Recent Topics

Ads

Class with few abilities to press (hand condition)

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
andy

Class with few abilities to press (hand condition)

Post#1 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:02 pm

Hello!

I'm a returning player from AoR. Playing my old favourite SM again. Pretty easy to play and less buttons to mash with PlanB addon. And that fits me because I have a condition on my left hand. I'm curious though, if there is any other Order class that is easy to play? With easy, I mean few abilities to keybind and press. Might sound boring to you, but it helps me with my left hand condition.

Ads
Detangler

Re: Class with few abilities to press (hand condition)

Post#2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 pm

The aura classes dont require many buttons (KotBS/Chosen). You can set 3 auras at once - no need to twist anymore.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

anarchypark

Post#3 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:13 am

zealot have least keybinds in my case.
i assume RP is same.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ototo

Post#4 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 am

andy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:02 pm Hello!

I'm a returning player from AoR. Playing my old favourite SM again. Pretty easy to play and less buttons to mash with PlanB addon. And that fits me because I have a condition on my left hand. I'm curious though, if there is any other Order class that is easy to play? With easy, I mean few abilities to keybind and press. Might sound boring to you, but it helps me with my left hand condition.
Stay away from:
* Engi/Magus: A LOT of different skills designed for different situations. I have 3 bars of skills in my engi.
* WE/WH: Require a lot of skills to be used to perform rotations, BUT if you find an stable group, then it's pretty much decloak > knockdown > spam Armor Ignore in the rear > Finisher at 4 or 5 frenzy/accusations.

Classes that may fit you:
* Mele Squig/Assault Shadow Warrior: Laughably overpowered build, specially squig one, with just 5 skills. Easiest of the game.
* WL: Pounce > knockdown > pack attacks > repeat. All in all 6 skills.
* Chosen/KotBS: around 8 skills and you are good to go. Punt, Juggernaut, Hold the Line, Guard, Snare, Undefendeable attack, Crippling Attack, Taunts.
Spoiler:

Arbich
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:35 am

All healers need only a few hotkeys.
I would say from easy to hard: Warrior Priest->Runepriest-> Archmage.
You need 8 buttons to be decent as a Warrior Priest. I dont think there is a class that needs less.

Kobs also need only a few a few buttons, as is Witch Hunter.

Iron Breaker of Bright Wizard would be bad picks, that need a lot of hotkeys.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Drozen

Post#6 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:54 am

Maybe try out the addon nerf Buttons, that way you can play any class/char you would like?
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Twyxx

Post#7 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:56 am

Heal WP/Dok.

andy

Post#8 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 am

Drozen wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:54 am Maybe try out the addon nerf Buttons, that way you can play any class/char you would like?
I tried it the other day. It loaded with errors and I couldn't save the chains I did. Seems broken.

Ads
Toonman

Post#9 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:31 am

andy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 am
Drozen wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:54 am Maybe try out the addon nerf Buttons, that way you can play any class/char you would like?
I tried it the other day. It loaded with errors and I couldn't save the chains I did. Seems broken.
You can try Castsequence. It allows you to sequence your abilities on few buttons but it doesn't have all the conditional/autoplay features of NB.

Wam

Post#10 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:27 am

andy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:02 pm Hello!

Hey, What type of pvp do you prefer? sc or orvr? small scale or large?

If you want things simplified to suit you

Knight of the blazing sun is very good choice... just prioritize holding the line (press it once and let it channel unless someone interupts you) and guard swapping and sticking close to your guarded aly... and you will already be better than 95% of the tanks around you. (maybe use GES add on also to help with guarding or enemy's guard feature also)

If its large scale, slot champs challenge morale 1, distracting bellow m2, no escape m3 immaculate defense m4...

Champs challenge = you and target both rooted in place, so people who kite alot less likely to get away...
Distracting bellow... if your realm is under alot of pressure, try help out dropping this on enemy dps
No escape = if you want to be aggressive and get some kills / damage
Immaculate defense = usually for keep pushes or forts

maybe buy yourself some blast potions too (throw it once and done so you can do some aoe dmg)

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3101,3080

usually 4th tactic runefang was good but it got nerfed this week so thats a touchy subject for knights lol... but 4th tactic allows you to swap around and find what suits your style whether you want to punt people better or be more tanky...

and renown prioritize deft defender / defender and reflexes whilst also using futile strikes (so your chance to be crit is as close to 0% as you can) as for Talismans it depends but wounds generally will help you survive morale bombs better.

gather your resolve (resists) stand strong! (toughness) and stay focussed ! (+15% group healing with tactic) are 3 solid choices for auras to run in most situations... just equip them once when you log in (no need for twisting in this game ((there was sometimes a bug when only 2 out of 3 auras would work and relogging would fix this not sure if that bug still exists))

if you are going large scale then SNB is the way, and with ruin gear from t4 pve... which you can solo farm but easier in a team... you will be slighty competetive for being a lowbie/fresh T4 (aslong as you know how to guard / swap guard and hold the line)

depends how much you play but won't be too unobtainable to get conq even if you are casual and then you will be very solid...

Warrior priest would be the only other class i'd really recommend, it can be a pretty tanky healer so doesn't need to rely on kiting / mobility as much as AM/RP does.

Warrior priest early on is bad healer compared to others but don't let that put you off its a later bloomer in comparison and any warband that knows what its doing will want atleast 4 WP (a core class just like knight is)

to simplify it you will become a aoe heal bot later on... you can minimize the amount of skills you use (some have long cooldown)

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4155,4161

tactics are a bit debatable but that will be a good starting point. spend renown into healing crit % and deft defender, more willpower you have, more deft defender = higher disrupt, when you disrupt its going to buff your healing amount

your group hot is 10 sec cd, your group absorb is 1 min cooldown... pick one out of your three prayers (devotion usually good, absolution less good because it doesnt stack with armour potions and people shouldnt be cheap)

divine mend is your main single target heal 5 sec cooldown, touch of the divine is your group heal which is what you will mostly spam... then supplication (5 second cooldown... trades AP for essence which is your class based on (healing juice)) purify to group cleanse 5 second cooldown (its great with your tactic ) and detaunt main dps which is attacking you

then the occasional rez also... so you don't really need too many abilities, a little bit more than knight (although knight can do more with CC, knockdown, aoe stagger, knockback etc) there is a little bit more you can do on wp also if you want to try hard... but you don't really need too to be that competitive in my honest opinion.

I'd avoid dps classes to be honest, you can simplfy them also... but they usually need more stacking (gear, team support) and movement...

if moving and healing is not a issue then Runepriest (fairly tanky and mobile doesnt require much ability use either) would be another option but archmage would be too lightweight imo unless you want to troll people with puddles.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]