Recent Topics

Ads

PvP system

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Luicetarro

Re: PvP Ego system

Post#31 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:18 pm

hulkhug wrote:When talking about warbands i will repeat myself like a broken record again: From 4 warbands out of the keep good change is 3 of them are afk waiting for doors to go down. Great system we have there.
Don't blame the system. Blame the greed and sloth of those afker.
I really doubt such a system will bring more ppl into activity. It would benefit those 6man that are already roaming. Would be a nice feature for them, but wouldn't change the overall state.

Ads
Pixie126

Post#32 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Dude, there was a scoreboard of sorts. In the War Quarters there were statues of the players who got the most renown that week. Is that not enough for you?
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

hulkhug

Post#33 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Instead of having huge focus only on keep we would be having more focus on other parts of the map bos as well if for example BO capture would give 150 FP. I do believe BO lock should be changed to 5min-10min max as that would increase action around it.
Characters: Gladius (RP), Naulin (AM), Beardicus (WP), Hive (BG)
Guild: The Unlikely Plan / TUP

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/phyrexianhulk

hulkhug

Post#34 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Pixie126 wrote:Dude, there was a scoreboard of sorts. In the War Quarters there were statues of the players who got the most renown that week. Is that not enough for you?
The system i described is more interesting in my opinion. I would never be the one hunting for points but I would be happy as a small child seeing that i did something. I forgot to add that if you die you lose 100 FP. Will edit initial post.

Telen
Suspended

Post#35 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:35 pm

hulkhug wrote:if you die you lose 100 FP.

Kopfmotorrad

Re: PvP system

Post#36 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:56 pm

I think some kind point system that gives NO advantage in the game is always a good idea.

Lots of possibilities to do this, just make it open end. Stuff like this can always be a carrot for players to keep playing even when they are frustrated because of balance issues.

@hulkhug: I like your ideas

@ Pixie: "most renown per week" only worked till you were max RR , then you had to make a new character to get a chance at the statue again, mostly it was 1 lowlevel char in a highRR group who has the statue later on.

@ Telens: 1. No idea why you think a "kill point system" would make people gank soloplayers... That would be an
exceptionally inefficient way to gather such points.
2. Some of your viewpoints seem kind of paradoxical, taking into account that you play
an epenis ganking solo class yourself: damage archmage? A class which has no place in
a warband trying to fight for its realm ...

Telen
Suspended

Post#37 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:05 am

Kopfmotorrad wrote: Some of your viewpoints seem kind of paradoxical, taking into account that you play an epenis ganking solo class yourself: damage archmage? A class which has no place in a warband trying to fight for its realm ...
When have I ever ganked on my AM? Take your strawman somewhere else. I play a rift magus currently and regularly join the wbs. This game is meant to be about the realm. Making it about personal point scoring will divide realms even more that they are now.

hulkhug

Post#38 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 am

I play shaman healer and I will only be part of a group. There is no dividing. We only have half afk blobs bashing on doors atm, nothing else. There are no fights around BOs and this would change it little bit and completely no fights on other parts of the map.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#39 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:42 am

The cornerstone of this game is the warband. The devs are already doing their part to make wb's a less viable option. (*) Now you want to add more wb disbanding stuff?

(*) = One of the basic things that make WB's work is for the four groups to stay together and support each other in taking an objective. The new PvP system with its WB busting artillery death barrages (increased damage by being too close to other realm members), will scatter people, making WB's ineffective.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Tankbeardz

Post#40 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:04 am

Telen wrote:
hulkhug wrote: No one said that they would gank just solo players, there would be more group fights. Besides, I never understood why solo players complain when they die in rvr. If you run alone in rvr zone better be prepared for loads of things. And this small group could annoy attackers so much that they have to send more people back to help getting backups.
This is an rvr game. What should be encouraged is taking part in the realm war. Taking bos and locking zones. If people are just looking for meaningless ganking there are plenty of games with that. Now a counter with most bos locked or keep taken sure sounds great. You arent special you are part of a realm.
I disagree with that. You can have fun in the game in many different ways. Only looking for capping zones is a very narrow way to look at the game.