Recent Topics

Ads

Best way to level?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Jiawnally

Best way to level?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:11 am

Hello! I'm new and just started playing this game yesterday after watching this from afar for a while. But the real question I have is: What is the most efficient way to level? Is it RvR? Questing? Scenarios?

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Best way to level?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:08 am

Efficient is probably scenarios, mixed with something else during down time.

Questing is the fastest way to level, but you will have to catch up with renown at 40. Depending on what you play that could be no big deal or a big deal.

RvR will take you forever, but you will be in the best position when you hit max level.

Personally I like to do RvR and scenarios in T1 and get my renown to at least 20. Then in the mid tier I make sure I get renown and currency to be twinked out by 28 or 29. Then use the instructor scrolls to try and farm as much renown as I can, in scenarios, before hitting 31. Then I try to get from 31 to 40 as fast as possible.

flintboth

Post#3 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:29 am

Scenario + scenario quests

PvE quests

Dungeons + Gear quests (sacellum = Keeper set, stakler set, mayhem, ruin set, beastlord set, Gunbad = Redeye, ....)

Use the appropriated chat to recruit others players and do all that dungeons (/t1 or /t4, /1; /5), you don't need to have a great Renown to equip all of these set.

On the top of the forum you have the Wiki to find all quests giver location and boss.

Don't forget to use the addon AggroMeter

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=28597&hilit=aggrometer
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Stortz

Post#4 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:15 pm

the fastest way to level (with renown) is to make a pre-made group and queue up for scenarios (2 tanks, 2 dps, 2 healers)
get the 'win scenario' quest, turn them in on the capital city, repeat

the fastest way to level without renown is to make a bombing group on places that have a **** ton of mobs, like thunder valley or black crag. someone pulls all of them and people aoe/pbaoe them down
this is useless IMO because your real level is your renown level

Diomedes8183

Post#5 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Lvl 1-4 quest. Lvl 5 -16 SCs and rvr. Lvl 17-30 grind pqs (set up an aoe build and hit pqs that are 4-5 lvl below you) as well as SCs. 31-40 can be mix of the above but try to keep your rr lvl close or passed your character level.