Recent Topics

Ads

I have a cluster of servers, can I contribute to hosting?

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dajinn

I have a cluster of servers, can I contribute to hosting?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:26 pm

I have a cluster of servers and want to know if I can contribute to hosting a NA server of the emulator(that's still apart of the overall RoR project).

I'm just concerned about my bandwidth, do you guys(the developers)know what kind of upload speed is required? My current internet speed is 120 Mbps down / 12 Mbps up. If 12 Mbps is not sufficient please let me know what you estimate as being a minimum required upload speed as eventually I plan to move to a location that has Verizon FiOS and get something like 75 / 75 internet if not more.

Thank you.

Ads
noisestorm

Re: I have a cluster of servers, can I contribute to hosting

Post#2 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:28 pm

I'll boldly say what i believe they will respond: "No thanks you cannot help, but your support is appreciated."

Something along that most likely. Dont take it wrong, but they'd actually have to share the sourcecode with a stranger in order to have it run on another server, so i guess chances are small.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:19 pm

It is a nice thought. Thanks. :)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

tyrant

Post#4 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:37 pm

It is a nice thought of you to offer.

About Verizon FIOS, I am sure there is something in the contract from Verizon forbidding you from hosting a server on their residential line.

USA have a really stupid and weird law with DCMA and PATRIOT Act. So basically, they can physically take down the server. And who will be in trouble? It will be you. So I imagine Az and the team don't want this to happen to anyone.

There is so many reason why they can't but you get the gist of it.

Again, it is nice of you to offer.