Recent Topics

Ads

Total War : Warhammer - Armors, Weapons files in RoR ?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Deadpxxl

Total War : Warhammer - Armors, Weapons files in RoR ?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:46 am

Hi,

I would like to know if it was possible to take "Total War : Warhammer" armors, weapons, beards etc.. files and use them in RoR ? I suppose there is copyrights but GW let RoR Server live so it might be possible ?

Garod - Ironbreaker (Uzgul Bakraz)
Ungor - Daemon Slayer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Karadrin - Runepriest (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgur - Longbeard (Uzgul Bakraz)
Brogarr - Engineer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgor - Hammerer

Ads
machopi1

Re: Total War : Warhammer - Armors, Weapons files in RoR ?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:00 am

I'm pretty sure you can't copyright beards.
Aw lawd.

RyanMakara

Post#3 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 am

Been thinking about this. Funnily enough I recognise certain weapon and shield designs from Warhammer Online, in Total War Warhammer. However, I think it's better to not attempt a pretty obvious copyright breach; to take models from a paid game and incorporating them into our private server emulator code. It's too much of a risk, even if GW 'allows' us to live on as we do.

Deadpxxl

Post#4 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:56 am

Yeah, a lot of weapons, shields and armors were copied or inspired by Age of Reckoning. :)
You're right, it can be risky, maybe in 2 or 3 years when they'll have other projects and Total War : Warhammer, an old memory.
Garod - Ironbreaker (Uzgul Bakraz)
Ungor - Daemon Slayer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Karadrin - Runepriest (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgur - Longbeard (Uzgul Bakraz)
Brogarr - Engineer (Uzgul Bakraz)
Imgor - Hammerer

perche

Post#5 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:15 pm

but that textures can be used in ror with 2 different graphic engines?
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:26 pm

perche wrote:but that textures can be used in ror with 2 different graphic engines?
Just convert them and scale them. But its too risky to steal from another company.
Or are you a Pirate?

shaggyboomboom

Post#7 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:30 pm

Since importing textures and models from TW:WH is possible, could we make custom weps and armor and get it imported to RoR? Something akin to Steam Workshop.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:35 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:Since importing textures and models from TW:WH is possible, could we make custom weps and armor and get it imported to RoR? Something akin to Steam Workshop.
to make custom content we dont need to import anything from another companys work. It's a really dangerous line we would cross. Ofc a decent artist can be inspired by warhammer art from other games/pictures/concepts. But copying would definately make us an easy target for everyone who doesn't want this server to exist.

Edit: sry, this might not have answered your question. I believe I dont understand exactly what you mean with this steam workshop thingy :O

Ads
Blodia

Post#9 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:39 pm

Assuming you could rip the textures and models, wouldn't it be possible to make the mod client-side instead of server-side?
There were mods for WoW private servers which allowed that and/or using the new models in older expansions, only client-side.

shaggyboomboom

Post#10 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:42 pm

saupreusse wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:Since importing textures and models from TW:WH is possible, could we make custom weps and armor and get it imported to RoR? Something akin to Steam Workshop.
to make custom content we dont need to import anything from another companys work. It's a really dangerous line we would cross. Ofc a decent artist can be inspired by warhammer art from other games/pictures/concepts. But copying would definately make us an easy target for everyone who doesn't want this server to exist.

Edit: sry, this might not have answered your question. I believe I dont understand exactly what you mean with this steam workshop thingy :O
What I meant is this:

Could we (the ROR community) make new assets for the game. Custom made from scratch. That would mean we wouldn't get targeted by AAA companies etc. We could create our own "Workshop".