Recent Topics

Ads

Steam client possibility?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Cuppiocaek

Steam client possibility?

Post#1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Is it possible to get the game on steam? Or are there legal issues involved?

Honestly, being able to download from steam would be amazing :3

Ads
TheGreatFazoo

Re: Steam client possibility?

Post#2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:00 pm

No, there is definitely no way of doing that. In order to keep this project legal they can't charge money for it and Steam would want some control over the update process, etc. It's not feasible or possibly even legal to do such a thing.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:35 pm

You can add the game to Steam as a non-steam shortcut. Just need to modify it to use the RoRLauncher.exe like this.

Then all your friends will be able to see you playing WAR again.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Cuppiocaek

Post#4 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:52 am

I'm talking more in terms of simply being able to download it easier.

Also, if I use torrent to download, will that get me into any trouble with my service provider? I've already got 2 strikes and I dont want to risk a third.
Megafile download just isn't working right.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:06 am

Cuppiocaek wrote:I'm talking more in terms of simply being able to download it easier.

Also, if I use torrent to download, will that get me into any trouble with my service provider? I've already got 2 strikes and I dont want to risk a third.
You get strikes for downloading illegal material. No one is targeting our torrent as illegal, we would have been notified.

- I'll also note, if your ISP is blanket targeting torrents as a file transfer method and punishing people for it, they're a **** ISP and you should use a VPN. I prefer PIA, but there are other free services out there if you can't afford a couple dollars a month. Torrents are a file transfer method first, people use them for illegal reasons which is what should get them in trouble, but some ISP's are aggro about it.

Muntic0re

Post#6 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Agree with the previous user. VPN can help in this situation. U can use vpn providers like PIA or Vypr VPN. A good way to bypass firewall and hide your IP.
Last edited by Muntic0re on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thayli

Post#7 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:25 pm

Cuppiocaek wrote:I'm talking more in terms of simply being able to download it easier.

Depending on where you live, in Europe and many other countries it is *illegal* for an ISP to do this and legal action in the form of a class action lawsuit can be taken. If possible, I recommend switching providers. Failing that, either take legal action or invest in a VPN so your ISP is unable to monitor your traffic.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

Crust

Post#8 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:32 am

You could set your torrent client to enable encryption - my isp is an aggro isp, with encryption on i get no torrent 'strikes' anymore ! (dont know for sure if this applies to you)

Ads
zeryphex

Post#9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 pm

I subscribe to a seedbox for $8 per month.

I'm not sure which country the seedbox is located in, but it downloads and seeds 24/7.

It has not been able to download the Return Of Reckoning torrent, however ... otherwise, I would be seeding it 24/7.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:09 pm

zeryphex wrote:I subscribe to a seedbox for $8 per month.

I'm not sure which country the seedbox is located in, but it downloads and seeds 24/7.

It has not been able to download the Return Of Reckoning torrent, however ... otherwise, I would be seeding it 24/7.
Our torrent requires DHT to be enabled. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause an issue. Most clients do this automatically, some require you to enable it in the settings.