Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Darks63

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#21 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:48 am

People can still use a 2nd account if they are truly determined to CR so i dont see how this is anything but a bandaid.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
normanis

Post#22 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:36 am

i think its great idea. even 2 accounts share same ip adress. no more this **** in rvr bring ram to keep take keep and than log cross faction to easy peasy defense and lagfeast.
p.s also i liked old fort system just increase cap by 1 wb on every side . 250 ppl in same location is not big problem byt when there is 600-700 its reaaly unplayable. and whant to mention that wis old fort system u need fight in rvr to get into fort. just add portals in wc (and xrealming if such was , was maden before fort and they didnt know if faction will lock it or xrealm or go do some pve)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Gangan

Post#23 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:13 am

Spoiler:
maraudermitu wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:38 am Its just a display bug. if you restart client a few times it should show the correct time. My Choppa however was deleted for no reason. Don't know if anyone else's toons are disappearing but beware.
Try to contact a GM. They should be able to restore it.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Gracely

Post#24 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:54 am

I still think a portal to a fort should be reinstated.

pepperoni420

Post#25 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:24 am

It seems a bit buggy. Everytime i restart the client i get a different timer. Had 77mins, 3mins, 3 hours. Restart it enough and sometimes it is just removed

Gangan

Post#26 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:29 am

Just logged in to test the new lockout-system. I ckecked my mail and AH on several chars and could freely switch between des and order multiple times.
After a while I got the 3h lockout and was limited to order. Restarting the game (not chrashing, just clicking quit) seems to mess with the timer as it showed a different value each time.
3h->2h->7h->48min-> no timer and I could log into my des-chars again.
Pächter des Wahnsinns

Psilord

Post#27 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am

You do so , as if the whole game is RvR only .
There are many more things the game has to optain .
PvE with epic-quest for example . SC wher also XRealming is NO problem . Farmin PQ for Armor .... thats only a few thins wich can be done without having disadvantage to RvR players .
But olso if you are going to make PQ you sometimes have to cross RvR zones ( ex on Chaos-side : thundermountain going to PQ / ex Order-side: to optain Jewel Item: Wordbreaker Band ) .

So for about 150 people who play RvR ( I know there where huge more while RR-Boost week , but normaly about 150 to 200 player are doing RvR , and a bit more DONT play RvR at this time !!!! ) . but they dont can play their stile , cause RvR-Play has a problem . SC-XRealmer would never be a problem at all , cause the time for a SC is to shourt for that .

So make this timer ONLY work on players who WANT PLAY RvR ! Thats fair an welcome !
Easily make a Popup for player wich enter RvR zone, if they want to play RvR .
When they say " YES " they can kill enemys and can get killed from enemys . / When they say " NO " they are not able to kill enemys ore get killed by enemys .
" Yes " also triggers the timer for 90 min / " No " dont triggers the timer .

Very easy and not a disadvantage for a hughe number of players .

Gangan

Post#28 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:44 am

Psilord wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:32 am (...)
When they say " YES " they can kill enemys and can get killed from enemys . / When they say " NO " they are not able to kill enemys ore get killed by enemys .
(...)
This would surely create some problems, e.g. you could easily have invincible scouts tracking enemy movement, blocking ram-spots and so on.
I would recommend to tie it to the RvR-flagging. You have usualy a few seconds before you get flagged after entering an rvr-area. Maybe pop a notification telling about the lockout to help new players.

Having to cross RvR to reach PvE is a rare exception imo and you will spend some time doing PvE anyway, so a rather short timer shouldn't hurt that much.
Pächter des Wahnsinns

Ads
ziomek

Post#29 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:02 pm

pls make this rvr only. not fair to punish pve and sc players where this xrealm is not even an issue (doubt it is even issue in rvr btw)

Orcje

Post#30 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:19 pm

locked to order for 47 minutes.
left to do some house chores, came back, lockout 10 hour
reselected server lockout 3 hours
reselected server no more lockout