Recent Topics

Ads

chosen kotbs aura idea

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nalgol
Developer

chosen kotbs aura idea

Post#1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32 pm

what if we change auras that you can have 3 auras perma activated ?

we wouldn't need twister anymore means less ability spam + less target finding
every chosen kotbs used twister anyway

Ads
Azarael

Re: chosen kotbs aura idea

Post#2 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Personally I don't see a problem with it. Making a silly mechanic like aura twisting just for the sake of making more buttons to press (an action which can easily be automated) was stupid.

Azarael

Post#3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Woatan wrote:But a resonable change that's neither a buff or nerf is fair game imo
Always remember that, as a friend of mine put it, this game died because of its problems. I've only ever seen three motives behind an ultra-conservative viewpoint when discussing failed projects. The first is inbuilt resistance to change. The second is that the conservative party benefits from the flaws and feels that they stand to lose from change. The third is that the time is not yet right for change.

When you talk about a change being acceptable because it's "neither a buff or a nerf", it troubles me. The game is unbalanced and a factor in its demise was poor class balance. I'm very wary of anyone attempting to drop roadblocks to any future class balance attempts that may or may not be made on RoR on a flimsy basis.

Azarael

Post#4 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:00 am

Woatan wrote:I simply like the game to be kept original.
This is what I fear more than anything. That people will drop one-liner statements like this and they'll be considered equal to actual arguments for buffs/nerfs to balance the game, should we ever reach that point. That statement could be summed up with: So what?

I should clarify that I don't want to see a totally transformed WAR: I want to see the original vision, but balanced. If that means classes have to change somewhat to accomplish that goal, that's fine with me, if it means I can see every class and tree become viable. Why on earth should "keeping the game original" matter in comparison to that goal?

Tesq

Post#5 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:11 am

no i also suggest if auras get permanent you cannot switch aura in combat, cos if you got KD you cannot switch and well mean lost 1-2 aura in term of switch time if that happen at the right moment, so is actualy a buff for both furthermore can be able to actualy switch to 6 aura is just too for chosen/kobs i think, making have permanent and not able to switch in combat mean less all solution build while remove the meccanic "drop" when KD, also as you said less spam eff in game so server performance should gain it.
Also twister if pressed too much got bug sometimes and lost 1 aura otw. So in the end would be for the best
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Post#6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:12 am

Tesq, it would be possible for them to deactivate the effect of auras when under KD CC, and the limit would still be 3 auras.

Tesq

Post#7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:13 am

i see as to beeing to much be able to possible have 6 aura ....... they are too much options even if max aura that can be active are only 3.
It would mean switch to more off conf when push and then just switch to a def conf when get pushed.
tank should have a definite role as all other classes not able to switch in in battle
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Post#8 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:16 am

What if all auras were on a 4.5s global CD, so switching your set wouldn't be instant?

Ads
Bullen1995

Post#9 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 am

First of all make sure that the auras give you the stats and not just numbers as it Dose now, same goes for the Decmator Set it gives you the numbers but not the damage. On my sorcerer 2 pieces of gale-Runner dose more damage with less intelligence becuase its stats on the Gear piece thats 15 int with gale While Decmator only supports int on chest and not on feet its still 22 int with the setbonus means u only Have 8 int while using Decmator the setbonus dont work its not that much of a damage difference but its worth to mention. Its the same thing with auras for chosen.

i like this ide tho :D

Tesq

Post#10 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:17 am

It's aredy in that way and i saw abuse in past, but is just a suggestion, if you fell that game have no need of it go head no problem :)