New player

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Ilamia

New player

Post#1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:52 am

Are any classes more suited to a duo with a zealot then others?
My friend and I are just starting out in the game and I have been enjoying the Disciple of Khaine class, but am unsure if it will pair well with my zealot friend since we would both be healers.
I don't know much about the game but would that make doing public quests too difficult?

Also, is the difference between the factions not important? I see from the main page that the order faction is outnumbered. Would that make it better for us to go order, or does it not really matter?

Thanks for any information you can give.

Ads
doky

Re: New player

Post#2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:33 am

Faction balance can change, it is vice versa over the time.
To pair with a Zealot I'd recommend taking a DPS class. You can play a DoK as a DPS as well. Most important is playing class you like.
Public quests may be a bit hard for 2 players, but that is not focus of the game anyway. You can level with basic quests or perhaps go PVP straight away!
have fun :)

Wam

Post#3 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:05 am

Ilamia wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:52 am Are any classes more suited to a duo with a zealot then others?
My friend and I are just starting out in the game and I have been enjoying the Disciple of Khaine class, but am unsure if it will pair well with my zealot friend since we would both be healers.
I don't know much about the game but would that make doing public quests too difficult?

Also, is the difference between the factions not important? I see from the main page that the order faction is outnumbered. Would that make it better for us to go order, or does it not really matter?

Thanks for any information you can give.
ok duo's... there is holy trinty, so you will be without one of the trinty (heal,tank,dps)

with Zealot... its a more mobile healer, and stagger is very good to pick someone out... you would want a single target DPS with you to be honest... (dps dok needs to be in melee, and does better with a guard from tank) he could still heal you and you try dps dok but like i said it works better with guard.

zealot and snb tank you ain't really going to kill much, you dont have burst dmg... even a higher level 2hander dps tank would take some work but not impossible

Zealot and Mara you can stagger , he can pull (mara is versatile and not too squishy)

Zealot and SH... SH is good mobile roamer, can be ranged or melee... nice heal debuff

Zealot and Sorc... sorc will be glasscannon squishy ranged... but you have some offensive potential atleast

Magus is also kinda a possibility depends on your style of play, but magus is generally too stationary for open field imo (needs stacks from turret and yes you can port it around but so easy for it to die)

Choppa is more squishy than Mara and without a guard too will be alot of healing required... wouldn't rule it out just put other things above it...

Witch elf would also be a maybe depends what time you play / style of fighting you want... zealot can be bait and witch elf gank... if you want larger scale and play during EU primetime a ranged option is better, or Mara for pull (good engage... plus mara is a good runner for getting away)

Mara > Choppa > Welf
SH > Sorc > Magi

although each of them viable if you are exp'd and good enough (so go with which you enjoy/have fun)

Dps healers, i wouldnt really recommend Dps shaman (good in low level, not as good high level) and dps dok needs a guard like previously mentioned... and a dps zealot excels more in big fights but needs protection... but again play what you like

Deftard tanks (snb and tanky) you won't really kill anything but you can do lolzy stuff

2hander dps tanks ... needs high renown/gear before they can even think about viable... not so good in high numbers as they get melted ... so a true dps class is better choice...

Hope that helps you find what works for you 8-)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ilamia

Post#4 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:14 am

Thanks! I''ll try out a marauder and choppa till about 10 and see how it goes.

Wam

Post#5 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 am

Ilamia wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:14 am Thanks! I''ll try out a marauder and choppa till about 10 and see how it goes.
you dont get pull until lvl 40, lack of tactics/gear makes a difference too just so you know later on

Mara really starts to get going around RR 50

Savergy/Brutality for ST
Monstro for AOE...

Monstro really good for general pve/farming (scavenging/butchering) if you slot some armour talismans too bump up gear also as most pve mobs do phys...

Against proper healers you wont kill with monstro... its more aoe fluff dmg/pressure, but with Savagergy debuffs and brutality... i.e reducing someones healing, armour, wounds etc you can apply alot more pressure eventually

at 40 you get a tactic which helps you bypass armour alot also so that makes a significant difference... focus on stacking strength, melee crit, and maybe futile strikes (reduce your chance to be crit that is only downside to mara at start)

with choppa... focus on stacking strength and weapon skill, more weapon skill = more parry / armour penertration ... so you can kill tanks/armoured healers better

good luck :) It takes awhile before you unlock mastery points to get access to certain skills which are key for some classes

Ilamia

Post#6 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:08 am

How is choppa later? I've been playing it a bit and I love the aesthetic, but it seems much simpler/squishy then the marauder.
I seem to be able to do a bit more as a marauder, but it might be because a huge green guy is a bigger target, but even in pve it seems I stay alive much easier as a marauder.
Thanks again for the input.

xarax

Post#7 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:35 am

a choppa shines with guard and healer in grp while dealing more dmg than marauder. Solo he is really squishy compared to a marauder. It is getting better with the heal on dmg skill on left tree.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Wam

Post#8 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Ilamia wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:08 am How is choppa later? I've been playing it a bit and I love the aesthetic, but it seems much simpler/squishy then the marauder.
I seem to be able to do a bit more as a marauder, but it might be because a huge green guy is a bigger target, but even in pve it seems I stay alive much easier as a marauder.
Thanks again for the input.
as Xarax pointed out choppa is a glasscannon berserker mdps... it really needs extra support to shine

unless your playstyle is really kamikaze and you don't mind dying alot... you would really need a pro healer to keep you up alot, and if you come across any semi organised team (they will be guarded, 2 healers etc) it will be hard for you (will be hard on mara as a 2 also... but like in sc's where you are unlikely to get a random guard from pugs... your choppa will be CC'd and bursted in a couple seconds... Mara is a little bit tankier and the pull is better for single target so should survive longer and less pressure on your healer friend.

Choppa is fun simple class, raw damage... with high level gear/renown/support it shines alot more... but getting there :lol:

Mara is well rounded class, with okay engage why i rank it above choppa... but it really depends on the playstyle you want, everything is good at its own niche... even witch elf if you are doing ORVR roaming/ganking (stealth and jumping on people can be fun there) but in Scenarios a unguarded witch elf, especially lowbie and leveling can be very challenging (alot of deaths) against anything half organised and little contribution to team fight... compared to say a SH at the back constantly shooting healing debuff people... a mara pulling enemy healers/rdps into melee train and debuffing them... or a single target sorc dotting up and bursting people...

Too many times you see unguarded dps, and MDPS(the squishier the worse) in particular and really makes the class almost useless incomparison to if it had a guard... or maybe some people don't know how to adapt to no guard and pick bad targets... but it is how it is in pug enviroment that is the nature of the beast. If you enjoy being unguarded mdps then go for it and have fun (atleast you have pocket healer (now imagine all the mdps that are solo and dont have even that)... but it should come with a warning that its a bit rougher journey than others imo to begin with.

Pug SC sometimes you wont have any healer, sometimes you will just have a dps healer... sometimes you will have a healer that doesnt know how to heal and gets out healed by a tank :lol: ... its same with tanks and guards and lack of them and lack of guard swap... aslong as you aware of that and fine with it, thats why i say play what you enjoy the most... but give you info to help make a more informed choice instead of picking blindy. Thats why your two man is built around it and you have pocket healer... you will have some sustain from him and some burst from the dps class you are, and rely on rest of team to pull their weight too...

Ads
Ilamia

Post#9 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:34 am

I ended up going Choppa. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply.
I never would of tried the DPS classes if no one had said anything.
Hope to see you all in game.