Recent Topics

Ads

[DEV] Upcoming White Lion / Guardian Changes

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [DEV] Upcoming White Lion / Guardian Changes

Post#51 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:43 pm

gandresch wrote:@ToXos show me your source pls? Last time Azareal released those pet stats you could see the difference between all pets and turrets/demons. If there was a secret change than i would like to know it.

I was talking just about thoughnes and not strength. Sure it hits harder if you spec guardian. Thats two different things.

For fetch you need line of sight. Do you need that for the SH aswell? Just asking.

Edit: It was the post "Guide: Pet Statstics"
Squig and Horned Squig gets 200% armor and WL Pet 100% of the armor. All are getting 100% wounds.
So i guess you are wrong!
Medium armor WL has twice as much base armor as Light armor SH. They have essentially the same armor values.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
ToXoS

Post#52 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:11 pm

gandresch wrote:@ToXos show me your source pls? Last time Azareal released those pet stats you could see the difference between all pets and turrets/demons. If there was a secret change than i would like to know it.

I was talking just about thoughnes and not strength. Sure it hits harder if you spec guardian. Thats two different things.

For fetch you need line of sight. Do you need that for the SH aswell? Just asking.

Edit: It was the post "Guide: Pet Statstics"
Squig and Horned Squig gets 200% armor and WL Pet 100% of the armor. All are getting 100% wounds.
So i guess you are wrong!
Are you sure that a WL and a SH have the same base wounds? (without items)
My naked rank 40 SH has 444 wounds and my naked rank 37 WL has 486 wounds (iirc none of these toons have RR into Vigor).

gandresch

Post#53 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:08 pm

That is true. Thanks for the enlightenment Wargrimnir.

Toldavf

Post#54 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:49 pm

still waiting on that shown working.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Grolar

Post#55 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:29 am

Krima wrote:
13 point ability - Leonine Frenzy - Internal Cooldown on damage procs reduced to 1s

Why ? this ability alrdy hits avrg 300-500 per tick.
1s sounds OP.
Thank you. I was thinking the exact same thing. On the live game WL weren't a second thought for my Black Orc. Here on RoR they are Tank killers among killing everything else. Anything going to be done about the WL damage spree? Increasing cool downs is one idea. Not reducing them.
Last edited by Grolar on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

peterthepan3

Post#56 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:39 am

Because a Guardian WL can effectively be neutered within 3 seconds of a competitive fight/against decent opposition? Kill the pet and the WL is doing subpar damage. That's why most go Hunter/Axe.

Kali14
Banned

Post#57 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:45 am

WL to kill someone must be build to the maximum offensive and this makes his defense the same as RDPS except that he has medium armour. And still it's DPS is half as DPS RDPS or 2/3 what WH or SL can do.

The proposed changes are good and needed.

ToXoS

Post#58 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:31 am

Kali14 wrote:WL to kill someone must be build to the maximum offensive and this makes his defense the same as RDPS except that he has medium armour. And still it's DPS is half as DPS RDPS or 2/3 what WH or SL can do.

The proposed changes are good and needed.
Mhh yes, so WL defense is not the same as rdps. In any case, it has the same armor as other mdps (except WE/WH).
WL has the best burst of the game. Better than a sorc or anything else. Waaay better than some RDPS (like SH) and better than WH, SL or another mdps really.

Ads
Kali14
Banned

Post#59 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Small differences in armour size do not make a big difference. It's about defense.

In contrast, high defense statistics significantly reduce damage from Burst. So this is not the best form of attack.

The best form of attack is not the number of hits you hit, but the amount of damage they do. And in this better than WL is even AM.

The strongest single hits:
(850 dmg from WL to 1300 SL)
(850 dmg from WL to 1000 AM)
(850 dmg from WL to 2400 Sorc)

Some around of this. Etc, etc.

ToXoS

Post#60 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Kali14 wrote:Small differences in armour size do not make a big difference. It's about defense.

In contrast, high defense statistics significantly reduce damage from Burst. So this is not the best form of attack.

The best form of attack is not the number of hits you hit, but the amount of damage they do. And in this better than WL is even AM.

The strongest single hits:
(850 dmg from WL to 1300 SL)
(850 dmg from WL to 1000 AM)
(850 dmg from WL to 2400 Sorc)

Some around of this. Etc, etc.
It is burst that kills in this game. In group play anyway.

A burst is a lot of damage in a very short period of time. If a WL hits for 850, but 4 times in one GCD, it have better burst AND a greater amount of damage in one GCD than any other classes. It is a known thing. You will never see a SL or an AM killing a player from 100% to 0% HP in 4 seconds like a WL can do on a squishy target.

Ever heard of addition?