Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lithenir

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#91 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:58 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm We made the xRealm lockout stricter in the most recent patch.

The lock is only applied when you switch realm. If you played last night on Order and today you log into Order there will be no lock applied. If you then switch to Destruction then you will be locked to Destro for 90 mins.

So if you log back in to the last realm you played you won't be locked.
This doesn't work properly right now. Since the last patch I get the lockout timer when I lock an Order toon after I played Order the night before. So basically I get the timer every day I start playing.

Ads
blakokami

Post#92 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:02 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:58 pm
MaxHayman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm We made the xRealm lockout stricter in the most recent patch.

The lock is only applied when you switch realm. If you played last night on Order and today you log into Order there will be no lock applied. If you then switch to Destruction then you will be locked to Destro for 90 mins.

This doesn't work properly right now. Since the last patch I get the lockout timer when I lock an Order toon after I played Order the night before. So basically I get the timer every day I start playing.
same
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

martholomew

Post#93 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm
Psilord wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 pm It seems that all players who do not exclusively play (or want to play) RvR are forced to submit to the rules of RvR players.
It may make sense that this mechanic has its advantages in RvR, but only there.
Now, however, those players should also be punished for having some XRealmer in RvR. And now all players have to pay for some players to do this. This problem with the XRealmer has existed for over 10 years, but now the crowbar is to be used without any compromises and a system is to be introduced for everyone, which has only a few advantages. The rest are not you hardcore players with RR80 ++, and therefore one is of the opinion that this collateral damage is to be accepted.

RvR the system is ok, but not for PvE, PQ and SC.

Thank you
This is the way.
This is the way.
Magus 40/78

Ototo

Post#94 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:21 pm

martholomew wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:33 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:35 pm
Spoiler:
Psilord wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 pm It seems that all players who do not exclusively play (or want to play) RvR are forced to submit to the rules of RvR players.
It may make sense that this mechanic has its advantages in RvR, but only there.
Now, however, those players should also be punished for having some XRealmer in RvR. And now all players have to pay for some players to do this. This problem with the XRealmer has existed for over 10 years, but now the crowbar is to be used without any compromises and a system is to be introduced for everyone, which has only a few advantages. The rest are not you hardcore players with RR80 ++, and therefore one is of the opinion that this collateral damage is to be accepted.

RvR the system is ok, but not for PvE, PQ and SC.

Thank you
This is the way.
This is the way.
So say we all.
Spoiler:

Psilord

Post#95 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:36 pm

Warhammer Online RoR has 2 different types of players.
1.) the RR80 + players who are always only play with one character and permanently only play RvR
2.) the occasional RvR players who do what they enjoy and mostly populate the world outside of RvR (except Tier 1).

For the players in the first group, the players in the second group pose a security risk, because the XRealmers come from their ranks, and this represents the cannon fodder they need, so that group1 are not just among their own. Otherwise group 1 would be bored again. But to give the 2nd group the freedom to do what they want, the 1st group cannot accept it as long as the 2nd group players are in their RvR.

Group 2 must therefore be regulated, even if most players in this group only occasionally or rarely go RvR. And this is an attempt (as has been the case in history) to create a dictatorship of the minority over the masses.

I was able to try out the difference between the two groups myself yesterday. I was able to compete with my 40/45 Marauder against a 40/80 rune priest who was only allowed to do so. The highest crit in a period of 3 minutes was 195 dmg !!! These are really 2 worlds that you want to bring together under brutal violence. And every new armor which comes in Game is only made for Group 1 and only lets the gap grow ...

blechkautz

Post#96 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Since we have a new lockout: Can you please remove the malus for aao in rvr?

Caffeine

Post#97 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:29 pm

We are open to feedback and are looking to improve the system. So if you have any constructive feedback please post.

Please keep feedback on topic and focus more on improving the system, possible exceptions, etc.
Would it be possible to make the lockout only apply after a character is flagged for RvR?

The current lockout system gets in the way of activities that have nothing to do with leeching rewards in RvR like organizing tournament fights, checking auction house, setting up addons on different characters and so on.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Snoxx

Post#98 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:45 pm

The lockout should only apply to those who played RvR.

nuff said!

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#99 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:16 pm

Caffeine wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:29 pm

We are open to feedback and are looking to improve the system. So if you have any constructive feedback please post.

Please keep feedback on topic and focus more on improving the system, possible exceptions, etc.
Would it be possible to make the lockout only apply after a character is flagged for RvR?

The current lockout system gets in the way of activities that have nothing to do with leeching rewards in RvR like organizing tournament fights, checking auction house, setting up addons on different characters and so on.
You clearly understand why this check exists. If you think with just a little bit of scrutiny over whether a check will work, it should be fairly obvious that leaving a loophole for the sake of players that don't abuse a check, would very quickly become abused by players that will. All they need to do is wait outside of rvr until the conditions are ripe for them to take advantage of. This is even more counter intuitive if we left such a loophole open as players would then be encouraged to not do rvr at all until the opportunity that this check specifically limits presents itself.

If you can suggest an alternative that both limits this behavior as we intend and preserves the freedoms of players then go for it, but your current suggestion does not help us achieve our goals.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aurandilaz

Post#100 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:51 pm

Add a 60 min timer to debuff renown gains to 0 when switching realm? I mostly hop around checking mail, AH, doing crafting, finding pve group, doing some dungeon and maybe another on the other side.
Now I'm mostly limiting myself to destro coz of the actual restriction of not being able to log to my order alts, even if it were just to search for a pve group so I can finish my sentinel jewel farm or next gunbad wards.

The buff to logging underdog in rvr would then counter said "no renown"-debuff, so you effectively have +/- 0 effect - apart from allowing more freedom for players to actually play.

and apart from massive logging to defending side, don't really remember much "abuse" over last years of free realm switching (and even those huge defender numbers stemmed from cities, dungeons, scs emptying for a fort defence + calls in guild/alliance discords to gather people to farm the inv currency)

current system does not prevent people from logging to larger side, and doesn't really address the fort situation at all - so don't see any benefit over keeping it. and if some ppl like switching to blobbing side, let them, more targets to kill for those who have learned to love the AAO.