12 months unfortunately.

Cheers, T.
20AP 20s CD for a 3s KD on your target and damages a 30' AOE up to 8 targets.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Teefz

Post#83 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:55 am

Turino wrote:I'll probably give the career builder a bit of love over the next week or two in terms of UI. I've got a bit of a todo list from previous requests but please shout if you have any suggestions.
I don't know if someone mentioned it already, but quality of life change for me would be enabling the possibility to put points in the path's without having to click however many times is needed for that ability/tactic - Much like the old war builder. Makes for a overall faster and smoother experience in my mind. Also, do you have any plans to add your own version of the renown builder?

Once again thank you for your continued work Turino and thank you for the recent update, much appreciated :!:

Rydiak

Post#84 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:03 am

Turino wrote:Long overdue skills update complete!

Apologies for the delay with this one. I've traced all the Careers updates since January (via patch notes) and tried my best to update as accurately as I can but there are bound to be one or two mistakes (and omissions!). Please let me know if this is the case.
Warrior Priest:

Sigmar's Shield is now a drain of 15 Righteous Fury per second, instead of 20 Righteous Fury per hit.

Intimidating Repent has replaced Hastened Divinity in the Wrath tree.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Turino

Post#85 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:54 pm

Teefz wrote:
I don't know if someone mentioned it already, but quality of life change for me would be enabling the possibility to put points in the path's without having to click however many times is needed for that ability/tactic - Much like the old war builder. Makes for a overall faster and smoother experience in my mind. Also, do you have any plans to add your own version of the renown builder?

Once again thank you for your continued work Turino and thank you for the recent update, much appreciated :!:
You're very welcome. I'll make that update the first on my list, as you're not the first person to request it.

I considered making a Renown Builder but got side-tracked with a different project. I may come back to it.

I've made those updates to Get Down! and the missing WP updates. Thanks for the info guys.

Turino

Post#86 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:31 am

Ok, so I made a couple of UI updates to the career builder:

1) It's now possible to click on the Mastery tree and Mastery abilities to select them - rather than having to use the plus and minus buttons.

2) I've added some sane ordering to the career sidebar listing.

I've tested these latest updates as much as I can but I've not been super rigorous. There may be bugs, so please do give me a heads up if that is the case and I'll fix asap.

I'm gonna make some changes to the inner workings of the builder over the next week or two to bring it up to date with latest tech. As always, please do shout if you have any ideas of how the builder could be improved and I'll add them to the list.

Cheers, T.

Turino

Post#87 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Another update!

These are like London buses. Amirite? :D

So I’ve tried to update all skills and careers as best as I can for the latest patch notes. Please do shout if I’ve not got the descriptions quite right (as I’m kinda doing this blind so to speak - not playing the game as such atm).

This latest update involved adding some tooltips to the career path names for White Lion.

I think there is a typo with the Witch Elf skills updates in the patch notes so I’ve omitted them for now (both updates are for the same ability - which doesn’t sound right). Also, if I could get confirmation that these skill updates replace the existing skills or are in addition to the current skills that would be awesome.

Cheers, T.

dansari

Post#88 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Both updates were applied to SS for WE
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Turino

Post#89 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:28 pm

dansari wrote:Both updates were applied to SS for WE
Thanks. Are they in addition to or replace the existing ability (below)?

Code: Select all

Target must be facing away from you
Frenzy - Requires Blood Lust
Costs 20% fewer action points per Blood Lust spent

You offer up your target as a sacrifice, stabbing them twice and healing yourself for all damage that you dealt.
 1 Blood Lust: A damage per hit.
 2 Blood Lust: B damage per hit.
 3 Blood Lust: C damage per hit.
 4 Blood Lust: D damage per hit.
 5 Blood Lust: E damage per hit.

dansari

Post#90 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:53 pm

Turino wrote:
dansari wrote:Both updates were applied to SS for WE
Thanks. Are they in addition to or replace the existing ability (below)?

Code: Select all

Target must be facing away from you
Frenzy - Requires Blood Lust
Costs 20% fewer action points per Blood Lust spent

You offer up your target as a sacrifice, stabbing them twice and healing yourself for all damage that you dealt.
 1 Blood Lust: A damage per hit.
 2 Blood Lust: B damage per hit.
 3 Blood Lust: C damage per hit.
 4 Blood Lust: D damage per hit.
 5 Blood Lust: E damage per hit.
Ah you're talkin to the wrong guy -- I have no idea :D just wanted to confirm that it wasn't a typo.
<Salt Factory>