Recent Topics

Ads

[INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Collateral

Re: [INTRODUCTION] ORvR T1 : Reboot

Post#21 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:14 am

I'm very excited about these changes :D This is almost exactly what I (and many others) had in mind about RvR design. So it's great to see the devs are listening and cooperating, and also realize how important this is to the community and the long term health of the game. But I agree that having to stand on the BO to keep it locked seems a little weird. Also, we have to keep in mind that T1 and T4 are quite different things when it comes to scale. We will see.

Seems it will be time to hop into T1 again :)

Ads
Bastion

Post#22 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:23 am

I like this idea, I want to see other t1 zones with rvr.

I only saw people of enemy realm when I was going to kill lair bosses xD.

But always will have people in empire vs chaos because all races starts in the same realm start zone, Will have something for do that players think that is better move to other t1 zone than kill and kill forever in empire vs chaos zone?
Bretonnia was a shield for Wood Elves, normal, they have Toughness 3 also know like paper elves.

Musax

Post#23 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:32 am

well after chaos zone locks greenskin and elves are open and norsca doesn't give any rewards...i think that will funnel the players into the other zones

all in all i think this could turn out really great, in theory it sounds really promising, opening up tactics to lure enemies and ambush them, force zergs to leave defenders behind that can then be attacked by a small grp etc...

Ofcourse the reality can play out different, but that's what the testing phase after implementation is for. No risk no rewards, and the potential i see is quite big imo

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:39 am

spikespiegel84 wrote:Ok, but don't forget that killing is fun. I basically the main reason why we do this. If you can lure a band on a spot with few men and ambush them in the middle is actually a way more dynamic way to rvr. Of course is just my opinion
Imo, Good fights are the moast fun in this game not the actuall killing part. 6v1 isn't fun just like 24v6 isn't very fun either, wich is what I fear gonna happen alot more with static BO guarding. But we'll see. Like I said, the hunt for kills over realm progression is motivated by the reward from the kills and that leads to people goin for easy rewards and then run from greater odds instead of trying to protect the objectives for as long as possible. By having the majority of the rewards attatched to the objectives of the game rather then kills is gonna lead to the best fights imo. Especially in a system were you can't zerg to win.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#25 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 am

spikespiegel84 wrote:Ok, but don't forget that killing is fun. I basically the main reason why we do this. If you can lure a band on a spot with few men and ambush them in the middle is actually a way more dynamic way to rvr. Of course is just my opinion
Sure it is. But kills are a consequence of the campain, not a motive :). Now you will know exactly where to find some fights :).

Glorian

Post#26 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:34 am

The Dwarfs of Ekrund are quite excited about it. The real question is though how later keeps, Siege, ammo and RR will drop in.

Also what is the debuff if let's say a 24 dwarf warband parks for an hour on a BO and drinks beer and roast some meat while standing in the purple rain?

Tesq

Post#27 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:50 am

roadkillrobin wrote:Something that come to my mind is, if i understand this correctly, if you don't guard a BO with atleast 1 person it will return to a neutural state? This could be problematic depending on how long it takes for a BO to rerurn to neutral and be kinda helping the zerg in terms of kills, were the zergs just running around rolling BO after BO. The no BO timers kinda prevents it as they can't really sustain campain resources doing this. But they are gonna be able to frustrate players to concession by consistantly 2 Warbands rolling BO's the lesser populated realm tried to spread out to defend. So whats the BO return to neutral state time gonna be? And how long will the cap timers be?
this also feel pretty exploitable,

keep 1 man on every 3 nearest flags, keep zerg in the mid of 3 flag: procide then to wipe ppl that kill the 1 man, recap.

no lock timers mean underodog have no way to punish zerg.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#28 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:57 am

Glorian wrote:Also what is the debuff if let's say a 24 dwarf warband parks for an hour on a BO and drinks beer and roast some meat while standing in the purple rain?
You really think Da Waaagh will let you do this? :).

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#29 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:58 am

Tesq wrote:no lock timers mean underodog have no way to punish zerg.
It also means, zerg have no way to lock.

Now let me be clear. This is actually the T1 mechanic. Last time i checked, there wasn't 3 wb in Nordland so i'm not very concerned about this. Plus, 2 pairs will be opened so i don't know :).
Afaik, your exemple Tesq is a possibility, but i don't understand why none in T1 use this strategy to chain lock. They have lock timer benefits to do it, but they don't.

BTW, i would be very happy to see tons of players fighting in T1. :)

Tesq

Post#30 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 am

Yaliskah wrote:
Tesq wrote:no lock timers mean underodog have no way to punish zerg.
It also means, zerg have no way to lock.
i just fear zerg will have upper hands in t4 where ppl are more organized , in maps like dw or tm you can controll 3 flag with 1 zerg.

timers favour the underdog not the side with more number just look back at the original system with vp; loose 1 flag meant block the enemy lock for 15 min that was huge.
Basically now is the opposite loose 1 flag mean nothing because you can simply recap it. But let's see how it develop maybe some counter will be found i never saw something on large scale as this exept SW:battlefront (ps2) so let see how it goes.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed May 24, 2017 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.