Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rasenmeister

Re: Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Post#51 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:38 pm

Charon wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:25 pm
Destro have access to 2 ondemand stackable cooldown decreasers - when order have only one which required hit provide immunities etc ... So BO should lose WAAAGH or order should get 2 ability like that for example for AM which need some love anyway.
No problem - rework slayer rampage (mirror to choppas KoC), and full-mirror vigilance to oppression (armor and 15% reduce )

seriously, 25% is a lot. 10% is not enough - given the large amount of crit in some classes.

But anyway - "Any time you critically hit an enemy" - dead-born tactic in tank spec
Last edited by Rasenmeister on Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#52 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:38 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:37 pm
Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 pm This is unbelievably idiotic, to say the least.

Why turn Corruptive Power into an OFFENSIVE tactic (requiring you to crit the enemy now) while remaining in the TANK tree for Chosen?

Revert the changes back to the original change but lessen the % maybe? 10%? 15%?

EDIT: Also, now it doesn't apply to the Chosen himself? Hahahaha. Funny joke. Right?
It provides defensive benefit to your team. That's why it's in the defensive tree.
It still requires you to crit someone. How is a tank-specced Chosen supposed to have an even remote chance to keep it up?

Karl

Post#53 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Thx a bunch for this and your hard work, and yes i kinda feel bad for bitching - thx again :)

on a side note - "tl;dr whirly axe goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" made me spit my coffee on my key board, well played xD

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#54 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:38 pm
Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 pm This is unbelievably idiotic, to say the least.

Why turn Corruptive Power into an OFFENSIVE tactic (requiring you to crit the enemy now) while remaining in the TANK tree for Chosen?

Revert the changes back to the original change but lessen the % maybe? 10%? 15%?

EDIT: Also, now it doesn't apply to the Chosen himself? Hahahaha. Funny joke. Right?
It provides defensive benefit to your team. That's why it's in the defensive tree.
It still requires you to crit someone. How is a tank-specced Chosen supposed to have an even remote chance to keep it up?
By speccing renown, gear, or for that free 15% crit tactic that Chosen gets.

Detangler

Post#55 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:43 pm

My feedback: throw the darts at the board again to re pick Chosen and Knight balance changes.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ramlaen

Post#56 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Excellent post, thank you for the public fredback.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

farng84

Post#57 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:23 pm If you want to optimize the use of this tactic then you'll need additional crit rate in order for it to proc more reliably. There are a limited number of mastery tree slots that can be used and as a defensive buff it's fine in the middle tree. It's low enough that you can pick it up as an option with 2h if you want to. I know it must be really hard for some classes to have so many good tactics they might have to choose between them.

Keep in mind this replaced the -AP tactic that was entirely useless. You're complaining about something that doesn't need to exist. If you don't like the option don't use it.

Also the other thing, Oppression is clearly a defensive buff, it refers to a shield slam, and it's in the shield tree. The icon for Vigilance is literally a picture of a shield. We understand there is a desire to keep all of the defensive buffs while using an offensive two-handed spec.
Sorry Wargrim but I have to disagree, as explained in the initial post this tactic works as Knight's dirty tricks (which is true), but it is inferior to its mirror (yes it is a mirror) because it requires a defensive tank to perform a crit, while the KOTBS version requires a defensive tank to block.
The KOTBS version could be almost constantly up (unless the guy throw away his shield and go afk in the backlines), while the Chosen version will rarely activate (e.g. while holding the line KOTBS is still pumping his allies with crit chance, chosen must be attacking and crit to reduce the chance to be critted of destro toons).
While it is true that Corruptive power reduces by 8% and not 5% like dirty tricks the difference in potential uptime is just too big

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#58 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:43 pm My feedback: throw the darts at the board again to re pick Chosen and Knight balance changes.
We have run out of darts due to cuts in funding from lack of drama. So we had to cause controversy on the forums to order new darts.

Ads
Rasenmeister

Post#59 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 pm By speccing renown, gear, or for that free 15% crit tactic that Chosen gets.
It was good tactic for dps chosen (6x6 format)
but pointless in tank spec.
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

farng84

Post#60 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:48 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 pm
Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:38 pm

By speccing renown, gear, or for that free 15% crit tactic that Chosen gets.
I hope you noticed that Oppressing Blows (I guess you are referring to that) requires you to wield a great weapon. That is not very good for a tank spec Chosen.
Moreover the difference in uptime between this tactic and knight's dirty trick is still a big issue