Recent Topics

Ads

How is the latency in Southeast Asia

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
stealthlee

How is the latency in Southeast Asia

Post#1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi, I'm a big fan of Warhammer Fantasy, never played the live version of this game, but I was so glad when I found out this private server existed! Anyway, I live in the Philippines and I was wondering if this game would be playable in my location, especially that considering pvp is a huge part of the experience? I'm not looking to min/maxing and being a pro, but it would be frustrating if my character will consistently lag behind and when my screen finally loads I would just be dead. Is this game worth from someone in my location? If yes, which server should I play in?

Philippines is near Hong Kong for those who don't know lol

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: How is the latency in Southeast Asia

Post#2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:12 pm

Well, the server is in France, I play from Wyoming and my ping is around 140ms. If you have a good internet connection you should be fine, but expect to see lag in any large (100v100 or more) engagement. Lag is just a fact of life when you have a bunch of players all in one small area. I know there are players (and streamers) that are from Australia and they don't seem to have too many issues. If you do see lots of lag during peak EU hours I'd recommend doing scenarios, I generally never see any lag when playing them.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

tochikawa

Post#3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:23 pm

I'm playing from Japan and I've only been seeing about a second or less on cast delays. But that's only due to the influx of players and the team upgrading the servers recently. Before all this It was fine. Anyways if you do end up seeing some latency issues, just wait it out.

RompyWong

Post#4 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:46 pm

My avg ping from Singapore is 240ms. It’s good enough to participate in fort and cities. That said frames goes way down when 200 ppl are on screen trying to smash each other. :)

deepfatty

Post#5 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:58 am

Wooo another SG player :D