Recent Topics

Ads

[DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Redeye Set

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [DEVELOPER PREVIEW] Redeye Set

Post#11 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Collateral wrote:Very cool white color on destro :) Hoped the sets would look more high tier-ish considering they're on par with onslaught, but ofc that can easily be changed.
Yeah, there's only so many armor models to go around. With more sets being available, the pool of unused high-tier stuff is a bit lower. I suspect eventually we may lift T3 stuff into early T4 slots, and make certain the more end-game sets are better looking. Which would mean of course, these appearances would be suitable for our long term plans.

tl;dr - lazy, didn't feel like digging through, left existing models
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
szejoza

Post#12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:53 pm

tell me what happened to the old slayer stalker boots! they were nice iron shod full boots and now are just some random meh stuff x)

anyways, bonuses on the sets are dope, might try running +100% IAS :D
Spoiler:

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:10 pm

I wonder at what point that the aa haste "bonus" will become noticeable?

like +25 and then +15 from oathstones i wonder is +40 aa haste will be enough to be make a real change in dps output

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Ya'll made me nervous.

Yeah, it's not a +25%, the AA speeds have values on them. I'm pretty sure they translate directly to seconds, so +25 would be .25s faster. Although you keep your weapon DPS of the full speed value (hopefully). Dropping a full 1s off a 2h swing speed would take you from 4.7s to 3.7s. We should probably make sure there's a cap on attack speed come to think of it...

Dabbart

Post#15 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:23 pm

So... Zs get 60 int and wp? Confused at trying to make that a hybrid set... sham/am get another hybrid set... the crit reduction is very sexy though.

Thanks for all the work! I’ll take a look at the rest when I’m on work.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

szejoza

Post#16 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 pm

I don't remember where but the formulae for the AA speed was (weapon speed)/(speedbonus+1), or someone correct me here
So with weapon of 4.0 speed, this set and oathstones your attack speed would be 4/(0.15+0.25+1)=2.85
Well, it's not amazing and I'm not sure how it works on other melee classes but 50% AAspeed bonus on slayer (with Push for more tactic) do amazing stuff, tho stacking AA speed above 50% is excessive
Spoiler:

Leecifer

Post#17 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote:We should probably make sure there's a cap on attack speed come to think of it...
Please no lol, Wrath WP needs AA haste.

save the WP, save the world
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

Aurandilaz

Post#18 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm

BoP or BoE? Selling gear that is not useful to yourself would be awesome. Many of us love pve, others hate it, so transaction between the two kinds of people would be nice.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:BoP or BoE? Selling gear that is not useful to yourself would be awesome. Many of us love pve, others hate it, so transaction between the two kinds of people would be nice.
Go buy yourself some Rare Fortune. That's probably the only set that will ever be BoE. You're not buying dungeon sets in this game for gold. Hate on PvE all you want. :)

Aurandilaz

Post#20 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:BoP or BoE? Selling gear that is not useful to yourself would be awesome. Many of us love pve, others hate it, so transaction between the two kinds of people would be nice.
Go buy yourself some Rare Fortune. That's probably the only set that will ever be BoE. You're not buying dungeon sets in this game for gold. Hate on PvE all you want. :)
Nah, actually I'm a PvE lunatic, grinded Tovl and Lv and Gunbad, even random city dungeons out of boredom during last years of WAR. Had a collection of Torn Pages of Liber Mortis. ;)

Just wondering if I can do it on classes I like, sell stuff that I don't need, and maybe buy on classes that I'd rather not do PvE on?

I remember all those hours in old WAR pve instances, where people desperately wanted some gear drop but it would end up being for some random class that wasn't even in party.