Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Oglaf
Suspended

Re: Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Post#71 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:11 pm

Lorsten wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:06 pm
Secrets wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:42 pm
Oglaf wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:38 pm

It still requires you to crit someone. How is a tank-specced Chosen supposed to have an even remote chance to keep it up?
By speccing renown, gear, or for that free 15% crit tactic that Chosen gets.
So you suggest to invest RP in crit, take 2 useless tactics for snb chosen, just to make this reworked ability anyway near viable? Sure -25% crit was just rofl from devs (sure its OP, no idea how it got implemented).
But that rework? Really? For what? on top of just making it unviable for snb chosen it ruined some snb chosen builds due to swap abilities in trees...
I cant see any chosen take this tactic in competative WB's
It is literally ONLY somewhat viable in ranked 6v6 on 2h Chosen. Nowhere else. And even there it is questionable.

Ads
Gareul

Post#72 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:14 pm

I recommend a revert and go back to the drawing board on this please.
Firstly Chosen/Kotbs didn't need any urgent rework buff or nerf compared to other tanks suffering bugs and mechanic problems. Punishing the offending Order classes outputting to much dps by takeing 1 destruction class and makeing it give a blanket debuff/buff is also not the answer it cripples other specs, 10% is still allot and its basically giveing out free RR points to destruction. Try bringing down AoE on SW abit since it is overperforming since the latest fixes, please think of the overall health of all classes affected by crit reduction.

Helltrain

Post#73 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:15 pm

I'm not a WH player but lets do actual comparaison : lets say WH and Fury has 30% crit + 7% from Sov proc, now add up Dirty trick and Corrosive Power, this lead to WH 32% (37% +5% -10%) and fury 37%.
Let say your target have -10% crit rate. Thus lead to 22% for WH and 27% for Fury.
So at equal setup, Fury will have 22.7% more crit rate chance than WH.

Now lets see if only Corrosive Power is up and the same -10% crit target. The WH will have 17% ( 37% -10% -10%) and fury 27%.
The Fury will have 58.8% more crit rate chance than WH against Corrosive Power only.

If only Dirty trick is up and the same -10% crit target. The WH will have 32% (37% +5% -10%) and Fury still 27%.
The WH will have 18.5% more crit rate chance than Fury.

This doesn't look fair at all.

I think the conversion +crit to -crit will only work if both realm have the said ability.

BulletTea2

Post#74 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:29 pm

Secrets asked for feedback in ingame chat before server restart and did not specify about what topic so here it is.

PvE progression takes a bit too long in a PvP focused game. Gunbad felt fine, 3 runs with 3 days lockout is quickly done however after that you need to do 4 runs bb/be for the greater ward with a longer lockout, also 4 runs of infl to get the first reward (and then even more for jewelry since its the elite reward), then again 4 runs BS for the full BL set not including cloak with even longer lockout than bb/be.
Two friends I started out with and myself got BS set and 1. influence rewards from BS (2 runs) before acquiring greater ward from Sentinel set so we could'nt even equip it.
Would be cool if the lockouts could be reduced for BS/BB/BE by a day and or the quests needing 3 runs for the full set like GB instead of 4.

Last but not least some classes, like WH/WE BW/Sorc, benefit a lot from ch22 rewards but they are insanly hard to acquire. The only times I saw someone advertise for ch22 runs was either people trolling their friends alá "ch22 group last spot left! pm @insertfriendsname for inv" or once every week or so there is a post in the PvE discord for ch22 but I am never online for those.
Maybe tune down the difficulty of ch22 to bb/be level so a decently geared group can 6 man ch22 and/or make the gear purchaseable with coins so you don't need one of the two goldbags to get a piece of onslaught or can grind it out with coins from other PQs.
Last edited by BulletTea2 on Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharpblader

Post#75 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:30 pm

Specialpatrol wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:29 pm Can we get some sort of response to the several objections already raised in this thread, regarding the (unneeded) shield requirement to Vigilance, please? Striking this unnecessary and and unwanted requirement would be much appreciated.

Because the icon has a shield....
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:23 pm Also the other thing, Oppression is clearly a defensive buff, it refers to a shield slam, and it's in the shield tree. The icon for Vigilance is literally a picture of a shield. We understand there is a desire to keep all of the defensive buffs while using an offensive two-handed spec.

Such an amazing explanation post for Chosen abilities but when it comes to the changes to the knight? Cause Chosen mirror and " a great weapon cannot be used for such a powerful defensive ability". Why? Have we forgotten that unlike Oppression, Vigilance causes knights to do 25% less damage for the entire duration were taking 50% less damage? Once again 2h knight receives nerf because of changes made to Chosen.

Now on a more serious note here are a couple of issues with Knights requiring shield for Vigilance:

1. A huge blow to lower RR 2H knights who will be forced to run SnB. Unless they choose to become a glass cannon immune to de-taunts and in the process become extremely gimped to carry out their basic class function (Guard).

2. The tactic Laurel of Victory will become obsolete. No SnB Knight will waste a tactic slot to maintain damage during vigilance especially without Mighty Soul tactic (removed). A wet noodle removing the 25% damage penalty will still be a wet noodle.

I hate to be snarky with people who put so much time and effort in creating something so amazing but my emotions get the better of me when I see my favourite class getting butchered patch after patch. For that I am sorry.

rodomeier

Post#76 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:34 pm

Abe wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:07 pm I sometimes make comments that are not as constructive as they could be. I intend to change, a full consideration of the efforts by the development team to provide this game and make a great effort to make it as playable and fun as possible is something i am thankkful for. I in the future intend to make the best of whatever comes and enjoy a game that a like quite a bit. Please keep up the the thankless effort to provide this game.
This ^

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

Koha

Post#77 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Nice and clever changes that relies on more than one assessment: role, lore, class mechanic. This one really need testing for fine tuning and before taking conclusions.

2H chosen can get pretty high in crit chance, it’s a good thing to force them to an off spec. Risk-reward.

My only concern is that it will affect more melee dps than rdps... first because it’s at melee range and second because they have lower crit chances.

In some ways it might not solve fort-city-scen win rate, which I think are more a problem of class composition than abilities or which side is op.
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#78 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:43 pm

Koha wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm

2H chosen can get pretty high in crit chance, it’s a good thing to force them to an off spec. Risk-reward.
No-one in their right mind would take it outside of 6v6 ranked premades and even then it is highly questionable.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#79 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Thanks to the devs for explaining. Really appreciate it.

To destro... Never thought I came here to read 8 pages of ****. You really are defending a totally overpowered tactic? You think this change ruined your whole class?

Man as a WL I am looking at my skillable tactics and would love it so much if devs take at least one out of the at least 6 useless tactics and gave me one worth considering...

You wonder why often nothing happens when destro is crying on the forums? Just take this thread and you see why. Because you guys cry about everything...

Orontes

Post#80 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Having read through the two separate developer comments. I can tell that while it appears to be generally about the recent Chosen/Knicht patch issues, it's clear that deep down what the Powers really want to deal with is the completion of the Squig rework. Luckily, a good looking fellow has already done the hard work: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=41445. This rework was done, because of the affection for the Powers: their time and effort into this game.

So let it be written. So let it be done! Squigs arise!!!!