Recent Topics

Ads

So many Addons, which to use?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
KoffenStoffen

So many Addons, which to use?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:21 am

So I just downloaded and installed the game with the addon pack, turns out there are 66 of thouse! Im so lost and no idea which I should use, what would you consider to be vital ones for a beginner to use?
I will probably play either a warrior priest or disciple of khaine, yet to decide. Much appriciated of any help.

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Re: So many Addons, which to use?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:48 am

I choose to play HARD MODE: no addons at all.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ruscour

Post#3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:46 am

As a healer if you're not using at least Enemy Unit Frames then you're shooting yourself in the foot.

If you rename the profiles that come with VinyUI it'll configure itself (mostly) nicely for you, outside of that just disable everything, enable a few things that seem cool and add on to that when you feel like it.

You definitely want to set up nice unit frames as a healer though so you can see the health bars of more than just your group easily.
Last edited by Ruscour on Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

TiberiusD

Post#4 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:48 am

adapter wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:48 am I choose to play HARD MODE: no addons at all.
This is a true Warhammer Fan. You have my respect

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#5 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:02 am

TiberiusD wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:48 am
adapter wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:48 am I choose to play HARD MODE: no addons at all.
The real hardcore plays with shift+z no ui
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

TiberiusD

Post#6 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:38 am

sullemunk wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:02 am
TiberiusD wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:48 am
The real hardcore plays with shift+z no ui
You have my respect also

Kaelang

Post#7 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:27 pm

I would highly recommend downloading and using VinyUI - link: viewtopic.php?t=6371

This is the most popular suite of addons and has the majority of addons you'll ever need when playing WAR.

It may take a slight getting used to, but it's great when it's up.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

KoffenStoffen

Post#8 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:37 am

Ruscour wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:46 am As a healer if you're not using at least Enemy Unit Frames then you're shooting yourself in the foot.

If you rename the profiles that come with VinyUI it'll configure itself (mostly) nicely for you, outside of that just disable everything, enable a few things that seem cool and add on to that when you feel like it.

You definitely want to set up nice unit frames as a healer though so you can see the health bars of more than just your group easily.

Kaelang wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:27 pm I would highly recommend downloading and using VinyUI - link: viewtopic.php?t=6371

This is the most popular suite of addons and has the majority of addons you'll ever need when playing WAR.

It may take a slight getting used to, but it's great when it's up.
Thank you!

Ads