Recent Topics

Ads

Some stuff from the WAR files I'd not seen

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Valayare

Some stuff from the WAR files I'd not seen

Post#1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Hey guys,

I've been playing around with the WAR files and found some interesting stuff that I'd not seen before. Here are some screen grabs for those interested, of one or two classic Warhammer characters I found (sorry it's a bit elf centric atm lol, pics in spoiler tabs because they're a bit massive):

High Elf
Spoiler:
I never knew they had modeled Tyrion!

This Teclis looks way better than the NPC that was in the game, wonder if they planned on updating some old content?

Alarielle

Carydrian

Imrik

Dark Elf
Spoiler:
I never remember seeing these guys either

Malekith

Hellebron

Malus

Vampire
Spoiler:
Looks like they did have some basic plans on paper for the Vampires expansion

I may try re-scultping these (and some of the other stuff), so with Londo's reverse translator in a few years we could maybe add some new stuff :) Would help to be able to load the textures too, but not been able to find these, has anyone else?

Val

Ads
Valayare

Re: Some stuff from the WAR files I'd not seen

Post#2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:34 pm

P.s. Thanks to Azarael for helping with advice on the myps

Aquilon

Post#3 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:02 pm

That is interesting!

Maybe there're even Elfs capitals somewhere? :roll:
Means determine end.

Aven

Post#4 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Well, Malekith was chilling in the City with his momma, so why it's surprising he's in the files?
Avenflar, Zealot, Athel Loren, RR Icompletelyforgotbynow

MaxHayman
Management

Post#5 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 pm

I've only seen the Dwarf and Greenskin City models in there.
Max Hayman

Nazara

Post#6 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Malekith is in the Eternal Citadel of the Inevitable City in a room to the left of Tchar'zanek's throne. Will never forget finding the Witch King :D Was great so see him in game like that.

Malus Darkblade and Hellebron I couldn't find and the other characters I have no idea as I never played Order.

Kragg

Post#7 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:36 pm

Nazara wrote:Malekith is in the Eternal Citadel of the Inevitable City in a room to the left of Tchar'zanek's throne. Will never forget finding the Witch King :D Was great so see him in game like that.

Malus Darkblade and Hellebron I couldn't find and the other characters I have no idea as I never played Order.
Gotrek & Felix are in a pub on the docks, Teclis is in the Altdorf palace on a wall, Elf and dwarf king in a sideroom of the Throneroom. In the Throneroom itself we have Karl Franz and general Albrecht :D
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

gabrilutz

Post#8 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:21 am

I wonda if we can find any greenskins models too
would be cool to add new stuff to war
WAR IZ KHAOS

Ads
Sarasil

Post#9 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:43 am

Is this why you wanted the drawing of Valayare? To make him a custom 3d model for the game? :D
Natharyn (sw)/Umatharil (sm)/Jillian (doc)

Find my fantasy art on my website and on facebook

Valayare

Post#10 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Aquilon wrote:That is interesting!

Maybe there're even Elfs capitals somewhere? :roll:
Not seen anything yet, but there are thousands of files ;) If I find anything I'll let you know :D

Nazara wrote:Malekith is in the Eternal Citadel of the Inevitable City in a room to the left of Tchar'zanek's throne. Will never forget finding the Witch King :D Was great so see him in game like that.

Being a good order boy :lol: I'd never been in IC other than siege, so I'd not seen Malekith :D

Kragg wrote:Gotrek & Felix are in a pub on the docks, Teclis is in the Altdorf palace on a wall, Elf and dwarf king in a sideroom of the Throneroom. In the Throneroom itself we have Karl Franz and general Albrecht :D
The Teclis in the city is different to the one in the model file, the latter is way better I think. But I'm pretty sure Tyrion and Carydrian were never in the live version. Yeah, I love Gotrek, he's such a bad ass! Found him and Felix in the files too:
Spoiler:
gabrilutz wrote:I wonda if we can find any greenskins models too would be cool to add new stuff to war
Yes buddy, lots of greenies in there :D. I've not managed to go through them all yet to see if there's any cool new stuff, whatever I find I'll post here ;)

Sarasil wrote:Is this why you wanted the drawing of Valayare? To make him a custom 3d model for the game? :D
Hey mate! Kind of lol. I'm doing some 3D sculpts anyway (before I found these), but now I'm doing some modifications to some of these too :D