Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RuffRyder

Feedback and tweaks

Post#31 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi Max,

some things already have been mentioned, like miscalculation or displaying wrong lockout timers, as well as restricting only oRvR. I agree with it.

PvP flag alone is not enough imho, it could be bound to x minutes spent in an active zone maybe (few minutes like 5) to avoid punishing people for transitioning zones for PvE.

I also tend to e.g. log different toons/realms for a short time to do crafting or selling, checking mails, therefor the lockout is rather annoying.

If it's already the case that an account's (WAN) IP address is blocked I would suggest creating kind of a thumbprint of a player's PC, like considering some unique system information, to avoid the system being gamed.
Furthermore, for preventing the use of several different systems (although this case might be rare), you can link an account to a "pool" of systems used by it, similar to what Wargrimnir does when tracking multiboxing or account sharing.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#32 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:23 pm

ziomek wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:02 pm pls make this rvr only. not fair to punish pve and sc players where this xrealm is not even an issue (doubt it is even issue in rvr btw)
PvE - sure. Apparently RoR has a robust population of carebears :roll:, so we best keep them happy.

SC - definitely NO. Sitting in your Capital doing SCs waiting for a fort to pop before committing to the side most likely to win is exactly what this system is trying to prevent.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

zumos2

Post#33 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:29 pm

I don't understand why this full lockout system is even considered to be a good idea. If I'm playing scenarios on one side and then I want to go play with some guild members logging in on the other side its not possible. If I want to gear my character on destro on the side with PvE, whilst focusing on my order characters that is not possible. You're ruining the game to solve something that you can solve way easier. Instead of not being able to log in, just make it so you do not get any rewards whilst doing RvR. No renown, no medals etc for whatever time to be considered fair.

In addition, the "cross-realm" problem is exaggerated. The main problem is that Forts are just untakable from a certain population point onwards. So in prime time you know the defensive side is going to win anyway, so you might as well log there.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

zumos2

Post#34 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:36 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:23 pm PvE - sure. Apparently RoR has a robust population of carebears :roll:, so we best keep them happy.

SC - definitely NO. Sitting in your Capital doing SCs waiting for a fort to pop before committing to the side most likely to win is exactly what this system is trying to prevent.
So if I need emblems on my destruction character and Invader on my order toon, I'm not allowed to in your opinion? Don't you see how this system hurts way more than true cross-realming. That while there are solution possible that tackle the problem way more directly.

Gangan

Post#35 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:42 pm

The lockout is 90minutes from the point you log in. (At least that's how I get it). So if your doing SCS or pve on one side those 90 minutes should pass rather quick.

People are acting like they have to abandon all chars of one realm 🙄
Last edited by Gangan on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Gangan

Post#36 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:48 pm

zumos2 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:29 pm (...)
Instead of not being able to log in, just make it so you do not get any rewards whilst doing RvR. No renown, no medals etc for whatever time to be considered fair.
(...)
In fortresses there's already a system that prevents you from gaining anything after switching sides. But you have to participate on one side first to trigger this.
see patch notes
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

anarchypark

Post#37 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:13 pm

rvr flag trigger have problem too.
login - pop check - picking winning side.
or waiting in PvE until fort to pick defender.

healers get flagged by healing flagged player.

if trigger was actual entering in rvr rake, ppl would wait fort doing SC.

rvr flag lock won't prevent fort xrealm, IMO.

it sucks u can't follow friends or leaders in mmo.
but there's discord or something to find friend's activity.

to fix xrealm, public enemy #1, you have to give up some freedom.
it's not perfect but current form gives hassle to xrealm, reducing rate of it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ototo

Post#38 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 pm

In live server you could only pick one realm for a server, and nobody complained this hard. Would it be better if it was only triggered by RvR flag? Apparently, but "impossible to see the future is" like Yoda said. IMHO, for the people that want to simply enjoy the game it will be mostly a nuisance, and will only matter, like every other change, only to diehards.
Spoiler:

Ads
zumos2

Post#39 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:38 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:13 pm rvr flag trigger have problem too.
login - pop check - picking winning side.
or waiting in PvE until fort to pick defender.

healers get flagged by healing flagged player.

if trigger was actual entering in rvr rake, ppl would wait fort doing SC.

rvr flag lock won't prevent fort xrealm, IMO.

it sucks u can't follow friends or leaders in mmo.
but there's discord or something to find friend's activity.

to fix xrealm, public enemy #1, you have to give up some freedom.
it's not perfect but current form gives hassle to xrealm, reducing rate of it.
Not engaging in RvR (doing PvE or scenarios) and then when there is a Fort picking the defender of Fort is not really cross-realming. The problem there lies with the current Fort design, where with large numbers the defender is guarenteed to win. With the old fort design this wouldnt be a problem at all. If you combine the old fort design with getting no RvR rewards for lets say 60 mins if you were first flagged on one side and then swap to the other, I think all problems are solved.

zumos2

Post#40 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:40 pm

Ototo wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:23 pm In live server you could only pick one realm for a server, and nobody complained this hard. Would it be better if it was only triggered by RvR flag? Apparently, but "impossible to see the future is" like Yoda said. IMHO, for the people that want to simply enjoy the game it will be mostly a nuisance, and will only matter, like every other change, only to diehards.
When you could only have characters on one side since launch of the game cannot be compared to here, where everyone could make characters on both sides from the start. Many have put much time into both destruction and order characters on this server.