Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Scenario Matchmaking Test

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nameless

Re: Ranked Scenario Matchmaking Test

Post#21 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Vayra wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:13 pm
shadowcraft22 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:21 pm is there a level requirement to participate in this testing? do you have to be cr40 or can anyone join?
For ranked SC you need to be level 40 and have a certain gear level (think it's minimum item lvl 40-45).
that cant be true cos i run [Shadowy Ring of Warpstone] which lvl is quite lower. They may be take total item stats or something but to check only items levels is counter productive cos there are good items with relativity lower level
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Vayra

Post#22 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:13 pm

Nameless wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:41 pm
Vayra wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:13 pm
shadowcraft22 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:21 pm is there a level requirement to participate in this testing? do you have to be cr40 or can anyone join?
For ranked SC you need to be level 40 and have a certain gear level (think it's minimum item lvl 40-45).
that cant be true cos i run [Shadowy Ring of Warpstone] which lvl is quite lower. They may be take total item stats or something but to check only items levels is counter productive cos there are good items with relativity lower level
Might not count jewels, but I was unable to queue when I was using a too low level belt.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

StaH84

Post#23 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:49 am

Devs do You need any feedback on a topic?
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

Omegus

Post#24 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:11 pm

This felt like a very smooth test and as a healer in the mid-tier bracket there was almost no delay between the matches nor any real serious bugs encountered. Nice job :).

Some minor pieces of feedback:

1) People declining the invite. I understand 6v5 games being cancelled due to team size imbalance, but please would you consider cancelling anything that isn't a 6v6? I ended up with one 5v5 game (I can't remember if the archetypes were equal on both sides or not) and it didn't feel "right". 5v5 with 2 healers per side also has a much higher chance of leading to an endless stalemate of zero kills per side.

2) if a scenario is cancelled could you pop up a basic message box to explain it was cancelled as not everyone accepted the invite? Just improves the user experience a little bit.

3) I can see ranked solo potentially being abused if people from the same guild/alliance queue up at the same time in the same bracket and get put into the same scenario, allowing them to easily communicate on discord. One of my final matches had 3 destro from the same guild in my scenario and the difference was very noticable. I know it's not perfect but if ranked ends up with the population for it then it might be worth trying to split up guilds/alliances from being in the same scen if this gets abused. It can still be abused via guildless chars/alts but it could help cut out some of the cases.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Yaeger

Post#25 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am

Did they lower the rewards? Only got one oppressor for loss.

Vayra

Post#26 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:38 am

Yaeger wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am Did they lower the rewards? Only got one oppressor for loss.
Test was time-limited, yes.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Yaeger

Post#27 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:47 am

TY