Recent Topics

Ads

[Set Preview] Bloodlord

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: [Set Preview] Bloodlord

Post#31 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Drysill wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:45 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 am Considering sham/am set stats, please don't add less crit chance than on Oppressor set or it won't even be worth looking at.
Full Invader set for dps classes has 2% crit.. will be unfair Bloodlord to have more for off-specs dps

can have as 7th piece bonus +10% crit on Vaul/da Green tree skills as well
Invader is healer set for both classes and they raise crit by 11% with proc including flat stat bonus.

Nobody in dps spec uses attack skills in those paths. Bloordlord would be DoA the moment it comes out, with such a bonus.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Drysill

Post#32 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 am Considering sham/am set stats, please don't add less crit chance than on Oppressor set or it won't even be worth looking at.
Full Invader set for dps classes has 2% crit.. will be unfair Bloodlord to have more for off-specs dps

Invader is healer set for both classes and they raise crit by 11% with proc including flat stat bonus.

Nobody in dps spec uses attack skills in those paths. Bloordlord would be DoA the moment it comes out, with such a bonus.
I know... I want more crit% on dps too... but 2% is what i get. Why a dps-tank or dps-healer get more? its unfair.

its irrelevant that healer has 11% crit on heals.. stay on healer then and get your 11% heal-crit

or... increase crit% for all dps

Right tree is used, but only a couple of skills as often as middle tree for dps

jayjaywarrior

Post#33 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm

what about a full set = a renown tactic

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#34 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:42 pm Please do some nicer 6 and 7 pieces procs than before. Most are not worth taking against mixed sets for maxed stats, as previously said.

And please do this set with Cloak + Belt + Jewelry set, because number of options for these items are very limited and/or outdated.
Still only 3 sets with a cloak (Subjugator not in a set), and most of the time cloak options are very limited for most of classes (either BL for DPS or genesis for other classes, maybe subjugator but without set bonus).
And saving Sentinel set, no other PvE set gets a belt gear, so it's not possible to be fully geared with PvE only set pieces.
Finally, jewelry needs to be more present, adding one more will be good.
Or simply do Bloodlord without jewerly, but all 7 pieces including cloak and belt, I'm fine with that... ;)
This is not a suggestion. Give examples.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ysaran

Post#35 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:13 am

Since Sentinel was an hybrid set for Choppa I would expect nothing less from Bloodlord.
While I think Sentinel is quite good I found it a bit too defensive (1 def proc and anti-snare CD decreaser) and I would love to see an offensive proc (like the one which decrease armor) on Bloodlord that can compete with Vanquisher 4th bonus.
Another things that lack in Sentinel is the crit reduction bonus on pieces.
So to sum up: I would like to have 2 proc, one offensive and one defensive, and a crit reduction on one armor piece.
Zputadenti

Fenris78

Post#36 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:08 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:56 pm This is not a suggestion. Give examples.
Take main specced WP/DoK example (and may concern healers in general) ; using full Onslaught 5 pieces set leave the belt as an "orphan" piece, since no gear gets both cloak and belt (okay there are medic/brawler, but...).

So you have to use Sentinel (wich is offensive set) for jewel+belt bonus, and genesis/beastlord for the cloak+jewel, wich leave you only genesis if you want to have willpower as a healer (and belt still being orphan).

Completing onslaught + another set bonuses is very option limited, especially since switch of beastlord into off specs for healers (where nearly all other classes can still use, including tanks, but still they have same problem with full onslaught and belt).

That was my example to the suggestion of making Bloodlord set with cloak AND belt (ideally jewelry as well), to introduce more gear options to thoses two under-represented slots (cloak especially).

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#37 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:32 am

Drysill wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:20 pm

I know... I want more crit% on dps too... but 2% is what i get. Why a dps-tank or dps-healer get more? its unfair.

its irrelevant that healer has 11% crit on heals.. stay on healer then and get your 11% heal-crit

Which mdps got only 2% ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Drysill

Post#38 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:32 am
Drysill wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Which mdps got only 2% ?
Full invader set on WL/Mara has only 2% crit chance.

in addition, it gives 10% crit on a single tree, as we mentioned above.. the other two trees still just get 2% total crit..

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#39 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 pm

Depends the tree you play id say then
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ototo

Post#40 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Musica wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:37 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 pm
Musica wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:46 pm Mh, as of now we kinda lack a set that can provide a power spike with only 3 pieces like DP used to do and some classes really can't go for the "whole set" thinghy.
Please, consider "working" the bonuses to provide value in mixing this set with the previous end game sets.
I can't speak for many classes, but i can speak for BW and say that we really have a lackluster gear progression currently.
Unfortunately for your wishes, we've taken a design stance to make sets more valuable as you gain pieces to try and mitigate mixing sets as much as possible. If anything I would say BW suffers from a lack of variety in gear because they have no real defensive spec like other classes might, and solely need to stack crit and int to advance. By the time you reach Bloodlord, your Int is likely to be capped, and we're rather conservative with crit. So it will likely be a marginal upgrade, or unexciting side-grade for you.

If you're looking for significant gear progression as we go above RR50ish stuff, I will accept your disappointment in advance.
While i understand what you mean by "BW not having a def spec", i don't understand why being a class with only DPS has option we need to suffer from this. As much as you can get tanky on BW, your role is to blow yourself up with as many enemies as possible in the least amount of time.
Currently, i have all the sets that are worth something and the only missing one is Sentinel of which i will need only the accessory.
Invader and Sentinel both do not provide any upgrade over Onslaught and Vanquisher is still a better option all around.
The last two set introduced are there for show and, standing by your words, the next one is gonna be next to useless too.

If a class that's meant to do high-end dps while heavily self-damaging itself, can't progress more into the damage, can i ask you what plans do you have for BW players?
We do only that. Crit and DPS. If you don't make us advance there is really no point and we will be ultimately left behind by the others who are able to get consistent bonuses from new gear.

The only other viable option is to make a set that, if used fully, gives us a huge boost(Which comes then with a tradeoff in either RR abilities or tacts slot), and if you guys want to go for that, sure, but don't turn it in another Invader.
I hope i'm not coming off as rude or off-putting because i'm really just trying to understand what is the direction you guys have in mind.

Also, does this mean that DP set(If and when introduced) will be changed from the live version of it?
Full set bonus proposals:
*50% explosion chance reduction or damage reduction taken from explosions
*Heal over Time on self on casting [place name of a skill with 5-10 seconds cooldown here]
*On taking any damage (including explosions): X% chances of getting +Y wounds for Z seconds and you are healed for that amount (similar to SM blade enchantment)
*On casting any skill: X% chances to get +Y initiative for Z seconds (should be high enough to worth, in the 200+ range)
*On being hit: X% chances to get Juggernaut for Y seconds, making you inmune to all debuffs, cleansing all your current ones, and granting +Z% movement speed (this last part exists in Epic Quest tank weapons now)
*On enemy disrupt: X% chances to reduce their Willpower by Y for Z seconds
*On enemy avoid attack: X% chances to make then take Y unmitigated damage as revenge. Can only happens once each Z seconds

This kind of procs would make the stat stacking less attractive than wearing the full set. Are they powerful? Yeah, and that's the idea, cause they have to worth roughly the same as X+Y+Z stats from stacking other sets.

PD: I read again my comment. What I meant to say was that the 6-7 pieces bonus should be like these. Powerful enough so people have to choose between adding renown crit stacking sets, or main stat using full set. That choice should be a tough one, and right now is brainless. There is no powerful enough proc to compete with stacking 3 sets and going full renown crit.
Spoiler: