Recent Topics

Ads

Regarding Global Cooldowns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kpi

Re: Regarding Global Cooldowns

Post#61 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:30 am

You talk about 1.5s GCD like another MMORPG and you did it to improve the player experience.

This means the NB will be back, for do the game easy for all and similar to WoW and another MMORPG?
Last edited by Kpi on Tue May 24, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Flon

Post#62 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:47 am

Thank you dev-team for the information and explanation.

Haojin

Post#63 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 am Who has to endure more injustice? The person working in their spare time on a private server for free or the player, who behaves like a customer and isn't "happy to play a broken game" because some invisible entity is forcing them to play the bugged game?

You signed up for bugs and inconvenience by playing on this server.
Oh the good old "b-b-b-but they working for free, either swallow it or take your leave" argument as a last resort. During the 2016-2018 era server suffered heavly due to this extremely negative and repulsive motto. I'm personally glad that current community managers avoid these kinda garbage comments. I'm trying to understand that from your alice-in-the-wonderland perspective players should keep repeating how grateful they are for being in ror 24/7 without criticizing ?

I don't think nobody in the server hates or dislikes the team members as person due to their work. They dislike the change which affects their gameplay drastically. Do you have any idea about creating a mmo community (aka guilds) and keep your members hooked with the game ? Those bad major changes destroy that bond and guilds start fall apart and thats why people are upset.

If RoR was a closed-non-advertised-tester only server, i could have agree but it's not.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

tazdingo

Post#64 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:32 pm

yeah sul being nice is bad

Sulorie

Post#65 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Haojin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:58 am
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:58 am Who has to endure more injustice? The person working in their spare time on a private server for free or the player, who behaves like a customer and isn't "happy to play a broken game" because some invisible entity is forcing them to play the bugged game?

You signed up for bugs and inconvenience by playing on this server.
Oh the good old "b-b-b-but they working for free, either swallow it or take your leave" argument as a last resort. During the 2016-2018 era server suffered heavly due to this extremely negative and repulsive motto. I'm personally glad that current community managers avoid these kinda garbage comments. I'm trying to understand that from your alice-in-the-wonderland perspective players should keep repeating how grateful they are for being in ror 24/7 without criticizing ?

I don't think nobody in the server hates or dislikes the team members as person due to their work. They dislike the change which affects their gameplay drastically. Do you have any idea about creating a mmo community (aka guilds) and keep your members hooked with the game ? Those bad major changes destroy that bond and guilds start fall apart and thats why people are upset.

If RoR was a closed-non-advertised-tester only server, i could have agree but it's not.
You should improve your "read-between-the-lines"-skills.

Everyone is supposed to know, that they play on a work in progress server but somehow people seem to forget this over the years, when most things are working "ok".

When something breaks, you are entitled to give feedback but here ends the influence of players.
You don't say "this is more important, fix this first", as nobody of them is working for you.

I can't get around this mindset of "this patch broke a lot, so better test it on a separate server without an appropriate testing population, because I don't want it to affect my own daily enjoyment".

Check your entitlement, all you spend is your time to play something, while others spend their time to work on your playground.

When guilds fall apart because of this, then it's exactly the kind of entitlement I am talking about.
It's not like the server is funded by players playing on it, so the development will continue anyway only depending on the spare time people investing in it.
When it's so unacceptable to play at the moment and long term development goals don't matter, because it has to be enjoyable now, you have options.

The server exists for us to play on it but not because of us.
Dying is no option.

Haojin

Post#66 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:17 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 2:05 pm
It's not like the server is funded by players playing on it, so the development will continue anyway only depending on the spare time people investing in it.

The server exists for us to play on it but not because of us.
Tell this to APOC, Azarael and Londo servers. I'm pretty sure they are enjoying their 1-man servers a lot.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

TikiiTorch

Post#67 » Tue May 24, 2022 4:05 pm

GamesBond wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:40 pm I don't get it, you're asking for more transparency and the first thing you do when you read one is assume that this is the "grand solution" as a mockery. No this isn't the grand solution.
Then you aren't being transparent. You have only said "This is what we are doing to fix the AP issue", not "This is the first thing we are doing to help the AP issue, and we are looking into it more."

Being transparent means not being obscure. It also means being forthcoming with information (not necessarily intimate details). If you knew more was coming down the pipeline, just not ready yet, why not say that?

This is a prime example of the terrible communication that is stoking the embers of technical changes into the bonfire of community outrage.
Tikii is the name, doing Shaman things poorly is my game

nat3s

Post#68 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:12 pm

Cabum wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:28 am Should abilities that drain AP be adjusted? Feels like those abilities have a much bigger impact now, that AP regen has slow down.

Made the same point earlier in the thread. My AM and Sham are even more god mode than they were before as the AP drain means they suffer much less with AP issues, whilst anyone I fight is going to be AP starved far more. I think AP drain needs removing OR make it so it ends detaunt like a dot. At present detaunt > AP Drain > Hot / Puddle / Kite > Win is REALLY cheesy. The only reason some AM/Sham still die - looking at you Zarbix - is because they just go full dps with dots straight off, without understanding the power of detaunt > AP drain.

I cannot lose a 1v1 on either class when hybrid / dual hot spec'd. That can't be right or healthy, the server was infested with them enough without giving them an inadvertent buff. It does feel cool to AP drain people though... But so punishing on just about every other class to be locked down so hard.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
geezereur

Post#69 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm

nat3s wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:12 pm
Cabum wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:28 am Should abilities that drain AP be adjusted? Feels like those abilities have a much bigger impact now, that AP regen has slow down.

Made the same point earlier in the thread. My AM and Sham are even more god mode than they were before as the AP drain means they suffer much less with AP issues, whilst anyone I fight is going to be AP starved far more. I think AP drain needs removing OR make it so it ends detaunt like a dot. At present detaunt > AP Drain > Hot / Puddle / Kite > Win is REALLY cheesy. The only reason some AM/Sham still die - looking at you Zarbix - is because they just go full dps with dots straight off, without understanding the power of detaunt > AP drain.

I cannot lose a 1v1 on either class when hybrid / dual hot spec'd. That can't be right or healthy, the server was infested with them enough without giving them an inadvertent buff. It does feel cool to AP drain people though... But so punishing on just about every other class to be locked down so hard.
Playing only my dps AM until they revert gcd changes :twisted:

ritual

Post#70 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:03 pm

please remind me why we need any gdc changes at all?