Recent Topics

Ads

[DEV] Upcoming White Lion / Guardian Changes

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
gandresch

Re: [DEV] Upcoming White Lion / Guardian Changes

Post#41 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:50 pm

This would help for sure in a warband but not in 6v6. Cant wait to test the changes.
But i think ill play first the SH :)

Ads
dansari

Post#42 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Yeah the SH changes look great. Viable mdps role for a class meant to skirmish.
<Salt Factory>

Arteker616

Post#43 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:09 am

dansari wrote:Yeah the SH changes look great. Viable mdps role for a class meant to skirmish.
thats are very premature claims . in you is usual .Because you as shadow warrior can take out a sh pet in 3 gcd . care to tell me any destro class wich can take the wl pet in same time?.

Imo wl changes look neat But they need to be realy carefull done because they affect the pet of the wl .My question is before the changes here proposed we gonna see a fixt thanks to the client controll to the broken pet mechanics wl pet can do ?.

Ithink is very good idea to tie pet strengh to one of the threes of the wl . hopefully u will provide more input of your plan in regard this torque .

In regard Baiting strike , i think is a bad move make more armor stacking abilitys when we actualy getting nerfs in offensive stats .Namely critic stacking .

Furious mendin . my question is this ability will be afected for what kind of heal debuff. second what kind of values u can get with it Because for example the Choppa , slayer ones are kinda crap and dont worth it outta t1-t2 t3 .But on low tiers this self heal could be realy game breaking at low tiers since unlike the others characters named is not tied to a class dynamic, seems a flat heal.

Pride of Chrace - will this stack with both Trained ? if so it realy would beef the hell of wl pet . pherhaps to much . since alot of stats debuff are aoe , and u plan to make if im right pets anti aoe (think just to dmg but aloe of aoe debuffs are dmg too)

Leonine Frenzy - this is a though one . first and foremost because with wl pathing issues most attacks from pet strike from rear despite to it being infront of u . this enable the role of wl pet kiter to a new lvls of pure dmg . specialy if u send the pet in hyper speed mode to chase a fleeting or kiter enemy . i understand not so much deal in a 6 man but imo take the risk to make a serious case of over powered solo class and alot of incoming drama .

General thoughs: what u posted realy is more a bone to solo fighting wls in lakes , than changes for wl 6 man grps, in my opinion from Guardian the best ability for grps was pack assault in a mele train . this willl enable a different playstyle for the wl rather than pure burst monster its . but idk i see it better suited for solo.

Thanks for ur job torque . im always Ready to test it whenaver u want agaisnt svane !

p.s when u gonna unleash some waaaaggggh love for bos 8-)

Morf

Post#44 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 am

Appreciate the work that goes into these planned changes but do they address the issues wl have ? that being in competitive play the pet dies and you lose alot of damage and in pug/solo play the pet is borderline op, if anything they appear to further increase the pets power on pug/solo play and further decrease its value in competitive play (less wounds/toughness).

There is no doubt wl class is full of useless tactics and pve stuff that is in need of attention, 2 tactics that imo need to be considered when making wl changes are revenged and loner, these 2 tactics are never ever used because of pack synergy but they also hold the key to making wl's better in competitive play when u have no pet and less of a pug stomper/solo beast tnx to how strong the pet is, in other words a stronger player with no pet and a pet that is less of a must have.

Also i hope its realised that tnx to pack hunting trained to kill wont be used no matter what.

If its ok and you are indeed looking at ways to change wl for a better i have a few suggestions that could possibly address the issue with wl sucking in competitive play with no pet and pet being op in solo/pug play.
Cheers.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

dansari

Post#45 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:35 am

Arteker616 wrote:
dansari wrote:Yeah the SH changes look great. Viable mdps role for a class meant to skirmish.
thats are very premature claims . in you is usual .Because you as shadow warrior can take out a sh pet in 3 gcd . care to tell me any destro class wich can take the wl pet in same time?.
Maybe premature, would you say it's more viable than where they are now?

I can take out a squig pet in 3 gcd? That's news to me. I don't focus the pet much as I'm too focused on not dying to the player.. but sure, make wild claims that make no sense in context (btw if a sorc can kill me in 3 gcd I'm betting they can do the same to a WL pet).
<Salt Factory>

gandresch

Post#46 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:14 am

@Arteker616 First all the SH pets a different. And the Horned Squig is thougher then the WL pet. And lately most SH seems to use it to pull of ppl from the keep. (Sorry for offtopic)

normanis

Post#47 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:48 am

thx for info wargimnir. when i readed about white lions its remind me hercules he also wears nemeas lion skin.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

ToXoS

Post#48 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:26 am

gandresch wrote:@Arteker616 First all the SH pets a different. And the Horned Squig is thougher then the WL pet. And lately most SH seems to use it to pull of ppl from the keep. (Sorry for offtopic)
The horned squig is not tougher than the WL pet. The tougher squig is the normal squig, and even this one is not as tough as the WL pet. Everyone knows that, beside you apparently.

Also, yes SH players punt people out of keep walls with the horned squig, just like the WL players send their pets to pull people off the keep walls (with fetch! ability) and they also just send their pet alone to kill the squishies. And because of how strong the pet is, it works sometimes.

Anyway, this is the behavior of idiots and exploiters.

Sorry for offtopic too, but pls don't talk about what you don't know. Thanks.
Last edited by ToXoS on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Morf

Post#49 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:36 am

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote:
I couldnt care less about 'competitive play' or '6v6' my objective is overall balance, making all trees viable, enjoyable and reducing the 'need' for a cookie cutter. Loner & revenge wont get getting touched and this isnt a thread of 'how to balance a WL' or 'suggestions here please' its a preview of what will be getting tested in the future and I thought I was pretty clear about not needing theorycrafting in my first post.
Thanks for the response torque, i appreciate u reading my post and taking into consideration what i explained.
Its also nice to know that these changes are more focused on pug/solo play as being a solo player myself (just like yourself) i can understand why one would take this approach, and given that wl players currently dont spec into pounce,force opportunity, brutal pounce and leonine frenzy these changes should open up this spec as a valid option. Cheers.

Yeah, take your passive aggressive jibes elsewhere and dont try to put words in my mouth, overall balance is exactly that, overall and encompasses everything. - Torque
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

gandresch

Post#50 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:46 am

@ToXos show me your source pls? Last time Azareal released those pet stats you could see the difference between all pets and turrets/demons. If there was a secret change than i would like to know it.

I was talking just about thoughnes and not strength. Sure it hits harder if you spec guardian. Thats two different things.

For fetch you need line of sight. Do you need that for the SH aswell? Just asking.

Edit: It was the post "Guide: Pet Statstics"
Squig and Horned Squig gets 200% armor and WL Pet 100% of the armor. All are getting 100% wounds.
So i guess you are wrong!