Recent Topics

Ads

How to lvl up my apothecary skill?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
amonkeyboy

How to lvl up my apothecary skill?

Post#1 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:35 pm

Hello everyone !
So i'm lvl 30ish now and running a Apothecary/Butchering goblin and i still have trouble to understand how the crafting skills work.
I'm 42 at apothecary and i can't get higher:
Crafting potions with lvl1 ingredients don't get me no xp and i can't work with lvl50+ ing. The problem is everything i butcher is now at least 75+ and no matter the level of the neast i harvest, i can get lower ingredients. Am i soft lock or something?

So here is my question: Am i'm missing something, or is it possible to get lower lvl crafting material?

Thank you very much for the help :)

Ads
tazdingo

Re: How to lvl up my apothecary skill?

Post#2 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 pm

cultivating is the easiest way to level up apothecary, but it's time consuming and less profitable than the other forms of gathering

just get the lvl seeds you need then keep growing them, do not bother with soil or water or anything it isn't needed. each seed has a chance to spawn higher lvl, ie lvl 25 grow may give you lvl 25 and lvl 50 seed, so you can then grow lvl 50s. so for your lower lvl, visit craft supply merchant, buy the lvl 1 seed then keep growing till you have 1, 25, 50, ect...

once you hit higher lvls and max apoth you can respec and lvl your butchering/scavenging skill back up very quickly on higher tier mobs

chise

Post#3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 pm once you hit higher lvls and max apoth you can respec and lvl your butchering/scavenging skill back up very quickly on higher tier mobs
Whats the logic on this ? Would respecing keep my old skill on the same level (just inaccessible) if I ever want to get back to it ?
Or is it that cultivating is just useful to level up apothecary, but useless afterwards (where butchering would be better) ?

I'm also thinking about leaving cultivating/apoth for a Lv1 alt, so my 'main' won't have to hold tons of materials on bag/bank . Not sure if mailing stuff back and forth would be worth.
Any feedback on that ?

Fey

Post#4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Generally you want to level apothecary with cultivating making either heal pots or AP pots. The reason is you only need a main ingredient and a multiplier, plus two free resin. You want to do butchering only if your specifically farming lower level armor pots. That would be the only rason. There are low level bats as well that are handy in T1.

You want cultivating on your support or poor farming classes. I know zealot would probably make a great farming class but I don't want to constantly Respec. I farm butchering with Mara. Specifically in this game to farm armor pots you need to handle big camps of wyverns in black crag. A beefy aoe class is your best bet butchering. Cultivating is superior atm, but butchering is valuable particularly with liniments implemented.

Level up with cultivating and ask around for the camps you want to make specific pots, that is more important. Then respec to butcher. You get max level in an hour or so.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:12 am

can have an alt you dont play be the cul/apoth toon if you want, only have to worry about purple seeds from Gunbad atm, rest are tradeable.

can pick a butcher , for armor scales and bat wings on a toon that can kill with min support and semi fast .

adamthelc

Post#6 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:24 am

To answer OPd question. The level of the crafting material is determined by the level of the thing you butchered. But if the the thing you butchered would drop a higher level material than your butchering skill allows, the material will only be as high as your crafting skill.

You can level apothecary with butchering as you level, but your level could easily outpace your apothecary level. Which means you will have to spend more time killing lower level animals or have to backtrack.

Cultivating is better for leveling apothecary. Butchering is easy to level as you level, but apothecary not as much. Butchering is really only good for the materials you cant get from cultivating.

CeeJay89

Post#7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:52 pm