Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Gotfryk

Re: Warrior Priest - Grace - The Survival Bible

Post#81 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:18 am

Hello, is there any guide for salvation spec?
Kulaz / Gotfryk

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#82 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:02 pm

So I've been working through this guide, but I think its missing the current best in slot gear. Like warlord oder now victorious is not discussed. The pvp weapon mentioned does not seem to exist? The ror character builder links seem to be broken (only renwon works). Any updates around?

Some Background: I'm somewhat bored with my salvation WP and I thought about looking into grace. I have 10k crests available and I intent to go for best in slot gear right away.

I'm thinking about 5 Sov and 3 WL or 5 Sov and 4 Victorious combinations. Not sure what piece of each. Anyone have some insights about that?

I'm also unsure about what weapon / shield to get. Some advice would be great.

For specc I thought about going for: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2958,8290

Rydiak

Post#83 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:51 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:02 pm So I've been working through this guide, but I think its missing the current best in slot gear. Like warlord oder now victorious is not discussed. The pvp weapon mentioned does not seem to exist? The ror character builder links seem to be broken (only renwon works). Any updates around?

Some Background: I'm somewhat bored with my salvation WP and I thought about looking into grace. I have 10k crests available and I intent to go for best in slot gear right away.

I'm thinking about 5 Sov and 3 WL or 5 Sov and 4 Victorious combinations. Not sure what piece of each. Anyone have some insights about that?

I'm also unsure about what weapon / shield to get. Some advice would be great.

For specc I thought about going for: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2958,8290
You are actually in luck! I've been working on an update to the guide, which I just updated to this very moment.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

JohnnyWayne

Post#84 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:58 pm

Neat, thx. Any recommendation about rr80 attribute builds? Is the m4 worth going for or should one rather put the point into the third tree?

Also might want to update this: "600 Oppressor Emblems". :)

Rydiak

Post#85 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:13 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:58 pm Neat, thx. Any recommendation about rr80 attribute builds? Is the m4 worth going for or should one rather put the point into the third tree?

Also might want to update this: "600 Oppressor Emblems". :)
I *love* the Grace M4 during fortress/keep pushes, but as all M4s it can be hard to reach during normal combat. Still, I think it is worth the single point since you'd want to be at 15 mastery ranks anyways.

Good catch, by the way!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

yhani

Post#86 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:35 am

great guide, thank you sir.

I will try with +2 morale jewelry to get faster "divine aegis" and "divine protection"
from same jewelry you get -2 armor reduction and 18 toughness... it might work.
With knight I always have at least three of those or harbinger version (more toughness, no -2 armor reduction).

Got like level 35 grace-priest and its so much fun
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Cottonwoodz

Post#87 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:10 am

by chance is there a video showing how this is played or what it looks like?

Rydiak

Post#88 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:26 pm

I just made a couple more edits to add some RR70+ mastery builds, as well as a few high-end gear recommendation changes.

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#89 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:08 pm

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for this comprehensive guide. I have thanked you before but I just recently picked up Grace again after being Salvation for a long time and its great fun despite the steep learning curve. I am playing the default Grace spec you listed first, I am still just RR 58 (too many alts and I love all my toons ) doing Full Dominator for right now with Subj Shield and combat hammer. For jewelry I am doing Winds impervious, Rough Gunbad Diamond and until I acquire better :-) Seems to work pretty well so far....I just need to sort how to get chance to be crit to zero......I am at 3% right now but I am running all ini talismans with my current gear setup :-)

Anyway, the guide is great and gives great insight in to how varied the WP can be :-) Thank you

Hulgore
Suspended

Post#90 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:44 pm

Rydiak wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:38 am
If you are unable to obtain Sovereign Martyr gear pieces yet, and are looking for the best set you can get just prior to it, here is my recommendation:
  • 5-piece Vale-Walker (shoulders, body, gloves, boots, jewel)/3-piece Bloodlord (helm, belt, cloak), Genesis Warrior Aspect+Remnant, Rough Gunbad Diamond, Titan’s Battlehammer of Reverence, Bloodlord Buckler – 5 Strength, 2 Wounds, and 2 Armor talismans
Hi, so I've recently acquired this gear combination, but I dont understand how am I supposed to slot the 9 talismans you're suggesting.

I have one slot in weapon and shield, that makes 2 ; I have one slot on bloodlord helm, that makes 3 ; then I have a slot on shoulders, chest, gloves and boots from Vale-Walker set, so 4 more slots for a total of 7 talismans slots.

Also with this gear, I got killed by a rank 33 SH in 1v1. He didnt even have to kite me, he just stood still shooting at me and I just died. I have no damage and my health gets melted by pretty much any dps despite the high chances of block, dodge, parry. If this is the result I get from pre-bis that I spent weeks to obtain, I pretty much feel that I've seriously wasted my time. The class feels overall weak, slow, unimpactful in many situations