Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Specialpatrol

Re: Developer Musings: An Explanation of Recent Occurances & How We'll Fix Them

Post#121 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:52 am

GamesBond wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:36 am
Specialpatrol wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:08 am ADDITION: I just want to add, that I bought this game and paid a subscription from start till end, so in fact I did pay for this - and help fund the code, you are playing with.
An off-topic clarification that I don't intend to drag on with, but must be clarified:

That's some next level assumption, the subscription you paid for was for Warhammer Online and it ended on December 18 2013. We're Return of Reckoning here, a fan project based on the original Warhammer Online game. I totally know what you meant, but don't use it here and especially not as an argument reinforcement as if devs owe you something. You've solely chosen to relive the closest (not same) WAR experience by playing here, but you surely haven't "paid for the code" and developers aren't "playing with" that code. The code itself that you assume paying for would allow you to create a character and run around in T1, if you can even run it.

A little bit of respect for thousands of hours spent by developers here.
It was a retort to this line, by Secrets:

"(...) where you talk about your favorite class being nerfed in a game you didn't pay for, where people volunteer their free time to suit your needs, be my guest."

Which seemed to imply that I was ungrateful freeloader, simply because I questioned your game development skills. It was below the belt and deserves a similar reply. Also, aren't me using this forum and, at your request, accepting a ****-ton of adds helping to fund whatever code you are working with?

Please read the whole context next time.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
Lithenir

Post#122 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:16 am

Bignusty wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:22 pm
Korhill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:17 pm
Bignusty wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:07 pm

WL need a buff hmmmmmm ! Rofl
Can you just response with "WLs need buffs.." , or "That comes from a WL.." etc. ? You did yesterday the same with my post when you tried to defend the OP chosen buff. Glad that you deleted your post right after.

I am very sorry that you obviously get killed a lot by WLs.
BTW I am sure that after the several WLs nerfs some will get reverted again.
Stop ask a buff when your class is one of the best mdps solo and reworked at warband play like marauder was.
Don't remember you seeing posting this on any "buff choppa"-thread destros were making.... Wonder why.
And I don't ask for a buff I just would like to have some options in speccing. Just take a look on career builder and you'll see that WL doesn't have many viable tactics in the trees.

I mean really... Devs took away a useless tactic and gave Chosen a viable one and destro still acts like they nerfed the whole class to the ground.
You can see it by posts like "not many chosen will take it since it doesn't effect them". This says a lot about destro behaviour and you can see it in forts easily where most of the tanks push with M3 Raze instead of M4 and you wonder why order is better in forts (this is just an example).

zij83

Post#123 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:34 am

Lithenir wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:16 am
Bignusty wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:22 pm
Korhill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Can you just response with "WLs need buffs.." , or "That comes from a WL.." etc. ? You did yesterday the same with my post when you tried to defend the OP chosen buff. Glad that you deleted your post right after.

I am very sorry that you obviously get killed a lot by WLs.
BTW I am sure that after the several WLs nerfs some will get reverted again.
Stop ask a buff when your class is one of the best mdps solo and reworked at warband play like marauder was.
Don't remember you seeing posting this on any "buff choppa"-thread destros were making.... Wonder why.
And I don't ask for a buff I just would like to have some options in speccing. Just take a look on career builder and you'll see that WL doesn't have many viable tactics in the trees.

I mean really... Devs took away a useless tactic and gave Chosen a viable one and destro still acts like they nerfed the whole class to the ground.
You can see it by posts like "not many chosen will take it since it doesn't effect them". This says a lot about destro behaviour and you can see it in forts easily where most of the tanks push with M3 Raze instead of M4 and you wonder why order is better in forts (this is just an example).
You tell destro how it is!!!

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#124 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:52 am

I think we can all agree that losing our **** over a patch buff or nerf that is never permanet is unnecessary stress. As destro I've got to enjoy a day without the insane Rdps bombs being dropped on us but mostly I have managed to enjoy the first fortress siege on my witch elf thanks to the manticores porting me at the top of the fort!

Best quality of life ever to be frank, totally changed the game from ... '' yay we get to 123 till morale 4 and die trying '' to :

Lets get a squad up and create some havoc!

Love it, first fun i've had in a fortress siege since ever.

kmark101

Post#125 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:03 am

Why don't you guys just revert every knight and chosen change since the first Runefang nerf patch? It would literally solve all your issues and headache and everyone will be happy again as people had zero problem with these two classes before that. Other tanks and other classes desperately need your attention instead.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Collision

Post#126 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:19 am

again order"win" by crying (and this time without any test).... when come a nerf of slayer who 2/3* other dps full souv (rampage for the win, and more than one day of testing) ? Again Chosen have a nerf, oppression need a shield but no chosen are crying about it. what is the goal ? SnB kotbs are unkillable like Hellogigi who can tank a full wb alone(with healers), SnB chosen can't.

if cities are Dev' focus for balancing why full melee slayer/bw with full WP healer train win 95% of their city ? Someone need a nerf, WPs or Slayers (slayers aren't unkillable, WP are.). Actually cities are totally :| or not (destro and order), full slayer train with *7 WP and 1 AM destroy everything, and the rest of order's city are in pain.
The only thing you are doing is killing your great WaR serv. Don't forget a day Gameworkshop, with the game code you steal to "them" (but actually tolerated) will see what you're doing and their lawyer will **** all the work you have done, and close the only pvp mmo server we actually have...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#127 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:31 am

Collision wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:19 am again order"win" by crying (and this time without any test).... when come a nerf of slayer who 2/3* other dps full souv (rampage for the win, and more than one day of testing) ? Again Chosen have a nerf, oppression need a shield but no chosen are crying about it. what is the goal ? SnB kotbs are unkillable like Hellogigi who can tank a full wb alone(with healers), SnB chosen can't.

if cities are Dev' focus for balancing why full melee slayer/bw with full WP healer train win 95% of their city ? Someone need a nerf, WPs or Slayers (slayers aren't unkillable, WP are.). Actually cities are totally :| or not (destro and order), full slayer train with *7 WP and 1 AM destroy everything, and the rest of order's city are in pain.
The only thing you are doing is killing your great WaR serv. Don't forget a day Gameworkshop, with the game code you steal to "them" (but actually tolerated) will see what you're doing and their lawyer will **** all the work you have done, and close the only pvp mmo server we actually have...
Read the first post dude, this wasn't something that was intended to go out anyway. It took a couple hours to get talking and figure out what happened, then we sorted it out.

We're pretty confident that GW is aware of us and aren't particularly interested in doing anything of the sort, nor should adding a shield requirement to a 13pt defensive tree ability cause you to freak out, but aight. You do you boo.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

oaliaen

Post#128 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:38 am

As a last attempt to make this tactic work...can you guys include the proc to the Chosen at least?

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#129 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:44 am

oaliaen wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:38 am As a last attempt to make this tactic work...can you guys include the proc to the Chosen at least?
At the very least, yes please.

For the love of Gork and/or Mork.

grease

Post#130 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:31 am

i want to ask YOU PLAYERS this simple question..
WHY do you want to execute a skill move that requires a shield WITHOUT a shield WHY?