Recent Topics

Ads

sever woes

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Markosiz

sever woes

Post#1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:20 pm

so it seems as of late the server has been having issues, i cant comment on whats causing it because i simply dont know, DDOS? too many players? who knows. but i see as a double edged blade.

DDOS attacks means peoaple are noticing the server. this is good, but the DDOS is bad (sad face).

thoughts?

Ads
nashebazon

Re: sever woes

Post#2 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:21 pm

What's the issue? Do we need more money for better servers or something? Sorry for the noob question

Arobain

Post#3 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:27 pm

as far as i'm aware, we got DDOSed by some people that got banned and are angry

Markosiz

Post#4 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:38 pm

fair enough, i suggested that just jokingly in the server staus thread, if that really is the case then jesus....ppl need to grow the **** up and stop been dicks.

PreddyIta

Post#5 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:41 pm

Its really? Why angry for wht ?
-=Chaos=- Magus: Preddy
-=Greenskins=- Shaman: Preddyshammy

Markosiz

Post#6 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:44 pm

i can only assume salty about been banned for some reason?

i just dnt get it (agian IF it is ddos) what is anyone gaining from attacking a small pvt server?

morbidity

Post#7 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:42 pm

Someone said the server had protection against DDoS?

Whatever the case may be, above all development projects server stability should be priority. Who cares about T4 or other content if the server is unstable..?

I hope Devs are focusing on making a completely stable version of the game before working on any other content/cosmetic aspects.

Jaycub

Post#8 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:51 pm

The server is getting DDOSed, it's not like the devs **** up or did anything wrong. You either throw money at it or wait out the storm.

We already went through this in T2 for what almost a month? IDK how much money/resource bretin and crew are willing to throw at this one but so far it's not been nearly as bad as past DDOS attacks.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
woot

Post#9 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Markosiz wrote:i can only assume salty about been banned for some reason?

i just dnt get it (agian IF it is ddos) what is anyone gaining from attacking a small pvt server?
some scrub got nailed for being a client crasher. then massive amounts of salt and drama ensued.
:twisted:

Deeldoze

Post#10 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:06 pm

morbidity wrote:Someone said the server had protection against DDoS?

Whatever the case may be, above all development projects server stability should be priority. Who cares about T4 or other content if the server is unstable..?

I hope Devs are focusing on making a completely stable version of the game before working on any other content/cosmetic aspects.
Protecting a gameserver and a webserver from DDoS are two different beasts entirely. There's a colossal botnet floating around that seems to be hitting anything and everything and it wouldn't be even remotely surprising to see us included in that list. All we can do is wait it out. It's not really possible to just decide to make a server stable, these attacks are largely unavoidable. Even Blizzard, a company with some of the most senior network analysts in the world was knocked out for a brief time the other day.