Recent Topics

Ads

Test environment

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
JeFawk

Test environment

Post#1 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:24 pm

I was considering setting up on my machine a test environment opened for the public but with a selected few with database access.
This will allow them to add database and emulator (if they're up to the challenge) changes all together in preparation for a deployment on the current (production) server.

What say ye?

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: Test environment

Post#2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:36 pm

Exclusive <3

Dana
Former Staff

Post#3 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Whats the difference between http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... f=11&t=489 and your idea?
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Sarasil

Post#4 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Dana wrote:Whats the difference between http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... f=11&t=489 and your idea?
If I understand correctly, those people don't have database access so they can't really do anything with this server besides fixing things and hope it will be applied later sometime. JeFawk is talking about letting people run wild and apply **** as they make them to a shared server instead of separately testing on their own local things.
Natharyn (sw)/Umatharil (sm)/Jillian (doc)

Find my fantasy art on my website and on facebook

JeFawk

Post#5 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Well for once I'm cooler.

And then there's what Sarasil said, if all the fixes work together and the server is stable then the fixes can be applied on the current (production) server...if Max agrees ofc....

Enigmax

Post#6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:33 pm

This is a great idea :) Maybe the community will surprise by doing more good than damage :mrgreen:
Icicledisastah - Zealot
Schlagz - Squig Herder

Kaitanaroyr

Post#7 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:51 am

Sounds good to me.
Spoiler:
Wixxy 100 SM,Artemis,100 SW,Wannabeheals 100 WP,Rikashi 100 Kotbs,Whisper 100 WH,Whispers WH,Veioe 100 Zeal,Antzz 98WH,Kaitanaroyr100 WL,Sumtingwong RP,Saturn WP 80,hemorrhage 100 zeal

warlover

Post#8 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:28 am

JeFawk wrote:I was considering setting up on my machine a test environment opened for the public but with a selected few with database access.
This will allow them to add database and emulator (if they're up to the challenge) changes all together in preparation for a deployment on the current (production) server.

What say ye?
Great Idea Je

Ads