Healing Class for Casual Play

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Onigokko0101

Re: Healing Class for Casual Play

Post#11 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:09 pm

bigbald wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:07 am I played around for a bit with each of the Healers, mostly to get a feel for the aesthetic, and have narrowed down my choice to between the Runepriest and the Shaman. Both have some really cool appeal (Runepriest has a fun LotR type of Dwarf vibe and the Shaman is, well, hilarious).

When it comes to leveling, how does each one fare? I'm a little worried about a combo of squishiness as well as feeling like I'm hitting like a wet noodle. At low level, everything is cake, but I imagine it doesn't stay that way.

Does wither class hit a point where frustration sets in that makes the process overly arduous?

Thanks!
Go with Runepriest. Shaman requires not only decent gear, but also a deep understanding of positioning/gameplay to reach the same level as the other healers.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
Synora

Re: Healing Class for Casual Play

Post#12 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:28 pm

I would definitely recommend the Zealot or Runepriest for the casual play you've mentioned. They are the quintessential healer for this game and have a versatile healing kits. They are also the easiest to gear because you can go with either the RvR or SC set as you level and there's no difference in stats. They are the most straight-forward to learn with no special mechanics. However, if you're interested in doing PvE with public quests (not recommended btw for leveling) zeal/RP don't do much damage to grind those out fast enough.

WP/DoK are great but gearing can be difficult if you're trying different specs. Plus the added RF/SE mechanic is cumbersome if you're trying to purely heal.
AM/sham are okay but, as mentioned before, are very susceptible to poor positioning and assassin-type classes. They are the most difficult to play and have the lowest healing output on average.
Synora 84 SM | Synoraa 80 WP | Evilsynora 80 DoK
Darkethe 72 Chosen | Groolgobbla 64 Sham | Medikareforall 58 Zeal | Halloweiner 58 Mag
Sunfox 65 Knight | Fuggnchuggn 62 SL | Medicareforall 55 RP | Siatamunet 54 AM
www.twitch.tv/Synora_