Swordmaster or White Lion?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
ghrin

Swordmaster or White Lion?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:03 am

I am a solo player that plays late at night EST. I am looking for a class that I can solo queue into Scenario's, do PvE content outside of SC queues for leveling, and of course RvR roaming and warband work. I like the in-your-face playstyle of MDPS, but I just don't know which one is better suited for a solo player (i dont have a set in stone group) to have the best chance at winning. Thank you

Ads
carlos

Re: Swordmaster or White Lion?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:32 am

If you are "bound" to these 2 classes I would suggest SM because a WB Lion should be fully speced in the left tree
Starfkr

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:05 pm

My opinion as a healer:

-If you are willing to guard a fellow mdps and hold off from charging off Willy-nilly rather than protect your support from over inevitable Black Orc/Choppa overextenders, then go Swordmaster.

-If you would rather just go pure guided missile and chase back liners, go White Lion.

You’ll likely die more as WL, but you’ll contribute more dB to an sc and probably be happier all the while hunting for those elusive shaman kills (they are shifty lil gits). The drawback is you have no real role in keep/fort defenses other than the occasional jump off the wall suicide attack run and axe thrower supreme.

If you play as an overextending SM pug (especially in sc) you will find your heals dry up quick. Nothing personal - with Order’s tank shortage some will call your play style selfish and you’ll drop to the bottom of the triage priority. It doesn’t help there is presently a 2H solo SM who’s constant demands for heals/rezzes make him a living meme. But you can work a ram and you can always strap on a shield to help out in a pinch, so greater wb opportunities if you are willing to be flexible.

I’m NA east coast as well. Whatever you decide, kill some of those annoying melee SH for me. They keep crushing on me for some reason. :)

Heck, send me a PM if you are looking for a group.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

ghrin

Post#4 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Okay cool, thank you for the replies! I am okay with doing good damage or being a guarding tank. So the correct way to go about things will be to guard a MDPS, then switch to guarding a healer if another class starts hitting them I assume?

kmark101

Post#5 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:31 pm

As a rule of thumb always decide your character selection based on looks. If you are so much into the emo style, you need to decide to want a slightly less sad emo guy with a lion cub or a mean-but-sad-looking emo guy who tries to look though, but having a sensitive personality on the battlefield.

In the end, the correct selection is always some dwarf.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Doomjester921

Post#6 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:28 pm

I run as an SM, currently 34/32 at the moment. It may sound backwards, but my suggestion for the SM side is to focus on the two trees to the right, as a dps or as a tank. You need the survivability you get from there in order to survive well enough to be able to advance to where your dps and abilities can be useful, while avoiding antagonising your healers like our resident living meme. I'm often able to survive independently in Scenarios until a healer can reach me by making use of the two tactics that allow a minor self heal, then make it 20% more effective. Now, this is not me saying to charge ahead like a tool, my build makes me last for quite some time in small fights, it does not make me able to outlast the enemy if they have more than one healer.