Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Post#1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 am

Now that players have had the fun and experianced the fortress lords and attempted to figure out their mechanic and succeeeded in that task I will write down the mechanics here for the lords:

Shared on all lords:

Adds hatred for the opposing race (high elf lord will hate dark elf players more)
Lords scale their HP based on number of participants in the fort
Lords hp scale even further for more BOs that defenders held in stage 2
Some general lord abilities that are not adding much in terms of mechanics

Dwarf:
Every so often the lord will spawn a bugmans brew keg, as long as this keg is alive the boss is immune to damage and will riposte back at attackers.

Empire:
Every so often the lord will spawn a poison cauldron that will ooze AOE damage to the attackers, it will continue to do so until it has been destroyed.

Chaos:

Will periodically reset everyones hatred down to 1.

Greenskin:
Every so often the lord will spawn a effigy, as long as this effigy is alive the boss is immune to damage and will riposte back at attackers.

Dark Elf:
Every so often the lord will spawn a poison cauldron that will ooze AOE damage to the attackers, it will continue to do so until it has been destroyed.

High Elf:
Will periodically reset everyones hatred down to 1.

Also note that all lords have dialog messages on each of these ability uses.

Ads
madrocks
Suspended

Re: Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Post#2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:47 am

Transparency right there! Nice information. Thank you Natherul.
Lutz

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:51 am

forgot 2 scaing properties for all lords that I have added.

I reserve the right to ofc update OP in the case that I have forgotten something else or that something changes in the future.

Aurandilaz

Post#4 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:40 pm

please make targeting some of the objects easier
for example, the dwarf keg in Stonewatch has a model with maybe 20ft size, the actual object you can click is maybe 2-3ft area. With lag + only ST attacks, its somewhat difficult to get it as target considering tab targeting it doesn't make it the target.

Sithras

Post#5 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm

The keg mechanic is not a good idea: Order need to def a room with only 1 tight enter to win Fort.

Detangler

Post#6 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 pm

So all those times players were complaining that the "shield" mechanic was scaled too high for low population fort sieges and were stating they couldn't do any damage while they tried to hot the lord for 20 minutes were just not hitting the keg/effigy the entire time. That's pretty funny....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 pm So all those times players were complaining that the "shield" mechanic was scaled too high for low population fort sieges and were stating they couldn't do any damage while they tried to hot the lord for 20 minutes were just not hitting the keg/effigy the entire time. That's pretty funny....
That was an old mechanic thats no longer used. And was not a shield but a lifesteal proc on lord. Before the Green and dorf lords gained proc buffs based on stage 2 defense of BOs. No longer used.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:55 pm

HE and Chaos lord mechanic seem immaterial. I mean half the time I don't know what they do while tanking them and they just seem like a straight tank and dps fight... and they are by far the easiest one

Any plans to level out the difficulty level across the lords? Right now it's:

-Farm HE/Chaos - tank and spank, easy medals
-Annoying Dwarf/Greenskin boss (takes a long time to kill)
-Empire/DE - hell no, no poison fort, don't push reikland or CW you noobs (in regions chats)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#9 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:00 pm

wpc56 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:55 pm HE and Chaos lord mechanic seem immaterial. I mean half the time I don't know what they do while tanking them and they just seem like a straight tank and dps fight... and they are by far the easiest one

Any plans to level out the difficulty level across the lords? Right now it's:

-Farm HE/Chaos - tank and spank, easy medals
-Annoying Dwarf/Greenskin boss (takes a long time to kill)
-Empire/DE - hell no, no poison fort, don't push reikland or CW you noobs (in regions chats)
The lords where never intended to be equal in difficulty no, though some ideas exsist to change HE and CH lords as they are simply boring.

dansari

Post#10 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:04 pm

Natherul wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:35 pm
Detangler wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 pm So all those times players were complaining that the "shield" mechanic was scaled too high for low population fort sieges and were stating they couldn't do any damage while they tried to hot the lord for 20 minutes were just not hitting the keg/effigy the entire time. That's pretty funny....
That was an old mechanic thats no longer used. And was not a shield but a lifesteal proc on lord. Before the Green and dorf lords gained proc buffs based on stage 2 defense of BOs. No longer used.
rofl, funny indeed detangler.
<Salt Factory>