Recent Topics

Ads

returning player, what faction/class ?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Kaozium

returning player, what faction/class ?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:58 am

Hey guys,

I played a good amount of time during T3 era and a bit during T4 one, got all my characters erased for inactivity then came back and leveled up a lot of toons again on both sides, then stopped, and I'm coming back one more time.
The issue is that I now have a ton of toons with various levels (from 10 to 40) distributed around both factions and I don't know what would be the wisest to play in the actual state of the server, in term of faction balance and class demand.

I need your help!

I can play on both EU and NA peaks, and I generally prefer Destro chars (but not 100% against playing order)
I loved magus monotarget but it felt unwanted and underwhelming, and I loved tanks generally (loved BO, BG, KotBS, IB), I could go chosen but I keep reading people here saying it's sub-par and boring. Shaman was fun but I found it very underwhelming compared to other healers (maybe I just sucked). I could also fancy marauder.

So what faction needs more people during what time, and what class are in high demand ? Is there anything in what I said that would make you suggest me something ?

Thanks for reading !

Ads
MedV

Re: returning player, what faction/class ?

Post#2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 am

Tanks on Order at anytime of day is most needed.
Go KOTBS or SM.
The King.

Kaozium

Post#3 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:31 pm

MedV wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 am Tanks on Order at anytime of day is most needed.
Go KOTBS or SM.
Anything wrong with IB ?

Direbloodykiller

Post#4 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Kaozium wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:31 pm
MedV wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:46 am Tanks on Order at anytime of day is most needed.
Go KOTBS or SM.
Anything wrong with IB ?
other then it wont have a spot in a wb? none at all

Kaozium

Post#5 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Direbloodykiller wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:58 pm
Go KOTBS or SM.
Anything wrong with IB ?
Order lacking tanks but would deny a tank because it's not the best ? wow :/

Ototo

Post#6 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Kaozium wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm
Direbloodykiller wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Anything wrong with IB ?
Order lacking tanks but would deny a tank because it's not the best ? wow :/
In general all support classes, and no, you will not be denied a spot in a WB for rolling an IB unless that is a hardcore min-maxed one, which with the low number of tanks will accept IBs too on occasion.
Spoiler:

TreefAM

Post#7 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:26 pm In general all support classes, and no, you will not be denied a spot in a WB for rolling an IB unless that is a hardcore min-maxed one, which with the low number of tanks will accept IBs too on occasion.
Wait what's wrong with IBs?
I admit I didn't play order much but as a bg main I always thought that Ib's were similar, and I noticed that even as snb they manage to hit as trucks and survive for a long time.
Why wouldn't a wb want one?

Ototo

Post#8 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:46 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:36 pm
Ototo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:26 pm In general all support classes, and no, you will not be denied a spot in a WB for rolling an IB unless that is a hardcore min-maxed one, which with the low number of tanks will accept IBs too on occasion.
I admit I didn't play order much but as a bg main I always thought that Ib's were similar, and I noticed that even as snb they manage to hit as trucks and survive for a long time.
Cause they are don't shine at anything. They can take damage a heavy punishment, but a KotBS can take a lot more. They can deal damage, but a SM can deal more. They have utilities, but nothing unique in their kit that is not currently in the SM or Knight kits. In sum, they are balanced, which is not really a good requirement for a WB trying to min-max duties. For any other situation, a tank slot filled by a player that uses snare, challenge and guard, it's always a welcomed addition to any order group.
Spoiler:

Ads
ashton007

Post#9 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:46 pm
Cause they are don't shine at anything. They can take damage a heavy punishment, but a KotBS can take a lot more. They can deal damage, but a SM can deal more. They have utilities, but nothing unique in their kit that is not currently in the SM or Knight kits. In sum, they are balanced, which is not really a good requirement for a WB trying to min-max duties. For any other situation, a tank slot filled by a player that uses snare, challenge and guard, it's always a welcomed addition to any order group.
They do bring aoe Snare which isn't sought out but still nice. IB is arguably the best small scale or solo tank.

Ototo

Post#10 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:43 pm

ashton007 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:28 pm
Ototo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:46 pm

They do bring aoe Snare which isn't sought out but still nice. IB is arguably the best small scale or solo tank.
Technically, also does SM in its Wings of Heaven morale 2, and KotBS slotting a tactic. If you have only 2 slots and only one of the other tanks? Or both IB? Yeah, they are actually very flexible. But if you have one KotBS and one SM you will be better, with a ton more group utilities coming from auras and enchantments mechanics than from oath/grundge mechanic. What IB lacks is mostly synergies. They are the kind of class that goes around doing their things without worrying for much more. A KotBS by simple contrast has to be aware of the distance with his/her group.
Spoiler: