Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
marafado
Suspended

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#191 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:51 pm

organized guilds xrealming to help ror ballance :)
but why warwam don't sounds a good name for a pvp game!?

Ads
Bignusty

Post#192 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:16 am

marafado wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:51 pm organized guilds xrealming to help ror ballance :)
Sry but its wrong . When you get a -100 pop players on a side to the other side there are no guild xrealming to balance . I know players want to play all their characters but Devs you need to think about the game and the repercussion for both side when the xrealming begin.

The locktout 90 min isnt enough you need to be uncompromising about this cause its a game breacking.

hammerhead

Post#193 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:40 am

I think it is necessary to introduce a bonus system for 40/40 +. For example, if you play for more than two days, you will receive a 5% bonus to the RR. If more than two weeks, then 10%. If you are a real order/destro patriot and have been playing for a faction for more than a month, then you will add 1 medal to all lock according to your RR level. Further, if your character is 80+ and you did not go for another faction within a week, then you get a 10% discount from all vendors, to all other bonuses.
(\|)o0(|/)

txtsd

Post#194 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:52 pm

This would be great if it were only for PvP. I tend to not do PvP so if I want to switch sides to quest and level up, it's an unnecessary hindrance.

Starx

Post#195 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Bignusty wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:16 am
marafado wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:51 pm organized guilds xrealming to help ror ballance :)
Sry but its wrong . When you get a -100 pop players on a side to the other side there are no guild xrealming to balance . I know players want to play all their characters but Devs you need to think about the game and the repercussion for both side when the xrealming begin.

The locktout 90 min isnt enough you need to be uncompromising about this cause its a game breacking.
That's not what happens. Lets say theres 200 order vs 100 destro in praag, order starts to siege a keep. Now what happens is all the people just afking or doing scs on destro see the keep is sieged and go def to get easy RR because defending a keep has always been extremely lucrative RR wise, now its 200 v 200, and becuase of how choke points works in this game with 24 man AoE instead of 9 from live its extremely skewed towards defenders. Now 100 people on order say **** it im not getting farmed at the keep anymore and **** now its 200 destro vs 100 order. It's not cross realming, it never has been. just smooth brain idiots on forums crying about **** they dont understand.

Meanwhile people who play in small scale guilds get **** over because they love to go on the underdog side and farm baddies with AAO for huge gains, now with lockout and impending cities you are stuck on one side. Lockout timer was also abused for a very long time with VPNs and now people changing their hardware ID's. The lockout system is stupid, who the **** is switching sides to go afk infront of a keep with a ram while you get farmed by 100 rdps on the walls? Thats the definition of boring, not to mention defenders literally get more rewards than attackers on this server, IF ANYTHING people are cross realming to defend stuff not zerg.

lyncher12

Post#196 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:27 pm

Starx wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:36 pm
Bignusty wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:16 am

That's not what happens. Lets say theres 200 order vs 100 destro in praag, order starts to siege a keep. Now what happens is all the people just afking or doing scs on destro see the keep is sieged and go def to get easy RR because defending a keep has always been extremely lucrative RR wise, now its 200 v 200, and becuase of how choke points works in this game with 24 man AoE instead of 9 from live its extremely skewed towards defenders. Now 100 people on order say **** it im not getting farmed at the keep anymore and **** now its 200 destro vs 100 order. It's not cross realming, it never has been. just smooth brain idiots on forums crying about **** they dont understand.

Meanwhile people who play in small scale guilds get **** over because they love to go on the underdog side and farm baddies with AAO for huge gains, now with lockout and impending cities you are stuck on one side. Lockout timer was also abused for a very long time with VPNs and now people changing their hardware ID's. The lockout system is stupid, who the **** is switching sides to go afk infront of a keep with a ram while you get farmed by 100 rdps on the walls? Thats the definition of boring, not to mention defenders literally get more rewards than attackers on this server, IF ANYTHING people are cross realming to defend stuff not zerg.
exactly
the problem is a big portion of the community suffers not only from a victim mentality but mob mentality. not sure what happened to cultivate it

dwyur

Post#197 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:43 pm

90 minute xrealm timer should be 90 (or 60) minutes once you log out, not log in or are flagged.

Having the timer run while playing on a faction doesn't prevent xrealming. Having a 60 or 90 minute locked in timer from when you log out (if you are PvP flagged or have been flagged _ amount of time ago when logging out) prevents that immediate log in to the other side, and 60 minutes isn't like you have to quit for the day if you want to play other side. Just prevents you from participating in the current RvR situation, on both realms, instantly.

edit; whelp guess this has been suggested continuously since thread began
but yeah 60 minutes from log out makes most sense to me
Last edited by dwyur on Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Flowson
Game Artist

Post#198 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:43 pm

How does this solution prevent xgamers avoid this trick by simple setting up 2 accounts? 1 for order and another email for destro? Right now its just a sanction for players who use 1 account to swtich destro and order.

Ads
Parallels66

Post#199 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:12 pm

is there any way to change the xrealmer system at all to make it more alt friendly? currently if im wanting to play my magus alt from my order main, even if im JUST queue scenarios i get locked out for that 90mins...imo if you're JUST queueing scenarios it shouldnt lock you out from the other faction as scenarios has literally 0 impact upon keep/fort/city pushes, you should only get locked out when you get flagged for open rvr pvp.
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]

Nebuchadnezzar

Post#200 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:07 pm

Parallels66 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:12 pm is there any way to change the xrealmer system at all to make it more alt friendly? currently if im wanting to play my magus alt from my order main, even if im JUST queue scenarios i get locked out for that 90mins...imo if you're JUST queueing scenarios it shouldnt lock you out from the other faction as scenarios has literally 0 impact upon keep/fort/city pushes, you should only get locked out when you get flagged for open rvr pvp.
+1, QoL improvement I'd like to see as well