Recent Topics

Ads

[PQ Assistance] Peak's Edge

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

[PQ Assistance] Peak's Edge

Post#1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:51 am

I'm looking for someone who played Peak's Edge PQ on Live - this is one of the last Order/Dwarf PQs in T4 in the Death Peak side zone (east from Thunder Mountain). As far as I know it was more like several PQs rolled into one, with Grimgor Ironhide (as a Lord) as the final boss.

All details you can provide will help me recreate this PQ. Thanks in advance!

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [PQ Assistance] Peak's Edge

Post#2 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 pm

I found this :

Screenshot proves it happened. The most EPIC pug warband of lowbies and the naked Dwarf tank defeated the single most EPIC PQ in the game.

What makes this PQ so EPIC you ask? Well, first, it’s not just one PQ. It’s actually four rolled into one in a rather ingenious piece of crafting. Well done there. Completing each of the three sub-PQs actually fires off the final boss encounter.

The boss? None other than Grimgor Ironhide and his Immortal Bodyguards. Grimgor is a Rank 39 Lord and his Immortals are all Rank 39 Heros.

I’ll admit it. We wiped the during the first attempt. Grimgor was at half health and his Immortals had taken quite a bit of damage, however the Immortals were all enraged at 725%…good times. However, the final stage of the PQ lasts for 30 minutes. So we regrouped and came back. Someone suggested that we put our armor back on at this point and everyone did…well, except for me. I’m not gonna let some Greenskin force me to not tank naked!

Our second attempt was an incredible feat of coordination and, though I fell in the final few seconds to the onslaught of Grimgor as I tanked him, we were victorious and many a Grudge was avenged. I must say, I would love to do this one again. Many times. Mainly because I’m curious just how EPIC the loot from the purple bags has to be considering the difficulty of the fight. lol

It’s really too bad that this PQ isn’t the last one in Dwarf as it truly deserves to be the pinnacle of the trek through the Dwarfen Tiers. Everything was a bit anti-climactic after this…until the actual final PQ that is. But we’ll get to that soon enough.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Sigimund

Post#3 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:42 pm

The boss with the shield in the sub-pq by the ravine edge had a knock back so getting your tank punted off could happen quite easily.

I was duoing so I never beat Grimgor. Iirc there was a buff called immortal which made him take reduced damage but if you didn't counter it you wouldn't beat the enrage timer. Think you had to kill his adds to remove stacks?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Grunbag wrote:I found this :

Screenshot proves it happened. The most EPIC pug warband of lowbies and the naked Dwarf tank defeated the single most EPIC PQ in the game.

What makes this PQ so EPIC you ask? Well, first, it’s not just one PQ. It’s actually four rolled into one in a rather ingenious piece of crafting. Well done there. Completing each of the three sub-PQs actually fires off the final boss encounter.

The boss? None other than Grimgor Ironhide and his Immortal Bodyguards. Grimgor is a Rank 39 Lord and his Immortals are all Rank 39 Heros.

I’ll admit it. We wiped the during the first attempt. Grimgor was at half health and his Immortals had taken quite a bit of damage, however the Immortals were all enraged at 725%…good times. However, the final stage of the PQ lasts for 30 minutes. So we regrouped and came back. Someone suggested that we put our armor back on at this point and everyone did…well, except for me. I’m not gonna let some Greenskin force me to not tank naked!

Our second attempt was an incredible feat of coordination and, though I fell in the final few seconds to the onslaught of Grimgor as I tanked him, we were victorious and many a Grudge was avenged. I must say, I would love to do this one again. Many times. Mainly because I’m curious just how EPIC the loot from the purple bags has to be considering the difficulty of the fight. lol

It’s really too bad that this PQ isn’t the last one in Dwarf as it truly deserves to be the pinnacle of the trek through the Dwarfen Tiers. Everything was a bit anti-climactic after this…until the actual final PQ that is. But we’ll get to that soon enough.

I've already found it, thanks nontheless!
Sigimund wrote:The boss with the shield in the sub-pq by the ravine edge had a knock back so getting your tank punted off could happen quite easily.

I was duoing so I never beat Grimgor. Iirc there was a buff called immortal which made him take reduced damage but if you didn't counter it you wouldn't beat the enrage timer. Think you had to kill his adds to remove stacks?
Any chance you could write as much as you remember? What kind of mobs were there, what subPQs were about, where they (more or less) spawned on the map (any chance for a screenshot?)? All details are helpful.

Karast

Post#5 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:08 pm

I need to dig around, but I might still have an old video of it. No promises, but let me dig through my old hard drives.

I do remember it because my RP guild did it a lot. There were 2-3 sub PQ's. One with Black Orcs, or immortals, one with squigs, and then one with choppas maybe. 3 different parts of the camp. I think it was the usual X mobs then X champions before a hero, and then after the 3 camp heros Grimgore showed up and 1-2 shot any tank that tried him.

Karast

Post#6 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:14 pm

https://gaarawarrgabs.wordpress.com/201 ... hru-ch-22/

A run through with a little bit of detail on most of the dwarf pq's from live.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Karast wrote:I need to dig around, but I might still have an old video of it. No promises, but let me dig through my old hard drives.

I do remember it because my RP guild did it a lot. There were 2-3 sub PQ's. One with Black Orcs, or immortals, one with squigs, and then one with choppas maybe. 3 different parts of the camp. I think it was the usual X mobs then X champions before a hero, and then after the 3 camp heros Grimgore showed up and 1-2 shot any tank that tried him.
Thank you very much! Video would be really gerat, but those details are wonderful. I will be looking into it soon™!

Borglog

Post#8 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:44 pm

hello hargrim think I can help what you need exactly m8 ? .ok I send crafted packet F_OBJECTIVE_INFO to my server, here what you need, hum it wont let me upload pictures ok added if u need more info let me know.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:19 pm

Borglog wrote:
Spoiler:
hello hargrim think I can help what you need exactly m8 ? .ok I send crafted packet F_OBJECTIVE_INFO to my server, here what you need, hum it wont let me upload pictures ok added if u need more info let me know.

Thanks! I send you a pm :).

Borglog

Post#10 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 am

np hargrim glad it helps getting it working.