Recent Topics

Ads

Are new classes/factions planned?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ch0sENofANgrOn

Are new classes/factions planned?

Post#1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:03 am

I am aware that such things are likely A LONG way off, but I am wondering if there are plans to add new classes (Khorne warrior, dog of war, halfling etc.) or even new factions (lizard men, wood elves, chaos dwarves, etc), or if such things are "not being planned yet because it's too beyond what we can do right now" or even "never going to be planned". I hope such things are in the cards, but I can understand if they are not.

Ads
catholicism198

Re: Are new classes/factions planned?

Post#2 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:09 am

"never going to be planned"

Zintair

Post#3 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:30 am

The only thing I could see is the use of already created texture files like the other capital cities. There could be the future of RoR.

My personal opinion of course.
Phoenix Throne - Bad Moon Officer - Black Guard / Chosen

ROR - Zinn SM 34/34 // Zindaddy RP
Montague

DeusMechanicus

Post#4 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:17 am

I think I prefer the current direction planned:

Namely, that they are looking to restore the Dwarf and Greenskin capital cities with some basics. Then , another long way after that, they might someday make the sieges work for those cities. But that's all really far away.

If they let me develop for them, I would be glad to work on a 3rd faction though. But they're very careful with who they let in, and they're very careful about which goals they pick. It makes sense, since a "third faction" would be such time intensive work. It's reasonable to pick the easier of two goals since this is primarily a volunteer project.

If I were to visualize a third faction as a possibility, I would see the Vampire Counts teaming up with the Tomb Kings. Maybe make the Chaos Dwarves the 3rd race in the 3rd faction?

Stmichael1989

Post#5 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am

From what I understand, they couldn't implement new stuff of that sort until they are able to patch the game. So far, there hasn't been much hope on that front. They can alter things server side, but to add a new class or race would require creating new "objects" (assuming c++), which they cannot do.

It's kinda sad too, since they could have easily done Skaven vs Wood Elves with existing assets.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

DeusMechanicus

Post#6 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:24 am

Stmichael1989 wrote:From what I understand, they couldn't implement new stuff of that sort until they are able to patch the game. So far, there hasn't been much hope on that front. They can alter things server side, but to add a new class or race would require creating new "objects" (assuming c++), which they cannot do.

It's kinda sad too, since they could have easily done Skaven vs Wood Elves with existing assets.
So they've only been able to reverse engineer the server software? They've been able to make alterations to some minor things, from what I can tell.

ValeraNox

Post#7 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:43 am

Devs can do it easly ! Just mb need more developers
Mahmoud - WH 40/57

Zintair

Post#8 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:04 am

It's really presumptuous to assume such development when we are working on keeping the server on more than 1 day per week.

Let the DEVs do what they do best they have done an incredible job. A third faction is so game changing there is a 0% chance of that happening. It's literally an entirely new game and they don't get paid.

Montague

Ads
Zintair

Post#9 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:05 am

lilsabin wrote:loool , dood , dont u see the game is dead ?
I don't always hit EMU forums but when I do I say EMO things

Just played last week.

The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living. Marcus Tullius Cicero

Montague

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#10 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 am

I want necrons please!