Recent Topics

Ads

Regarding Global Cooldowns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kenshiken

Re: Regarding Global Cooldowns

Post#111 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:34 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:54 am as a long-time casual player. You guys are making the game unfun (nb/ap/gcd all of which could have been handled better. sequencer in place before band, gcd done by itself, ap changes review prior to etc). Watch that you don't let the elite ruin the server for your mostly casual playerbase.
I don't know about "casual" part.

For me, GCD change is more appealing to "casual" players that saying they "don't notice the change at all".

It's just insane to think about if player doesn't notice this gameplay change. You would need absolutely not care about how you play all the classes.
Last edited by Kenshiken on Fri May 27, 2022 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#112 » Fri May 27, 2022 1:23 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:34 pm
Akalukz wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:54 am as a long-time casual player. You guys are making the game unfun (nb/ap/gcd all of which could have been handled better. sequencer in place before band, gcd done by itself, ap changes review prior to etc). Watch that you don't let the elite ruin the server for your mostly casual playerbase.
I don't know about "casual" part.

For me, GCD change is more appealing to "casual" players that saying that they "don't notice the change at all".

It's just insane to think about if player doesn't notice this gameplay change. You would need absolutely not care about how you play all the classes.
I am saying if they were done seperately the AP and GCD change, it would have been easier to identify the issue instead of this muddled mess.
-= Agony =-

Detangler

Post#113 » Fri May 27, 2022 1:46 pm

I don't hate or like the GCD and AP changes. Its different, but it affects everyone. Its not gamebreaking - just an altered system. its still the core game thats a lot of fun to me. if anything im glad that the EU no lag players now can't exploit the GCD system to get far more abilities off than me =)
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Bozzax

Post#114 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:06 pm

Ok ….

30 man focus groups > a handfull of CMs > possibly realm champions? > (forum drama) > one (?) programmen that does what he wants (seems fair tbh)

Thx for trying though
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

shakakka

Post#115 » Fri May 27, 2022 4:03 pm

Its a bit concerning how a person who got a ban and is on escalation offences is in the Focus group.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#116 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:50 pm

Bozzax wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:06 pm Ok ….

30 man focus groups > a handfull of CMs > possibly realm champions? > (forum drama) > one (?) programmen that does what he wants (seems fair tbh)

Thx for trying though
You could actually attribute loads of the current patch's adjustments and fixes to the balance focus group, the chat was active every single day and they were working towards a proper fix. There was dev coordination and thus a delivery of positive changes. I'm also sure there will be some more enhancement coming from them soon.

It's not perfect yet, we're working on it. Do expect some slips here and there.

Rufert

Post#117 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:58 am

I apologize for the necro but I found this post after recently having come back to the game.

I was going insane trying to find the ability buffer option that I was sure used to be there.
So you removed it entirely. Is there any chance of it coming back?
As is I have some latent RSI and have to watch what kind of games I play when it comes to clicking and button pressing. Being able to buffer inputs cut down a lot on the strain and allowed me to continue playing for longer before needing breaks.
With it gone it's just unplayable for me now.
Is there any chance of it coming back in one form or another or is there no point in me sticking around hoping for that patch?

dalen
Developer

Post#118 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:32 am

Rufert wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:58 am I apologize for the necro but I found this post after recently having come back to the game.

I was going insane trying to find the ability buffer option that I was sure used to be there.
As is I have some latent RSI and have to watch what kind of games I play when it comes to clicking and button pressing. Being able to buffer inputs cut down a lot on the strain and allowed me to continue playing for longer before needing breaks.
Is there any chance of it coming back in one form or another or is there no point in me sticking around hoping for that patch?
It is there and enabled for all. It starts buffering 400ms before the current GCD ends.

This should match the Mythic implementation of it, in interviews with Marc Jacobs he said it was 400ms and called it a "slop timer".
Source Developer

Ads
MedV

Post#119 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:11 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:32 am
Rufert wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:58 am I apologize for the necro but I found this post after recently having come back to the game.

It is there and enabled for all. It starts buffering 400ms before the current GCD ends.

This should match the Mythic implementation of it, in interviews with Marc Jacobs he said it was 400ms and called it a "slop timer".
Can we switch it to last input not first input as the action going off. I’ve died so many times bec it has to have an ability go off gcd then my pot. Even tho I’ve wanted to drink the pot 1.5 gcds ago. It feels more like a turn based rpg at this point.
The King.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#120 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:47 pm

I am okay with the changes, as Detangler said it affected us all (except shaman and ams; curse them all :) .

The true sign of the AP changes is in T1 compared to previous as before level 24ish we all have serious AP problems. Just get through t1 and gear and tactics can mitigate the harshness of the lower tier.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!