Recent Topics

Ads

chosen kotbs aura idea

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Telen
Suspended

Re: chosen kotbs aura idea

Post#61 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Azarael wrote:I already addressed the "people will stop playing if they're nerfed" argument, and I don't advocate doing anything with the game balance until we reach the endgame anyway (PTS changes excepted). If at that point we have a greater population, the balance should be addressed.

Nobody's entitled to the nostalgia of being OP. They're entitled to enjoy the game, just as those of us who want to play certain UP classes are entitled to enjoy the game by being viable. -_-
I spent over a year of real time on an up class. I just want the AM exactly as it was. I cared years ago but now I just want the exact same AM no changes. I want to remember the first time I saw the Bloodthirster at the top of Bastion Stair and thought ohhh shittttt. Exploiting the wall in Lost Vale so we didn't have to do the run timing. Our alliance guilds planting flags outside the doors of a keep the zerg just took and see which guild lasted longest when they swarmed out. These things are likely to never happen again. I've got other mmos for balanced pvp now. I will come to RoR for the nostalgia of the exact same AM. I think a lot will be here for that same reason.

Ads
Azarael

Post#62 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 pm

So the game being kept exactly how it was would please you.

Please enlighten me as to the following:
  • - Why I or anyone else should care about your sentimentality and what concrete advantages indulging that sentimentality brings to the table
  • - Why breaking your nostalgia will cause you to quit, and why this is a big problem given your existing admission that you're invested in multiple commercial MMOs - I know from experience that "nostalgia" complainers do not quit on changes
  • - Why pleasing you and anyone else who thinks like that will result in a better experience on Return of Reckoning than fixing the classes to objectively improve the quality of PvP, and how pleasing you will do anything to alleviate the inevitable frustration of game balance issues rearing their head again
  • - Why your sentimentality is worth more than my right to pick any class and enjoy it on a even footing (or indeed worth more than even the most tiny improvement the RoR devs could make to WAR)
My congratulations on having had enjoyable experiences in the broken state of WAR, but the opportunity exists to make even better experiences for everyone by going forward, instead of languishing in the past and pleasing only a few. Kindly don't stand in the way.

stz01

Post#63 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:36 pm

@ Nalgol
which sense does a knight make then still? Nothing!!

You can delete the knight from the Play, that would be the logical konsequens

it should come in such a way, I would not play kotbs no more..

sorry speak bad english

Bozzax

Post#64 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:45 pm

stz01 wrote:@ Nalgol ...
I think you misunderstood Nalgols question
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

TemplarvanVoytz

Post#65 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Twister and Bellow Commands! gave me infinite AP.

I guess since its been nearly a year now I'll let the cat out of the bag.

Anyway the Chosen could use a bit of a buffing to be less terrible compared to the perfection that is the Knight.

Telen
Suspended

Post#66 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Azarael wrote:My congratulations on having had enjoyable experiences in the broken state of WAR, but the opportunity exists to make even better experiences for everyone by going forward, instead of languishing in the past and pleasing only a few. Kindly don't stand in the way.
Az I've played on many private servers of old games. None except for the paid vanilla wow one that had a team and funding get near the state of the proper game. People will not be playing this game except for nostalgia. If they were playing for actual gameplay they wouldn't be on an emulated server. Theres usually 30 players on and even in a couple of years when it might have playable campaign there will be many new mmos including wars spiritual successor CU. People ain't going to care about balance they just want to remember the old game. Emu servers aren't to get the old game back. They never get to the stage or get enough players for that. They just let a few die hards remember the game and world.

Tesq

Post#67 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:03 pm

a p2p play game that is free and not p2w liek war and i mean WAR it will never loose ppl, once fixed, even if CU will exit, i will probably play both , since war is free and i just can jumo inside when i want, plus there are so many ppl that played war over these years and there was like 48 servers.
i think when this project will reach t3 it will be full of ppl, a free game that have the pvp quality of a p2p game could have the potential the get a lot of attentions

Telen
Suspended

Post#68 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Tesq wrote:a p2p play game that is free and not p2w liek war and i mean WAR it will never loose ppl, once fixed, even if CU will exit, i will probably play both , since war is free and i just can jumo inside when i want, plus there are so many ppl that played war over these years and there was like 48 servers.
i think when this project will reach t3 it will be full of ppl, a free game that have the pvp quality of a p2p game could have the potential the get a lot of attentions
Were a few years away from that stage. It will be hard to get attention for a game that has been closed that long.

Ads
Azarael

Post#69 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Telen wrote:Az I've played on many private servers of old games. None except for the paid vanilla wow one that had a team and funding get near the state of the proper game. People will not be playing this game except for nostalgia. If they were playing for actual gameplay they wouldn't be on an emulated server. Theres usually 30 players on and even in a couple of years when it might have playable campaign there will be many new mmos including wars spiritual successor CU. People ain't going to care about balance they just want to remember the old game. Emu servers aren't to get the old game back. They never get to the stage or get enough players for that. They just let a few die hards remember the game and world.
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php
Basilisk

Population: 1328

Highest Population: 1328
Wikipedia wrote:Star Wars Galaxies: Release date(s)

NA June 26, 2003
EU November 7, 2003
AUS 2006
Old game, and assuming that's 1300 players online, it represents a larger background population and more than enough players for improvements to be worthwhile.