Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Xergon

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#111 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:22 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:12 am Well you could switch to order but you probably wouldn't get enough contribution to get a fort reservation.
And the suggestion to start the timer by logging out and reduce it, could be badly abused. Would be really easy, you just logg in and immediatly log out. So the low timer would start. Now you can play the locked faction.
No idea what r u talking about... how it can be abused ? You play destro, u want to switch to order but u can't because the moment u log out from destro faction u getting lock timer starting INSTEAD of how it is now, u play destro and if in next 1h fort happen and there is nothing that stops u to play order.

The contribution and cap on fort is working in both situations similar.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Lithenir

Post#112 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:47 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:22 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:12 am Well you could switch to order but you probably wouldn't get enough contribution to get a fort reservation.
And the suggestion to start the timer by logging out and reduce it, could be badly abused. Would be really easy, you just logg in and immediatly log out. So the low timer would start. Now you can play the locked faction.
No idea what r u talking about... how it can be abused ? You play destro, u want to switch to order but u can't because the moment u log out from destro faction u getting lock timer starting INSTEAD of how it is now, u play destro and if in next 1h fort happen and there is nothing that stops u to play order.

Well it's pretty easy to abuse. So I log in to destro and when I logout I get the lockout timer for destro, means I can only play destro from that moment on right? So what exactly does stop me from logging in and immediatly log out to start the lockout timer before actually playing to make sure I have the lowest timer possible in case I want to switch the faction?

Xergon

Post#113 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:45 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:47 pm

Well it's pretty easy to abuse. So I log in to destro and when I logout I get the lockout timer for destro, means I can only play destro from that moment on right? So what exactly does stop me from logging in and immediatly log out to start the lockout timer before actually playing to make sure I have the lowest timer possible in case I want to switch the faction?
ofc it will stop u, if u log out u have lets say 40min lock timer, if u log in again to the same faction and log out, ur timer will reset back to 40min so no point in doing what u just said...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Lithenir

Post#114 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:45 pm

ofc it will stop u, if u log out u have lets say 40min lock timer, if u log in again to the same faction and log out, ur timer will reset back to 40min so no point in doing what u just said...
In that case I missunderstood. It didn't came to my mind that you really want to limit players freedom to an absolute minimum.
Let's assume ppl usually have 2 hrs playing time on working days. Right now they log into the faction they played the day before. After a while they want to switch faction, maybe because they constantly lose or because most of their guild logged into the other faction or whatever. So now they can switch the faction and get the lockout, but for the rest of their short spare time that day they can play. It is at least kind of freedom.
What you are suggesting makes that impossible. Your suggestion actually forces people to stay away from the game until the lockout timer is over. Back to the working ppl with limited spare time a day. Let's say I logged in and after a while, maybe 30 minutes, I lost a lot and most of my guild logged in on the other faction. Frustration grows and so on. So I want to play the other faction, but I cannot because of the timer. So the game forces me to stay away from it for lets take your 40 minutes. So from my 2 hrs spare time that day I already have 40 minutes in which I have to do something als than playing. Ofc I could come back and play for around 50 minutes, but maybe I find some other thing to do in the 40 minutes the game forces me to stay away and won't come back.

I think your suggestion will bleed out the game

Xergon

Post#115 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:05 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:10 pm
Xergon wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:45 pm

In that case I missunderstood. It didn't came to my mind that you really want to limit players freedom to an absolute minimum.
Let's assume ppl usually have 2 hrs playing time on working days. Right now they log into the faction they played the day before. After a while they want to switch faction, maybe because they constantly lose or because most of their guild logged into the other faction or whatever. So now they can switch the faction and get the lockout, but for the rest of their short spare time that day they can play. It is at least kind of freedom.
What you are suggesting makes that impossible. Your suggestion actually forces people to stay away from the game until the lockout timer is over. Back to the working ppl with limited spare time a day. Let's say I logged in and after a while, maybe 30 minutes, I lost a lot and most of my guild logged in on the other faction. Frustration grows and so on. So I want to play the other faction, but I cannot because of the timer. So the game forces me to stay away from it for lets take your 40 minutes. So from my 2 hrs spare time that day I already have 40 minutes in which I have to do something als than playing. Ofc I could come back and play for around 50 minutes, but maybe I find some other thing to do in the 40 minutes the game forces me to stay away and won't come back.

I think your suggestion will bleed out the game
U thinking is kinda funny, because, u saying "i lost a lot and most of my guild logged in on the other faction" well as i guild if u want to play together u should decide it together before u enter game (through discord for example). And yes thats stricking players freedom to absolute minimum, because if they get any freedom they abuse it, pretty simple.

But what other thing that ppl here suggested and which i agree on aswell is applying lockouts to rewards instead of playing, there would be no lockout for u to switch between factions, but when u do, u will get no rewards for some amount of time, so XREALMING would be not benefiting but still give u freedom to choose...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Sulorie

Post#116 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Seems to be really hard to pick one side and stay there for a session.

Even without 3rd party chat, which you should use in a guild, there are options.

After being logged in for 5-10min or flagging for pvp, you get locked to one side.

This allows you to swap between chars and realms to check mail, auction house and guild activity.
You stay locked to that side for some meaningful time, at least some hours. For normal working schedules, this locks you to one side for the day. When you have time to play the whole day, then you will have the option to swap, when timer is done.

When timer is gone and you log out and back in to the same realm, you get locked again after 5-10min.

The game should give feedback about the time left on faction lock and all related information. One more chat command does no harm.

Back on live we were locked for 8 hours and it was fine.
When you want to do dungeons on a certain char, commit to that realm and when it makes you feel better, blame realm hoppers for the restrictions.
Dying is no option.

Detangler

Post#117 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:09 pm Seems to be really hard to pick one side and stay there for a session.

Even without 3rd party chat, which you should use in a guild, there are options.

After being logged in for 5-10min or flagging for pvp, you get locked to one side.
I was gonna suggest this after reading thru this thread but you beat me to it. You get 5 min to say hi to your guildies, see where everyone is, or check the AH.

Could someone log off and log back on before the 5 minutes? Sure, but they can't do scenarios, cant do orvr in any real capacity, cant contribute. if they really want to spend their gaming time logging out and logging back in and hoping a fort happens, well... let them lead their sad pathetic little lives i say :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Lithenir

Post#118 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:41 am

It's not like I have a problem with a lockout timer, I just had a problem with the suggestion of the timer starting with log out. Because it just takes away too much.

Yes on live there were 8 hrs, starting by switching the faction. So you actually had the free choice to log in to the realm you played the day before and then switch if you decided you want to.

Ads
k0ri3

Post#119 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:57 am

the problem is T1 can no longer be balanced. That makes T1 not worth playing. :( pls fix it for t1 characters because faction switching is crucial for balance of its already low population.

ps
I think this is a bit of a bad implement all together. instead of faction lockouts etc. rvr needs to be expanded on which encourages teams to be united so loyalty of the player is formed during gameplay naturally discouraging players from wanting to switch sides.

rvr updates like:
more bos
more difficult supply situations (different kind from different locations and different quantities needed for keep support ie ammunition, spawn bodies, guard upgrades, etc)

i think t"2" is not worth playing at all because its a pony show which revolves around running from even fights, big over populated sloppy WB "lobbies" which are meaningless at the end of the day. it needs more mechanics which makes the player become more involved in the battle. more bos, special supply from bos, more keeps open at one time, more campaign capacity to the RVR itself. as it is now its just a big number show of too high of population fighting in broken gear based mechanics.. it sux! no individual unit is important, tactics are not important, its just chase pony leader to bo, fight enemy if higher numbers or caught off guard wipe wb.. (which is where most players switch anyway) and it goes on and on. the RVR mechanics need help BIG TIME!

TY!

please fix lockout timer for T1!
Thank you!! ^^

anarchypark

Post#120 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:58 am

then let's make it 8 hours like live.
simple.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)